What's new

Pakistan Railways: News & Updates

700724-railwayengineimportchinabogeycarcartphotoonline-1398545856-560-640x480.jpg

It's really not that difficult to get 600 Locomotives for Pakistan Railways

1 Locomotive costs around 2 Million USD , and if we overhaul cost for our existing fleet would be ony 1.25 Milion per engine to 1.0 Million with discounts if negotiated with US companies

Unrepaird Locomotives or out of comission Locomotives : 200-250

Plan for fixes to Old Inventory : Government's Investment 200 Million USD

> US Factories : 150 Locomotives , cost 100 Million USD
> PakistanI Factories : 20 Locomotives , cost 20 Million USD
> Chinese Factories : 75 Locomotives , cost 75 Million USD

Brand New Locomotive Purchase fund : 80 Million USD, Bank financing
> US factories : 50 locomotives (2014-2015)
> Chinese factories : 50 locomotives (2014-2015)

Total Cost : 280 Million this is not a large figure by any means when you consider
Railways in hey days carried 65 Million customers annually so any investment is recoverable in few years due to usage by customers

Pakistan Railways need to also reduce its employee size from 84,000 workers to
40,000 workers, and hire 10,000 new mechanical engineers and electrical and body work engineers.

Last edited:
BoATidQIgAAxFpf.jpg

sadia rafique should do something when buying broken engines earning commission !
Abhay O dhakan, the whole news is fabricated. There was nothing wrong with the engine. The engineer controlling the engine was not aware of the electronics. Media these days..... and dhakans like you these days that feed the media.... What a miserable life you lead mere dhakan bhai

Lol, that engine made absolutely no noise. I am very happy to see it finally in Pakistan. Hopefully, people will upload more videos

Lol, that engine made absolutely no noise. I am very happy to see it finally in Pakistan. Hopefully, people will upload more videos

That means it could pull a train faster then that o.o i guess....

That's some awesome news, can we get an upgrade to whole factory, to build something competing the world.

This looks like soon PR will come back on it's feet. If this locomotive factory can even save money of bringing engine from outside will be pretty cool.

Then people says, in Musharaf's time whole Pakistan was growing?

Back
Top Bottom