What's new

Pakistan Navy Frigates & Destroyers Information pool

Just released, possible improved F-22P frigate from one of the most reputable Chinese military magazine NAVAL&MERCHANTSHIPS. HD quality picture will be released soon.

What upgrade it offers to the current model of F-22Ps? Type 54-A looks much better with VLS and naval HQ9, does it has required air defense punch?

I don't think that would contribute to solving the PN's problem of block obsolescense: PN not only needs more hulls but also new(er) ones. Selling the Agosta's would be selling the crown jewels.

Exactly. But there is no actual design or project with Pakistan or China by that name.

But Pakistan needs to work with China on Submarines. But there is also rumours of PN getting OHPs....

If so, I would hope domestically built. F23 does not exist.
I don't think that would contribute to solving the PN's problem of block obsolescense: PN not only needs more hulls but also new(er) ones. Selling the Agosta's would be selling the crown jewels.

Exactly. But there is no actual design or project with Pakistan or China by that name.
Besides a funding problem, I'm sure the PN doesn't want to buy another 4 frigates that are identical to the F-22P in terms of capabilities. I am sure they're aware of the need to possess a more capable AAW capable system, even if limited to 4 new ships that would be a good jump. Adding another 4 F-22P or slightly improved F-22P might add new hulls, but it doesn't address overarching problems. I suspect Type-054A/B is out of the price range and that they may be banking on the Chinese to come up with a VLS SAM solution similar to CAMM.

Can Pakistan would plan to have a Submarine Fleet of:
07: 7000 Tons SSBN
11: 3500 Tons SSKs
11: 1750 Tons SSKs
21: 0875 Tons SSKs(Coastal)
11: 110-210 Tons Special Force Submarines(Carried by Tankers)
Rescue Submarines
Ocean Research Submarines

If Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan join in with Pakistan.

Also the Surface Fleet should be Like:
11: 7000 Tons Destroyers/Cruisers
11: 3500 Tons Frigates
11: 1750 Tons Corvettes
30: 0875 Tons FAC
11: 17000 Tons Tankers
Other Surface Fleet.

:pakistan:

Can Pakistan would plan to have a Submarine Fleet of:
07: 7000 Tons SSBN
11: 3500 Tons SSKs
11: 1750 Tons SSKs
21: 0875 Tons SSKs(Coastal)
11: 110-210 Tons Special Force Submarines(Carried by Tankers)
Rescue Submarines
Ocean Research Submarines

If Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan join in with Pakistan.

Also the Surface Fleet should be Like:
11: 7000 Tons Destroyers/Cruisers
11: 3500 Tons Frigates
11: 1750 Tons Corvettes
30: 0875 Tons FAC
11: 17000 Tons Tankers
Other Surface Fleet.

:pakistan:

am i reading this right?

you want pakistan to plan for a fleet of 11 SSBN? and 11 destroyers in the 7000 tons range?
and i dont recall Nepal or Bhutan needing a navy at all.

i dont think you have any idea what a force like what you just listed costs. to put it simply, not happening now nor in the medium to long term.

190053d6157ub1bbbn3zzi.jpg

Just released, possible improved F-22P frigate from one of the most reputable Chinese military magazine NAVAL&MERCHANTSHIPS. HD quality picture will be released soon.

As promised, new model picture of the "improved F-22P" frigate for export
161936zipje15hziqnr5dn.jpg

That better not be what PN's considering, there's still no VLS solution. I am fine with the hull, but they really need to figure out a short-to-medium range VLS-based SAM solution. Sure, importing a system from South Africa or France may be out of the question, but I'm sure China has the capacity to develop something comparable.

That better not be what PN's considering, there's still no VLS solution. I am fine with the hull, but they really need to figure out a short-to-medium range VLS-based SAM solution. Sure, importing a system from South Africa or France may be out of the question, but I'm sure China has the capacity to develop something comparable.
HD Picture as promised
121837enggyuu4syggdl4y.jpg

It is also my belief that this "improved F-22P" (aka C28A), is a general design intended toward global market, not specifically designed for the PN. Whether or not the PN would be interested in this ship is uncertain, and is totally dependent on whatever demands PN may require this vessel to perform.

That being said, it would not be too difficult to swap out the FM-80 for existing PLAN standardized VLS launchers to incorporate medium-range fleet air defense capability.

HD Picture as promised

It is also my belief that this "improved F-22P" (aka C28A), is a general design intended toward global market, not specifically designed for the PN. Whether or not the PN would be interested in this ship is uncertain, and is totally dependent on whatever demands PN may require this vessel to perform.

That being said, it would not be too difficult to swap out the FM-80 for existing PLAN standardized VLS launchers to incorporate medium-range fleet air defense capability.
Honestly I don't think it'd be long before China can offer a VLS-based short-to-medium range SAM solution for export, e.g. something similar to MBDA CAMM or Sea Ceptor. Sure, the target market for these frigates may be content with FM-80, but a CAMM-like solution could immensely boost the value proposition.

As for the PN, they mentioned expressing interest in "an improved version of F-22P" in 2011.

for God sake , please PN this time choose a ship with good Air defense :yes4:

Honestly I don't think it'd be long before China can offer a VLS-based short-to-medium range SAM solution for export, e.g. something similar to MBDA CAMM or Sea Ceptor. Sure, the target market for these frigates may be content with FM-80, but a CAMM-like solution could immensely boost the value proposition.

As for the PN, they mentioned expressing interest in "an improved version of F-22P" in 2011.

Bro - Are you a Pakistani ? :o:

A question, if you will : Is it possible and recommended to have coastal SAM units that can provide Air-Defense Coverage to our naval assets about 200-300 kms from the coast ?

Bro - Are you a Pakistani ? :o:

A question, if you will : Is it possible and recommended to have coastal SAM units that can provide Air-Defense Coverage to our naval assets about 200-300 kms from the coast ?

hahah that question I was also about to ask :D but to different person .. but potent AD Is must for PN now !! we acquire good Anti ship missiles , its now necessary to have Ad to protect our ships.. what do you think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom