What's new

Pakistan Railways: News & Updates

track is already there upto hawalian just short of abbotabad
it Doesn't matter track is already there upto hawalian its gonna be hell of ride though the snowy mountians we gonna have some wicked & Awesome sceneries :yahoo::chilli::nhl_checking: i just can't wait to get a ride to muzafarabad through Railway:pakistan:

At the time of Musharraf, Pakistan imported locomotives from China and they turned out to be very sub standard.

How is it going to be different this time around?

this time around its not Shiekh Rasheed deciding what to buy, he is only good for incoherent speeches on TV talk shows where his 10 sentences will be about 10 totally different topics. Chinese though not good speakers out smarted that idiot.

it Doesn't matter track is already there upto hawalian its gonna be hell of ride though the snowy mountians we gonna have some wicked & Awesome sceneries :yahoo::chilli::nhl_checking: i just can't wait to get a ride to muzafarabad through Railway:pakistan:
the rail through khyber pass is very "hellish" too but who is going to run the rail on existing so many tracks..
just building rail tracks without anything to run on it

حکومت کا ریلوے پولیس کی تنخواہیں بڑھانے کا فیصلہ
ریلوے پولیس کی تنخواہیں بڑھانے کے لئے سمری وزارت خزانہ کو ارسال کر دی گئی ہے۔ ذرائع کا کہنا ہے کہ وفاقی وزیر ریلوے خواجہ سعد رفیق نے اس بات کی اعتراف کیا تھا کہ ریلوے پولیس کی تنخواہیں دیگر پولیس کے اداروں موٹر وے اور پنجاب پولیس سے کم ہیں اس لئے ان کی تنخواہیں بڑھائی جائیں گئی۔ ریلوے پولیس کی تنخواہیں مرحلہ وار بڑھائی جائیں گئیں اور چار برسوں میں پچس فیصد اضافے سے سو فیصد اضافہ کیا جائے گا۔ ذرائع کا یہ بھی کہنا ہے کہ تنخواہوں میں اضافہ آئندہ مالی
سال یکم جولائی دو ہزار چودہ سے متوقع ہے۔

10252175_491772607618416_4764607546392292920_n.jpg

Govt plans to launch Wi-Fi at railway stations: Saad

Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique says a comprehensive plan has been devised to revamp railway system.

Talking to newsmen in Hyderabad, he hoped that railways deficit will be overcome in two to four years.

He said the government plans to launch Wi-Fi at each railway station across the country.

The Minister said eight hundred and fifty personnel are being added to railway police to maintain security in trains.

Radio Pakistan

Nine Chinese locomotives inducted in railways

Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique on Saturday expressed the determination that performance of the Pakistan Railways will be improved by inducting new engines.

He was addressing a ceremony of inducting nine new engines imported from China in the Pakistan Railways on Saturday. It is first induction of new engines in Railways in 13 years. The minister said that the railways need 400 more engines to revamp the department.

Under the agreement, China will provide 58 engines by the end of this year and another consignment of 23 engines will reach Pakistan shortly. Saad said that new addition in the railways fleet would significantly increase capacity of the railways. He was confident that the induction of the new engines would help increase the income of the railways.

For smooth running of the locomotives, 50 officials of the railway have been sent to China for training, he said.

Nine Chinese locomotives inducted in railways

I have found memories of travelling on Railways every Pakistani is encouraged to travel on it

I hope some day I can travel again so I can live my memories of when I was child again, the hassle and bussle at stations
the Quli's bringing in stuff into the train. People striving to sit by the window and you and cousines jumping up to get the upper beds on train.

The views of Pakistani vilages and outside as train moved

Train stopping and people getting out to grab quick snacks people don't know what they are missing, its not same as travelling on plane

It's not rocket science to revive Railways

30 Locomotives send them out to US for fixes
15 Locomotives fix them in Pakistan
25 Locomotives buy brand new from outside

Request Locomotives instead of F16 , we have more then enough fighter jets specially with local programs like JF17 thunder

Last edited:
this time around its not Shiekh Rasheed deciding what to buy, he is only good for incoherent speeches on TV talk shows where his 10 sentences will be about 10 totally different topics. Chinese though not good speakers out smarted that idiot.

You dont even have short term memory! Love of Sharifs has blinded you.

The railway engines at the time of Musharraf were bought by Javed Ashraf.

First time in last 13 years nine new engines made part of Pakistan Railways

KARACHI – In a bid to pump new life into ailing Pakistan Railways in 13 years, nine new imported from China locomotives were made part of the engine squad that would pull the trains with new energy.

The ceremony to include the engines imported from China was held on Saturday which was also attended by the Federal Minister for Railways, Khawaja Saad Rafique.

Railways Minsiter Khwaja Saad Rafique inaugurated the locomotives in a ceremony which was the first ever induction of new engines in Pakistan Railways in 13 years.

Interestingly, Khawaja mentioned that around 400 more engines were required to revamp the whole department.

He also mentioned that under the agreement, China will provide 58 engines by the end of this year and another consignment of 23 engines will reach Pakistan shortly.

Khwaja Saad Rafique has expressed the determination that performance of the department will be improved by inducting new engines.

First time in last 13 years nine new engines made part of Pakistan Railways | Pakistan Tribe

Back
Top Bottom