What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

In Context of the Russian-Ukraine Conflict the arrival of the 3 Ships Type 054 is eagerly awaited

At one point I did suggest to consider a fall back acquisition of 4 Chinese excess retired ships (from 1990's). My suggestion was to , use these ships temporary basis , till the newer ships are inducted , the ships are similar level to the F22P ships we have in Navy

Reference: From 2019

Considering their is a gap for certain years till all the orders complete

a) 2023/2024 Targets for Type054 (3 Ships)​
b) 2023/2025 Targets for Milgem (4 Ships)​

Wonder how folks feel about the situation if having a security policy (Fall gap) ships which can be borrowed from China Under CPEC , these ships are just parked on sidelines

Would make sense to temporary induct 4 ships (2021 to 2026), and then in 2026 retire them as other newer ships arrive

Last edited:
Pakistan Navy Type-54AP frigate (left) along with a PLAN's Type-54A frigate (right)..

1646926402869.png

The second Tughril-Class (Type 054AP) Guided Missile & Air Defence Figate built for the Pakistan Navy, PNS Tipu Sultan, has left for sea trials from Hudong–Zhonghua Shipbuilding yards in Shanghai today.

View attachment 792731
This was second ship on trial on 12 November leaving sea port, so I can surely say that above pictures are of 3rd ship electronics and weapon integration completion. We should soon see news on completion of trial of PNS Tipu Sultan the second ship and its induction ceremony in Pakistan Navy. Any other forum members with same opinion?

The second ship was supposed to be inducted in PN by sometime now. Let's wait for its news breaking from Shanghai.

Pakistan Navy Type-54AP frigate (left) along with a PLAN's Type-54A frigate (right)..

View attachment 822701
This was second ship on trial on 12 November leaving sea port, so I can surely say that above pictures are of 3rd ship electronics and weapon integration completion. We should soon see news on completion of trial of PNS Tipu Sultan the second ship and its induction ceremony in Pakistan Navy. Any other forum members with same opinion?
CM 302 missile
This is Chinese speed and exceptional engineering, friend, brother, ally 🇨🇳
April is finished , hopefully we will get 2nd one soon IA .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom