What's new

Pakistan Navy Inducts Marinized ATR MPAs and LUNA NG UAVs

You also have falco ...something simialr could have been built inhouse..

Well Falco is an Italian product, not sure how much of it has been indigenized I believe PAC has some significant TOT for it.

The new Uqab-NG looks to fit the bill quite well, providing almost the same capabilities as Luna-NG. Heck they even look similar.
upload_2020-1-5_23-50-58.jpeg

Well Falco is an Italian product, not sure how much of it has been indigenized I believe PAC has some significant TOT for it.

The new Uqab-NG looks to fit the bill quite well, providing almost the same capabilities as Luna-NG. Heck they even look similar.
View attachment 598102
Luna has 12 hours of endurance. What about UQAB NG???

View attachment 598102
Falco is supposedly a western system optics and surveillance ..
They should have built something at home with tot if uqab was subpar

View attachment 598102

can’t be compared to the LUNA series.

this Pakistani drone needs to be made of composite materials to reduce weight. The same problem with the Ra’ad missile. Both products made from cheap metals

can’t be compared to the LUNA series.

this Pakistani drone needs to be made of composite materials to reduce weight. The same problem with the Ra’ad missile. Both products made from cheap metals

Do we have the MTOW of both for comparison? Plus, we are doing composite fuselage for Falco potential the expertise can be utilized for Uqab-NG.

I don't know much. I asked the same question a few months ago.
IMO since ATR has newer equipments it should be better. But it can't hunt subs since it doesn't carry sonobuoys and has only 2 hard points.

@Quwa @Tank131 @Gryphon

It has sonobueys and also can carry depth charges and 2 light weight torpedos. It is true that it doesnt have a MAD, it does have have a variety of other sensors pike electro-optical sensors (Star Saffire 3) and a very powerful AESA radar (Leonardo Seaspray 7300E) with a 200+km range which can also be used to penetrate the surface of the sea to look for subs in addition to the sonobueys. While it doesn't have a MAD it does have an high end acoustic processing system. In this way it is much like they P-8 Poesidin (which also uses an acoustic sensor system which Boeing claims is very effective at finding subs and hence doesnt require a MAD) so should still be quite a capable sub hunter.

That being said, im hoping PN looks into the Y-8GX6 (Y-8Q) which has the largest MAD on any aircraft and has the ability to carry 6 heavy torpedos or AShM and 100 sonobueys. 6-8 of these and another 4 of the ATR-72 will give PN a good basis for sub hunting and maritime patrol, not to mention the ability of the Y-8Q to participate in the A2/AD regime of the PN (carrying 6 C-802A or better yet CM-400AKG would make this a killer against any IN fleet).

I think it lacks a Magnetic anomly detector

It has sonobueys and also can carry depth charges and 2 light weight torpedos. It is true that it doesnt have a MAD, it does have have a variety of other sensors pike electro-optical sensors (Star Saffire 3) and a very powerful AESA radar (Leonardo Seaspray 7300E) with a 200+km range which can also be used to penetrate the surface of the sea to look for subs in addition to the sonobueys. While it doesn't have a MAD it does have an high end acoustic processing system. In this way it is much like they P-8 Poesidin (which also uses an acoustic sensor system which Boeing claims is very effective at finding subs and hence doesnt require a MAD) so should still be quite a capable sub hunter.

That being said, im hoping PN looks into the Y-8GX6 (Y-8Q) which has the largest MAD on any aircraft and has the ability to carry 6 heavy torpedos or AShM and 100 sonobueys. 6-8 of these and another 4 of the ATR-72 will give PN a good basis for sub hunting and maritime patrol, not to mention the ability of the Y-8Q to participate in the A2/AD regime of the PN (carrying 6 C-802A or better yet CM-400AKG would make this a killer against any IN fleet).

In the video the guy is talking about MAD on ATR-72:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom