What's new

Pakistan Navy Issues NOTAM - Test fires Ghaznavi Missile

with tough economic conditions we should not expect some extraordinary missile test like hypersonic or icbms

Before anyone says it is to counter the indian test, it is not.

Tests sites are prepared in advance with lots of logistical issues.

I actually knew about this test more than 10 days ago (even before issuance of NOTAM) but I wasn't told the type.

BTW this Training launch should be read in context of reports about the deployment of missiles by India at their side of LOC
Cruise Missile vs Ballistic Missile??
This same missile was tested in August 2019 too

Congrats on successful training test as it is necessary to check capabilities time to time.

It looks like, they dont want to show some hidden cards yet.

It's not the case of 'X missile system' Vs. 'Y missile system' but about the capability to strike the targets of interest inside enemy borders .....

that was also a training launch and today's launch was also a training launch in fact since 2012 we are conducting Training launch of this system [click]

Unlike the previous videos this test didn't show where it hit or dis i miss it

So? This missile was first tested in 2002. Then in 2003. Entered service in 2004 and was again tested in 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012 and 2019. Pakistan will periodically test each of its missiles (possibly as new batches come) in order to fine tune various aspects of the missile (including targeting and accuracy). Each test yields quality data and it may take years to perfect a system, even if it is already in service. You dont want to fire such a weapon, for example, at a military base, and instead hit a school 500 yards away. So you must keep refining the weapons systems.

Gaznavi is in memory of Sultan Mahmut of Gazni, who took away the gold accumulated in the Somnath Temple in Gujrat. The Hindu folks in Gujrat till today guard Somnath Temple with a foolproof mechanism as per an NYT article I read a number of years back. IMO the Pak strategists want to start with Gaznavi with an expectation it would suffice...

*Modi, Shah, Ambani, Gandhi, Patel, Desai etc. are all from Gujrat

Another NOTAM issued with 23000FT. ceilings.

83517523_132559874891225_4855667670105718784_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom