What's new

Pakistan Navy Inducts Marinized ATR MPAs and LUNA NG UAVs

Just keep them well protected, not like the P3C were kept :hitwall:

And please please make me happy and get a squadron of air superiority / naval strike combat aircraft to replace the Mirage :wub: something that can both take on the INs Mig29s and and carry a few anti ship missiles :flame:

Different platforms for Different roles.

P3C also carries weapons and sensors to hunt submarines meanwhile ATR are inly for patrolling with only two hps to carry missiles. P3C's endurance is also bigger.
But ATRs can also hunt submarines?
Different platforms for Different roles.

P3C also carries weapons and sensors to hunt submarines meanwhile ATR are inly for patrolling with only two hps to carry missiles. P3C's endurance is also bigger.
Thanks and how'd you compare and rate the ASW capabilities of both these platforms?

But ATRs can also hunt submarines?

Thanks and how'd you compare and rate the ASW capabilities of both these platforms?
I don't know much. I asked the same question a few months ago.
IMO since ATR has newer equipments it should be better. But it can't hunt subs since it doesn't carry sonobuoys and has only 2 hard points.

@Quwa @Tank131 @Gryphon

PAKISTAN NAVY INDUCTS MARITIME PATROL AIRCRAFTS (MPA) & UNMANNED AERIAL SYSTEMS, ENHANCES OPERATIONAL CAPABILITY OF ITS AIR ARM

Karachi, 04 Jan 20: Induction ceremony of state-of-the-art Maritime Patrol Aircrafts (MPA) and tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) in Pakistan Navy Fleet was held at Karachi. Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi graced the occasion as Chief Guest.

Speaking on the occasion, Chief of the Naval Staff, highlighting the role of Pakistan Navy in safeguarding the maritime frontiers and ensuring safety of Sea Lines of Communication, said that induction of marinized ATR aircraft with weapons and sensors will substantially enhance operational capabilities of Pakistan Navy Fleet’s Air Arm. Moreover, induction of another ATR in cargo/ para-drop role will provide added flexibility to the Special Forces’ operations.

The Chief Guest further added that induction of LUNA NG Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) in Fleet Air Arm will further augment Pakistan Navy’s Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities in maritime domain especially in Creeks areas and along the Coastal belt. The Admiral urged the crew of newly inducted ATRs & Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) to make optimum utilization of these platforms in order to contribute effectively towards combat potential of Pakistan Navy Fleet.

Appreciating the detection of Indian Submarine by Pakistan Navy Aircraft in post Pulwama stand off the Naval Chief said that I am glad that PN Aviation Fleet proved its mastery and made the whole nation proud. He advised the aviators to keep the same spirit and be prepared for any eventuality that may rise anytime. He also highlighted that Pakistan Navy’s developmental plans include acquisition of Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs) in support of maritime operations, too.

The ceremony was attended by high ranking officials, serving and retired Aviators of Pakistan Navy and sister services and representatives of concerned government departments.

IMG-20200103-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20200103-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20200103-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20200103-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20200103-WA0017.jpg

I don't know much. I asked the same question a few months ago.
IMO since ATR has newer equipments it should be better. But it can't hunt subs since it doesn't carry sonobuoys and has only 2 hard points.

@Quwa @Tank131 @Gryphon

PN ATR-72 MPA's carry sonobuoys for classification and their ASW weaponry includes depth charges & LWT's.

The one on the right is missing all the gadgets, thats what I noticed.

Serial #78 and 79 upgraded to MPA.

Serial #76 and 77 inducted into service, conversion pending. One of those recently arrived in Pak.

PN ATR-72 MPA's carry sonobuoys for classification and their ASW weaponry includes depth charges & LWT's.

Serial #78 and 79 upgraded to MPA.

Serial #76 and 77 inducted into service, conversion pending. One of those recently arrived in Pak.
I think it lacks a Magnetic anomly detector

Just keep them well protected, not like the P3C were kept :hitwall:

And please please make me happy and get a squadron of air superiority / naval strike combat aircraft to replace the Mirage :wub: something that can both take on the INs Mig29s and and carry a few anti ship missiles :flame:
There were talks of j-15s

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom