What's new

Pakistan orders more AW139 helos from Leonardo

What i do know is that it uses a Russian twin turbo shaft engine. Anything more than that you would need to speak to one of the Army Aviation guys here :). My speciality is more on terra firma :).

It seem this is the third order of same helicopter. In first batch we ordered 14 so if we are ordering same number than this makes it 42 or maybe more or less but we are slowly increasing our orders. And by the way this company is dam fast at meeting our orders.

What else Pakistan can get from them??

Air Defence systems and HandGuns and ShortGuns and Sniper Guns and hopefully FREMM Frigates

What you think Pakistan should look into and will be good to buy from them?

• Further AW139s for utility, SAR and EMS with deliveries starting in early 2018
  • The AW139 proves the preferred choice for a number of military and government customers around the world
  • Bestseller helicopter with over 1000 units sold to more than 250 customers in over 70 nations and nearly 900 units in service to date

Leonardo announced today that the Government of Pakistan has signed a new order for an undisclosed number of additional AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopters. The aircraft will be used to perform utility, SAR (Search and Rescue) and EMS (Emergency Medical Service) operations across the nation. Deliveries are expected to start in early 2018.

The contract is a further step towards the completion of fleet renewal programmes spread over several batches plus logistic support and training. This event is a major achievement for Leonardo expanding the already successful presence of the AW139 model in the country. A fast growing fleet of AW139s is already in service in Pakistan, with several units operated by the Pakistan Government for relief and transport duties. The AW139 is the perfect fit to Pakistan’s operational environment, delivering outstanding capabilities and hot&high performance unmatched by any other existing helicopter type in the same class.

http://www.leonardocompany.com/en/-/aw139-pakistan-3

17620192_10154766242872663_5433476878769405679_o.jpg

• Further AW139s for utility, SAR and EMS with deliveries starting in early 2018

• The AW139 proves the preferred choice for a number of military and government customers around the world

• Bestseller helicopter with over 1000 units sold to more than 250 customers in over 70 nations and nearly 900 units in service to date

Leonardo announced today that the Government of Pakistan has signed a new order for an undisclosed number of additional AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopters. The aircraft will be used to perform utility, SAR (Search and Rescue) and EMS (Emergency Medical Service) operations across the nation. Deliveries are expected to start in early 2018.

The contract is a further step towards the completion of fleet renewal programmes spread over several batches plus logistic support and training. This event is a major achievement for Leonardo expanding the already successful presence of the AW139 model in the country. A fast growing fleet of AW139s is already in service in Pakistan, with several units operated by the Pakistan Government for relief and transport duties. The AW139 is the perfect fit to Pakistan’s operational environment, delivering outstanding capabilities and hot&high performance unmatched by any other existing helicopter type in the same class.

http://www.leonardocompany.com/en/-/aw139-pakistan-3

They are beauty and i am also smelling radars and other goodies for JF17

so this is the third batch order?
why not order in bulk to save money?
these orders are months apart and makes no sense.

Maybe its one order but confirmed(finance) in batches?
it cant be then it would be an agreed amount to be confirmed to be purchased and then financed later.

lets say i buy 20 of these choppers i dont need to pay upfront. all you need is a deposit or the agreed amount and the rest can be paid upon delivery in the next fiscal year. or you can get a loan and call it a day.

it cant be then it would be an agreed amount to be confirmed to be purchased and then financed later.

lets say i buy 20 of these choppers i dont need to pay upfront. all you need is a deposit or the agreed amount and the rest can be paid upon delivery in the next fiscal year. or you can get a loan and call it a day.
And what if they need guarantees from some costumers?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom