What's new

Pakistan Rekindles Interest in HQ-9/FD-2000 SAM.

All this HQ-9 fuss since very long, no procurement, hints at a possible tailored Long Range HQ-9 for Pakistan needs. Just like J-10A failed when we tested it but J-10CE is all ready and can be accepted anytime we want to have it. Just like Recent Frigate orders that are presumably custom made, upgraded further for more capabilities than their own standard, like damen and AZMAT or the subs. All things have one thing in common, they are heavily upgraded variants for Pakistan with better stuffed capabilities. HQ-9 should we procure must at least cast if not S-400 level but quite a disturbing level of threat to India.

I was reading about S-400 today in detail (never i did that earlier), man, that is a game changer for India. Totally a huge threat !!! Might even push us to go 5th Gen earlier than planned. Furthermore, US would definitely take a chance on this, offer us F-16 upgrades due to India disturbing the balance by introducing S-400 as well as Rafales. Block 3 alone wouldn’t suffice, Gosh, even F-16s. If only we can come up with as destructive solution like S-400...

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @aliyusuf What do you guys believe ?

ll this HQ-9 fuss since very long, no procurement, hints at a possible tailored Long Range HQ-9 for Pakistan needs. Just like J-10A failed when we tested it but J-10CE is all ready and can be accepted anytime we want to have it. Just like Recent Frigate orders that are presumably custom made, upgraded further for more capabilities than their own standard, like damen and AZMAT or the subs. All things have one thing in common, they are heavily upgraded variants for Pakistan with better stuffed capabilities. HQ-9 should we procure must at least cast if not S-400 level but quite a disturbing level of threat to India.
Let's wait and see, how things turn out. First, economy has to improve before any new induction in numbers can take place.

I was reading about S-400 today in detail (never i did that earlier), man, that is a game changer for India. Totally a huge threat !!! Might even push us to go 5th Gen earlier than planned. Furthermore, US would definitely take a chance on this, offer us F-16 upgrades due to India disturbing the balance by introducing S-400 as well as Rafales. Block 3 alone wouldn’t suffice, Gosh, even F-16s. If only we can come up with as destructive solution like S-400...
S-400 has apparently great specs. Will it perform as per specs? Again, that remains to be seen. Russians are known to promote their products with bombastic specs and claims. "Remember mini-AWACS?". I am not dismissing the S-400 to be an over-hyped product, but I will first wait to read data come in about it's true performance.

Last edited:
Can not the engineering solutions in Nasr be the blue print for an indigenous LRSAM?

Even a basic one would be an added hurdle.
Any IAF aircraft would have to dodge Sams while fighting the PAF.

Even if a local Sam doesn't shoot anything down, dodging them would be enough of a bother to make them worthwhile.

One question, and the question arises due to my non familiarity with deep understanding of EW warfare.

@Signalian @HRK

In a strong EW environment created by us, our AWACS are doing their work, there is always a field or a zone which is affected to certain radius, can our own SAMs get affected by them as well ?

One question, and the question arises due to my non familiarity with deep understanding of EW warfare.

@Signalian @HRK

In a strong EW environment created by us, our AWACS are doing their work, there is always a field or a zone which is affected to certain radius, can our own SAMs get affected by them as well ?
Signalian is the right guy in domain .... I can't comment as I myself is illiterate about this subject

@Signalian @HRK

Synchronization.

@Signalian @HRK

It depends upon type of jamming being deployed.

I would suggest you reading EW 102 (A Second Course in Electronic Warfare) by David Adamy

Back
Top Bottom