What's new

Pakistan Navy Frigates & Destroyers Information pool

more OHP frigates required to replace the vunerable Type21s
Rub the US Genie lamp and present your wish to him. He will say "Your wish is my command Master" and wallah OHPs!!!! While you are there make sure you ask for some------ and-------------and--------.
A

Last edited:
Rub the US Genie lamp and present your wish to him. He will say "Your wish is my command Master" and wallah OHPs!!!! While you are there make sure you ask for some------ and-------------and--------.
A
You can do better then this sir jee,, u got a lamp genie and still asking for OHP? :P
Still i am not sure they are worth it the way we got the first one, even if a genie is giving these to us. Still not worth it.

It is much better to get fewer but at least well equipped heavier frigates with better AAW capabilities. If we talk about priorities, i think submarines are on top of the list, particular the ones that can give second strike capability. Second will be AAW frigates.

Want to know if PN uses UAVs on destroyers ?

The Scan Eagle UAV has been reportedly ordered and the launch platform GRC43m Patrol Boat has been as well. Video and Images below....but I haven't checked the posts before this or the latest on this, maybe old news...

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions | Page 76

US okays sale of 8 Global Response Cutters to Pakistan - thenews.com.pk

US to Sell 8 “Global Response Cutters” to Pakistan. Webber Alternative? | Chuck Hill's CG Blog

large_GRC43M_3344.jpg
large_GRC43M_5A.jpg

DIMENSIONS
Length Overall (Molded) 143' (43.6m)
Length of Waterline 124'5" (37.96m)
Beam (Molded) 26'0" (7.93m)
Draft (Full Load) 6'11" (2.11m)

MAXIMUM SPEED
Full Load 32.4 knots
Half Load 32.8 knots

RANGE
10 knots 4,500 NM
14 knots 3,000 NM
Flank 1,025
10% usable fuel remaining

TANK CAPACITIES
Fuel 13,535 USG / 51.27 m³
Fresh Water 1,500 USG / 5.68 m³
Gray Water 1,100 USG / 4.17 m³
Black Water 540 USG / 2.05 m³

DISPLACEMENT
Full Load 475,000 lbs / 215 MT
Half Load 433,000 lbs / 196 MT
Light Ship 333,000 lbs / 151 MT

OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENT
Coastal and Offshore Missions

MISSION ELECTRONICS
Stabilized FLIR Camera
X and S Band Radars
Communication Suite

ACCOMMODATIONS
Berthing for 24
Mess and Galley

CLASSIFICATION
ABS HSC Maltese Cross A1 Maltese Cross AMS

Funny thing is that this GRC43m was the 'also-ran' to the US coast guard's current Fast Response Cutter (FRC Sentinel-class- image below). However IMHO GRC43m is a better more stable design - American style (and is a shallower draft vessel with FRP hull/Aluminium superstructure). The FRC (shown below) is a Damen Schelde (Holland) design that Bangladesh is currently basing its small Navy Coastal Patrol Boats on. Several are under construction at the Naval Dockyard near Dhaka (Keel Laid). Both are handsome looking prototypes.

Here is the US and BN examples of the FRC (Sentinel-class),
page1-3600px-USCG_Sentinel_class_cutter_poster.pdf.jpg

Bangladesh Navy INSHORE PATROL VESSEL (IPV)
1523136_883275085066161_3326791414400204605_o.jpg

Bangladesh Navy FAST PATROL BOAT (FPB)
11182694_883275558399447_46190637737083558_o.jpg

LENGTH OVERALL : 43.40 M
LENGTH WATERLINE : 41.35M
LENGTH BETWEEN PERPENDICULAR : 40.90M
BREADTH MOULDED : 6.40M
DEPTH MOULDED : 3.60M
DISPLACEMENT (FULL LOAD) : 235 TONNES
MAXIMUM SPEED : 25 KNOTS
PROPULSION ENGINE :
BRAND : DEUTZ
CYCLE : 4 STROKE
NO. OF CYLINDERS : 16 & V-TYPE
POWER : 3000 HP
RPM : 1800 RPM

GEARBOX : ZF7600, RATIO : 2.565:1
GENERATING SET : CUMMINS CCFJ120J-KC.
ENDURANCE : 1500 NM

Both types use a rear RHIB launch/recovery ramp (except the Bangladesh versions) for investigating and neutralizing smaller naval targets used by say - insurgents or rogue elements. The GRC43m is ideal for launching recon UAV's like the Scan Eagle and if the reports are true then RECON-wise Pakistan has advanced a step ahead.

Last edited:
I have a question. as far as I noticed the armour of naval ships of indian navy and counter parts looks thicker. While PN's newest f22p is lightly armoured does that make a difference ?

can any one share Armour levels of these ships and others in inventory of both ?

In WW2 armour of ships had significant survival probability advantage.

I have a question. as far as I noticed the armour of naval ships of indian navy and counter parts looks thicker. While PN's newest f22p is lightly armoured does that make a difference ?

can any one share Armour levels of these ships and others in inventory of both ?

In WW2 armour of ships had significant survival probability advantage.

In modern time this play no more role, a hit form a anti ship missile means game over !

In modern time this play no more role, a hit form a anti ship missile means game over !

This is the USS Stark (FFG-31), a well-equipped guided missile frigate made with the finest sturdy shipbuilding plates and 'survivable' design, after getting hit by two rather antiquated Iraqi Exocet missiles in 1987. Newer missiles are far more accurate and jamming-proof. It came close to being sunk. 31 fatalities and twice as many wounded....

USS-Stark-after-Exocet-hit.jpg

uss_stark_ffg31_15.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
stark.jpg

Which Friendly Muslim countries operate the OHP. I think PN is still very interested in acquiring at least 5-7 of these OHPs and with electronic upgrades.

in case of lighter ships like f22p it is possible but heavy frigates its not easy. Even F22p will withstand first hit I believe. We need ships that are not easily sinkable even if hit by enemy missile.

This is the USS Stark (FFG-31), a well-equipped guided missile frigate made with the finest sturdy shipbuilding plates and 'survivable' design, after getting hit by two rather antiquated Iraqi Exocet missiles in 1987. Newer missiles are far more accurate and jamming-proof. It came close to being sunk. 31 fatalities and twice as many wounded....

USS-Stark-after-Exocet-hit.jpg

uss_stark_ffg31_15.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
stark.jpg

It didn't initiate defence responses, that is one reason why it got hit so bad (it was not expecting to be fired on by Iraqi jets in international waters). Fire resulting from a missile hit is the most dangerous to ship survival, less so the blast itself.

WHAT armor? You can't view modern ships' armor as it is inside the ship insofar as there is any armor, and it is mostly in the form of layers of kevlar. There is one important difference in this respect between naval combat ships and (coast guard) patrol boats: the latter sometimes udo not use the high tensile steel that high speed combat ships use and this milder steel actually has better properties as far as ballistics protection is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom