What's new

Pakistan Navy to get US frigate

When we do get this perry class ship! will we be getting SH-60 helicopters with it?

These ship most likely equipped with basic equipment, non conventional weapons. Its basically patrol boats for Somalian shore lines. Most probably Pak will load its own helicopter on this ship.

US won't offer this machine.

Last edited:
These ship most likely equipped with basic equipment, non conventional weapons. Its basically patrol boats for Somalian shore lines. Most probably Pak will load its own helicopter on this ship.

well i hope that by 'there own helicopter" you do not mean to point at the old sea-king platforms!!

sir g you are only specualating... Pak has to play such games inorder to gain such weapons.. they have to prove west that they want to buy F-16s to fight terrorisim... and now they will say they have to buy frigates to fight piracy... and btw you dont fight terrorisim with AMRAAM or fighte piracy with HARPOONS..

how many of the "oliver class frigates" are we receiving from us and by what time they will be among us
and second question are we receiving some covertees from turkey

how many of the "oliver class frigates" are we receiving from us and by what time they will be among us

six in all, with the first one scheduled for deleivery in 2010, IF everyhthing moves as planned!

not as yet. PN have expressed intrest in milegem class ships, both the covertes and frigates but no official deal or negotiations are going on! PN may move in this direction once we are done with F22p!!

regards!

six in all, with the first one scheduled for deleivery in 2010, IF everyhthing moves as planned!

not as yet. PN have expressed intrest in milegem class ships, both the covertes and frigates but no official deal or negotiations are going on! PN may move in this direction once we are done with F22p!!

regards!

SSM 2008 report says official MOU signed with Pakistan on the production of corvettes
report: http://www.ssm.gov.tr/TR/dokumantasy...t Raporu.pdf

please dont assume.

So what exactly will be the cost for upgrading these ships inorder for them to be re-used by the PN? Last i read was that these ships will come stripped down, also the cost involved in upgrading these frigates, how much cost effective will it be if we compare it with the new F-22p.

So what exactly will be the cost for upgrading these ships inorder for them to be re-used by the PN? Last i read was that these ships will come stripped down, also the cost involved in upgrading these frigates, how much cost effective will it be if we compare it with the new F-22p.

oh for please god sake why do pleople keep repeating same old nonsense speculation about OHP being striped down on prior to delivery!
sorry no offense to you bro...

anyways.. USN has taken out its SM-2 missile system so that it can supply its allies.. The PN will most probably fallow Turkey's path by retrofitting them with ESSM and not to forget new enhanced ASW capability that our OHP going to come with..

Last edited:
oh for please god sake why do please keep repeating same old nonsense speculation about OHP being striped down on prior to delivery!
sorry no offense to you bro...

anyways.. USN has taken out its SM-2 missile system so that it can supply its allies.. The PN will most probably fallow Turkey's path by retrofitting them with ESSM and not to forget new enhanced ASW capability that our OHP going to come with..

If my question bothers you that much, better not quote it next time and leave it for others to reply. And read my question again i said i have read somewhere about the stripping down of components not that i am arguing about it being stripped down of key components and so i asked. By the way thanks but no thanks i got my answer from another thread in which penguin has explained.

If my question bothers you that much, better not quote it next time and leave it for others to reply. And read my question again i said i have read somewhere about the stripping down of components not that i am arguing about it being stripped down of key components and so i asked. By the way thanks but no thanks i got my answer from another thread in which penguin has explained.
you seriously dont understand "sorry" and took offense.. btw this is a open forum and you are no one to tell me to on what to comment or not.

65mill USD!

only one so far from USN EDA stocks - Pakistan has requested for six but so far the US is reluctant to pass on more then one!

only one so far from USN EDA stocks - Pakistan has requested for six but so far the US is reluctant to pass on more then one!

:what: I thought they have just agreed to pass one next year.

Here is aussi OHP after major upgrades..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom