What's new

Pakistan recieved its second Saab Erieye AWAC

Congrats...

Just curious to know how it compares with Beriev A-50 Phalcon of the IAF.

A little off topic but relevant to some extent i think..

It is not confirmed folks but i have heard that Pakistan is going for the DISH variant instead of Erieye like KJ-200 one. It is still not confirmed though but this was the reason why DISH equipped variant came to Pakistan. It was thoroughly tested and found a bit short in some unspecified fields. PAF sent technicians along with recommendations for improvement in radar and equipment. I have fingers crossed as work is almost complete.

One thing i must mention is that KJ-2000 is a very robust system and was also not offered because it is considered too advanced by Chinese friends. Many of its techs are shared in what is called as ZDK-03 for us.

4b6f3a347b54dad385dde6060a4e6089.jpg

1448ec29e684fe425a0fdde9235f013e.jpg

In simple words, inferior.

Both different systems, with different objectives to fulfill and specifications different too.

Thanks but I was hoping for a detailed response from someone who would like to explain what different objectives/scenarios are we looking at for the two AWACS.

Any reasons why its mounted on a propeller driven aircraft and not a jet one?
(maybe it doesnt have aerial refulling capability and hence propeller driven, not sure though)

Also why not the disc shape of radar. This shape only gives 300 degrees cover.

It is not confirmed folks but i have heard that Pakistan is going for the DISH variant instead of Erieye like KJ-200 one. It is still not confirmed though but this was the reason why DISH equipped variant came to Pakistan. It was thoroughly tested and found a bit short in some unspecified fields. PAF sent technicians along with recommendations for improvement in radar and equipment. I have fingers crossed as work is almost complete.

One thing i must mention is that KJ-2000 is a very robust system and was also not offered because it is considered too advanced by Chinese friends. Many of its techs are shared in what is called as ZDK-03 for us.

This is a new picture of the dome variant:

And if you remember we had seen a model of a Y-8 with the dome shaped antenna on it and with Pak-China flags on its tail fin, which clearly suggested it was a joint venture and the dome shaped is the one which we are getting.

It would most probably be based on the Chinese KJ-2000 technology, but little inferior in its specifications due to its size.

i think its a good start for pakistan. they got the best deal out of the money in their pocket.

infect its one of the biggest deal by pakistan of over a billion $ once they get 6 of these they will be formidable team.

no YL76 ,no KJ2000

Y-20

Back
Top Bottom