What's new

Pakistan Receives C602 Anti-ship Missiles

Not true not all missiles sink the target, as long as it renders it immobile that is just as good, the purpose is to keep the ship from doing you damage.

Well then, missiles that don't sink a target are a waste of money and are no good, making a ship immobile is a short sighted gain. A ship damaged due to such a missile can be repaired in a few months and one has to dedicate resources to kill it again? Keep in mind if a ship is entirely home made and during emergency repairs can be done much faster. The USS Cole (An Arleigh Burke Destroyer (about 9000 Ton of displacement) was repaired fully in 14 months on a normal schedule). A small corvette if entirely home made can be repaired in less than a month during emergency.

C-602
The C-602, also known as YJ-62, is a Chinese subsonic anti-ship missile that can also be used as a land attack cruise missile.
The missile was authorized for export by the Chinese government in 2005.

Specification:
  • Length: 6.1 metres (20 ft)
  • Diameter: 0.54 metres (1 ft 9 in)
  • Weight: 1.24 tonnes (1.22 long tons; 1.37 short tons) (including the 110 kilograms (240 lb) booster)
  • Warhead: 300 kilograms (660 lb)
  • Minimum speed: Mach 0.6
  • Maximum speed: Mach 0.9+
  • Cruising altitude over sea: 7–10 metres (23–33 ft)
  • Cruising altitude over ground: 30 metres (98 ft)
  • Maximum range: > 400 kilometres (250 mi), 280 kilometres (170 mi) for export version[1]
  • Minimum range: 40 to 60 kilometres (25 to 37 mi), depending on the type and size of the target
  • Engine: turbojet with solid rocket booster
  • Guidance: inertial + active radar
  • Maximum target speed: 30 knots (56 km/h; 35 mph)
  • Developer: China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation

kIW3DFG.jpg

Well then, missiles that don't sink a target are a waste of money and are no good, making a ship immobile is a short sighted gain. A ship damaged due to such a missile can be repaired in a few months and one has to dedicate resources to kill it again? Keep in mind if a ship is entirely home made and during emergency repairs can be done much faster. The USS Cole (An Arleigh Burke Destroyer (about 9000 Ton of displacement) was repaired fully in 14 months on a normal schedule). A small corvette if entirely home made can be repaired in less than a month during emergency.

Well most wars don't last years on end any more in the modern world in fact some wars last weeks at most so if you decommission a ship for a couple months it is fine since you essentially removed it from the theater of war. I also think the size of the ship in question matters if the missile cannot even sink a small corvette with a direct hit then obviously you should invest in a better missile.

Wow. so I guess a bullet that only wounds an enemy soldier is a wasted bullet?

Dude, it ends up being psychological warfare.

How would you feel, as a sailor, if your State of the Art $1 Billion, Pride of the Nation, Stealth Destroyer, got damaged by a cheap Chinese made $10,000 anti-ship missile? Putting it stranded in the middle of some ocean?

Come on bro. Its not all about killing and sinking.

A bullet that wounds the enemy is not a bullet wasted, but one requires another bullet to kill him. A dedciated adversary will never quit and as long as the enemy has legs, arms, all his senses, he will recover and get back in the fight.

We are deploying them as coastal defence batteries.

are your sure about the coastal Batteries ? What is a coastal Batterie for you ?

Do you mean missiles mounted on trucks ?
Styx-PKRK-Rubezh-MAZ543M-TELAR-6S.jpg

or missiles in prepared Bunkers under the earth ?

Utyos-Sepal-Launch-2S.jpg

I think this this missiles are only for our Fast attack craft Azmat, Jalalat II class,Jurrat class and the F-22 P Frigates.

are your sure about the coastal Batteries ? What is a coastal Batterie for you ?

Do you mean missiles mounted on trucks?

or missiles in prepared Bunkers under the earth ?

I think this this missiles are only for our Fast attack craft Azmat, Jalalat II class,Jurrat class and the F-22 P Frigates.

Most likely truck mounted. Not for Jalalats or F-22Ps we already ordered and received C-802/C-802A for them.

Most likely truck mounted. Not for Jalalats or F-22Ps we already ordered and received C-802/C-802A for them.

If that is true, than one of my dreams and Ideas is becoming reality ! That is a exelent coastal defence, but we still lack in a coastal Air Defence !

Hezbollah didn't have a Chinese missile it was an Iranian one I believe and it wasn't C802, my friend @JEskandari knows more about the missile used in the 2006 war.

It was either C-802 or C-704(according to some reports) supplied by Iran.

If that is true, than one of my dreams and Ideas is becoming reality ! That is a exelent coastal defence, but we still lack in a coastal Air Defence !

We lack SAM cover in general...btw There are reports we may get 6 type 022 FACs.

Last edited:
good news , I heard similar news so I think it must be second batch , if its for coastal defense than its good ..

We lack SAM cover in general...

This is not a lousy missile by any means but considering Pakistan's military budget how much more could they go for? India has the economy to fund very advanced projects with other nations to produce weapons for their Navy. I think Pakistan needs to create a serious military pact with Saudi Arabia and China to get funding for weapons, although China doesn't need Pakistani expertise, Saudi Arabia could probably use it.

This is not a lousy missile by any means but considering Pakistan's military budget how much more could they go for? India has the economy to fund very advanced projects with other nations to produce weapons for their Navy. I think Pakistan needs to create a serious military pact with Saudi Arabia and China to get funding for weapons, although China doesn't need Pakistani expertise, Saudi Arabia could probably use it.

This is nothing, the real deal is our sub surface force, soon we'll be acquiring 6 more subs. We have enough deterrence that's why even after amassing hundreds of thousands of soldiers on our borders twice in the last decade nothing could be done against us. Now our focus is economy, the rest will follow.

This is nothing, the real deal is our sub surface force, soon we'll be acquiring 6 more subs. We have enough deterrence that's why even after amassing hundreds of thousands of soldiers on our borders twice in the last decade nothing could be done against us. Now our focus is economy, the rest will follow.

You invest in subs they'll invest in P8Is, you invest in anti-aircraft, they'll go for, hmmmm :undecided:... i'm not really good with navy.

Everything is a tit for tat. There's always escalation, basic International Relations National Security Dilemma. The hard part is finding an equilibrium where the establishments feel they have a pretty good deterrent.

Escalation is easy, its the de-escalation that's hard. Do you want an example required?

It was Kowsar missile which was a copy of C-701 , a C-802 will simply evaporate a ship in size of the Sa'ar and the damage was consistent with the damage you expect from c-701 . also when Israel pulled it's ship back into the sea there was no more attack against them as Kowsar had limited range (15-20km)

A bullet that wounds the enemy is not a bullet wasted, but one requires another bullet to kill him. A dedciated adversary will never quit and as long as the enemy has legs, arms, all his senses, he will recover and get back in the fight.
a dead enemy , well is a dead enemy nothing more nothing else .
a wounded enemy on the other hand , need a combat capable enemy to care for him and after that the enemy need to spend resource on him . a wounded enemy make his comrade slow ,he'll distract them from the fight in short he is a liability.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom