What's new

Pakistan Needs J-20 If It Wants To Stand A Chance

Pakistan will go the TFX way, as the chinese can not directly have any part in the making of TFX, so they will want pakistan to have a part in it, so the chinese can have indirectly taken part in it(clandestine TOT). J20 may be better for china but j20(heavy tier) is like f15 and j31(medium tier) is like f16, pakistan will always go for a medium tier aircraft as in the 80's Pakistan choose the f16's, as it fulfils all the strategic goals. The potential of j20 coming to pakistan is there but it will be half a squadran, posted in gawader through a strategic agreement.
my 2 cents.
Strategic goals are always updated. Pakistan used B-57's in the past. In the 80's when F-16's were bought they were for Russia. If things would have gone sour then F-15 would have been procured.

A5- Fatans were used as bombers and Mirages were also used for that role.

Hi,

Even a super power---the USA is upgrading its 60 years old B52---they are also upgrading the B1's---to compliment the 5th gen aircraft---.

They are all stupid---amazing---.
Sir,
Pakistan is not USA.
USA can use B-1's and B-52's because they have B-2's that can go in and take out all high valued targets without being seen opening up space for the rest to fly safely.

If Pakistan had stealth technology as mature as that of USA then they would be updating the A-5 Fatans.
PAF does not have any long range aircraft and hence they need something.

I do not think so. Su 35 or Saab gripen would certainly have caused concern for India.
Su-35 isn't all that much better than India Su-30MKI.

Gripen is interesting though with the combination of the Raven AESA+Meteor missile

This is just the idea of turk TFX with "advance west technology",Pakistan already show great interest in it.
TFX is 10 years away from reality, even if we show interest to buy it. It won't be reality until 2028-2030. As far as I can thin this thread is about 2018-2020

sir ji, PAF men are like Tom Dick and Harry, neither they see, hear nor they speak.

If they would have been clever enough we would have RAFALE already in our airforce,
People like u should be on PAF payroll.

There is no doubt that Pakistan would get J-20s/J-31s or their equivalents in fairly large numbers. It's no longer a matter of if but when! That is the most pertinent question. WHEN will Pakistan start taking deliveries of such fighter jets?

People like u should be on PAF payroll.
I don't need PAF.. they should better invest in Radars,missiles, EW,AWS or they should buy these systems off the shelf to strengthen the nations security.. instead of Making Housing Schemes and Hotels..

It would, and they are thinking about this already, because the data-link capability between the models is for precisely this purpose. One doesn't need to hear that they are looking at these opportunities over the neighborhood mosque loudspeaker, it kind of stands out of the ruck.

Needless to add, the cycle will go on. On our side, the quest will be to spot those J-20s as early as possible, if possible. Fortunately for us, Pakistan has very little airspace in which to hide; keeping all her assets in the air, anywhere, makes those assets vulnerable from within Indian territory. If the J-20s can't be spotted, the JF-17s can; it will be possible to take down most of them.

Clever, clever boy.
No need of sending jf17 with j20 and india have no capabilties to detect stealth

Yes PAF do need combination of J20 & J31 to counter future threats imposed by Indians !

Pakistan is a Tier 1 Ally for China. That means anything China has in it's inventory, is developing, or needs, China will oblige.

I cannot revel the level of cooperation on an open forum, but believe me, it's not a typical buyer / seller relationship.

how can u say that, ??? i mean whats ur creadibility ,.. sorry if i m not updated..

Back
Top Bottom