What's new

Pakistan Navy demands increase in budget

What if PN Suffer huge loss and force to remain in its Harbour (Port of Karachi)..... and blockade is forced on Pakistan ... the PAF and PA will in some part of war will run out of the Resources like Petrol .... and then what will they do with their Air Supermacy ???

Gwadar + JF-17s armed with anti-ship missiles = ??

Pakistan Navy needs funds for additional F-22p frigates and new submarines. Lots of cash requirement.

Gwadar + JF-17s armed with anti-ship missiles = ??

Before i answer .... a question for you do you really think to Impose blockade a Navy need to come in range of Fighter Aircraft of Enemy Country ??? and The Air Defence of A Navy is too weak that it can't take hold of few JF-17 standing near by ports of Pakistan .... and Biggest difference your PAF biggest rival IAF is not too far from Karachi ..... Plus India have Mig-29 based carrier operating by the time we will be in war if any ..... hope For Peace .....

Pakistan Navy needs funds for additional F-22p frigates and new submarines. Lots of cash requirement.

The Mighty China Can Help with some more Funds and Aid ..... !!

What is so magical about Gwadar, please?

Location, for one.
Proximity to our oil supply route = Less area to safeguard even with limited (very limited imo) options.

Before i answer .... a question for you do you really think to Impose blockade a Navy need to come in range of Fighter Aircraft of Enemy Country ??? and The Air Defence of A Navy is too weak that it can't take hold of few JF-17 standing near by ports of Pakistan .... and Biggest difference your PAF biggest rival IAF is not too far from Karachi ..... Plus India have Mig-29 based carrier operating by the time we will be in war if any ..... hope For Peace .....
The Mighty China Can Help with some more Funds and Aid ..... !!

Ummmm ... :what:

Sir with Respect can they earn that much by selling Commercial boats with International Market a tough place for competition and all ready to many Big Business Houses having their strong hold over Commercial boat market .... it will not be a good Idea wasting the Resource of Nation in the Business with very High risk ..... Instead i agree until Pakistan Economy don't rise they (PA and PAF) can give a share of their Budget to PN ..... in such away that modernization of The PA and PAF is not affected
to much bigger strength ... Hard to decide but, possibility is their ...

they should put hands in less risky business i.e Pakistan Army can create cheaper cars and bikes and GOP can use them standard for Police and for Government……
i.e PAC is creating anderoids and e.books
its just not about profit they will also help in improving economic condition,generating more jobs,reserch and development in country and eventually more profit by exporting them after starting thm on large scale…

they should put hands in less risky business i.e Pakistan Army can create cheaper cars and bikes and GOP can use them standard for Police and for Government……
i.e PAC is creating anderoids and e.books
its just not about profit they will also help in improving economic condition,generating more jobs,reserch and development in country and eventually more profit by exporting them after starting thm on large scale…

But, the real question since remain.... will it generate enough profit for PN to develop a capable Naval fleet after all to make a thing you need to invest in it first ..... !! and For Investment you need money if you do small orders then you can't get enough revenue to meet the demands of PN ...... I guess china is the best one to help you get order ...!!

:offtopic:what i just found that china is the only country whose first letter of the name can be written in small word without getting redline :D :D

Pakistan would get better returns if majority of investment goes to Army and Air force. Indeed a clever strategy by Pakistan. From Pakistan stand point of view investment in Navy is waste of resources.

Location, for one.
Proximity to our oil supply route = Less area to safeguard even with limited (very limited imo) options.

Ummmm ... :what:

Gwadar is still not out of range; either of Surface Assets, Sub-Surface Assets or IN's Air Assets from stand-off ranges. It is just less vulnerable than Karachi/Port Qasim. Quite a bit less, that I'll say.

About the JF-17s, Silent Poison did say something about it.

They deserve it. Pakistan Navy got increased percentage in budget for 2012, keeping it equal to PAF (if I am not wrong).

no less than half of PAF

PAF 1.2billion USD for last year
PN just 556millions

Gwadar is still not out of range; either of Surface Assets, Sub-Surface Assets or IN's Air Assets from stand-off ranges. It is just less vulnerable than Karachi/Port Qasim. Quite a bit less, that I'll say.

About the JF-17s, Silent Poison did say something about it.

IN :
1. Granted that IN has numbers on its side, but blocking lanes to just Karachi is different from Karachi + Gwadar. It will have to extend itself further than last time it blocked a port.
2. China's interest in the port (commercial only, no military speculations here) makes a block further questionable for IN.

Now technically, it is still within IAF's range hence my insistence on prioritizing PAF's modernization programs. Same thing for the Thunders - need lots of them to make IAF think twice.

Pakistan needs strategic and well thought-out investments into our security, which is why I favour PAF's acquisition of better aircraft and subs for PN. Not the cheapest option, but it's in our better interests. atm the situation is more or less what you said, vulnerablility to IN and IAF.

But, the real question since remain.... will it generate enough profit for PN to develop a capable Naval fleet after all to make a thing you need to invest in it first ..... !! and For Investment you need money if you do small orders then you can't get enough revenue to meet the demands of PN ...... I guess china is the best one to help you get order ...!!

:offtopic:what i just found that china is the only country whose first letter of the name can be written in small word without getting redline :D :D

I didnot said they are going to earn equal to their budget and create an aircraft carries themselves but even a million $ is comming even yearly then something is comming and helping maybe little but helping :pop:
with economic development the budget of PN too will rise its for sure and value of Ruppees rise that will benifit PN………

Back
Top Bottom