What's new

Pakistan orders more AW139 helos from Leonardo

Pakistan needs to build a helicopter manufacturing and maintenance facility in which as a start one attack and one transport helicopter should be built and and maintenance and over haul structure for all helicopters in inventory.

I don't think so
Most of them are used for VIP transport since I had seen These HELI's when Mr.PM arrived in CHahsma

Sir
What will be the price of each unit
i have no idea abut actual price but this baby is expensive then many other systems

It seem this is the third order of same helicopter. In first batch we ordered 14 so if we are ordering same number than this makes it 42 or maybe more or less but we are slowly increasing our orders. And by the way this company is dam fast at meeting our orders.

AW-139 Helos of Pakistan Army Aviation :smitten::smitten::smitten:

14632829_10154620280594210_3887403652797268651_n.jpg
14642269_10154616017589210_4669868479856181894_n.jpg

Pakistan orders additional AW139 helicopters
DAWN.COM — UPDATED 16 minutes ago
29 COMMENTS
PRINT
Pakistan has ordered additional AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters intermediate twin engine helicopters, confirmed Italian aerospace and defence firm Leonardo-Finmeccanica.

The additional order was placed by the Ministry of Defence for an unspecified number of new helicopters.

The helicopters are expected to perform search and rescue (SAR) and emergency medical service (EMS) duties in the country.

Deliveries for the helicopters are expected to start from mid-2017, the defence company added.

"The AW139 is the perfect fit to Pakistan’s operational environment, delivering outstanding capabilities with hot and high performance unmatched by any other existing helicopter type in the same class," said Leonardo.

An agreement was signed and an initial order for the helicopter was placed in May 2016.

The agreement was part of a fleet renewal programme spread over several stages and included a logistics support and training package.

A total of 11 AW139s are already in service in Pakistan, with five aircraft operated for civil protection and transport tasks.

Last edited:
I don't think so
Most of them are used for VIP transport since I had seen These HELI's when Mr.PM arrived in CHahsma

Sir
What will be the price of each unit

Approximately 25+ to 35-/+ mil US$ as per requirement (features and in house facilities) and acquirement (quantity).

I think that is positive and negative...
  • positive in the sense of our budgetary constraints
  • while negative because it shows ad hocism and poor vision of our planners and strategists

AW139 uses same as Vipers.

Leonardo received an order from Pakistan's Ministry of Defense to deliver additional AW139 helicopters for transport and utility purposes.

The company did not disclose the number of rotorcraft included in its latest order. Deliveries are expected to begin in mid-2017.

Leonardo says the purchase expands Pakistan's existing AW139 fleet, adding the rotorcraft's high performance capabilities under extreme weather conditions make it a good fit for the country's operational environment.

The AW139 helicopter is a multirole aircraft designed for emergency response and search-and-rescue operations. Its military variant, designated the AW139M, is powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6 engines, and can be piloted by one or two pilots in addition to carrying 10 troops.

Leonardo adds the helicopter features the largest cabin volume in its class to accommodate two to four stretchers to support emergency response missions.

http://www.upi.com/Defense-News/201...more-AW139-helos-from-Leonardo/6821487621600/

Beautiful SAR and CSAR asset!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom