What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

What's wrong with the P-3Cs they aren't that old. Why such a premature replacement?

Also, I never understood why the Lynx were retired so early.
I reckon it's more of because the next-gen LRMPAs will take a long time to induct (due to high cost, complexity, etc) that they're starting it this early. The modding process will take at least 3-5 years, and the PN would be lucky to get 1 new LRMPA a year on a consistent cadence. IMO, the P-3Cs aren't going anywhere for 10-15 years at least.

I think PN should look towards taking a stake in Z-20F and build up the ship-board fleet from there. China will invest in shipboard helis as this an area that they lag behind. Z-9 are light helos. When the type 54 comes in, Z-20F would be a good choice to go for.

I would say getting 4 Type 052Ds and some more frigates and corvettes than we can say its better than brown water navy
Not needed....
We only need 3-4 descent frigates large enough to give air cover to the entire fleet i.e type 054 P...
Submarine force should be the one to act as offensive platform and keep the adversaries at bay.

Not needed....
We only need 3-4 descent frigates large enough to give air cover to the entire fleet i.e type 054 P...
Submarine force should be the one to act as offensive platform and keep the adversaries at bay.
They only have SAM range of just 70km max

Lynx - operating cost and unavalibility of spares. also lack of local expertise to maintain them. UK was not playing very friendly.

@Rashid Mahmood Is the ideal person to comment on the pre-mature death of this platform.

I think PN should look towards taking a stake in Z-20F and build up the ship-board fleet from there. China will invest in shipboard helis as this an area that they lag behind. Z-9 are light helos. When the type 54 comes in, Z-20F would be a good choice to go for.

Here Is Our First Clear Look At China's Z-20F Seahawk Helicopter Clone (Updated)
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-at-chinas-z-20f-its-seahawk-helicopter-clone

They only have SAM range of just 70km max
Enough....
Save money, get a squadron or 2 for offence and Area Denial operations. We don't need to invest a lot on surface fleet, we can't match ship vs ship or even on quality basic so we have to choose wrt our strategy...

I am not suggesting to match. In front of 15 Indian destroyers, get atleast 4
Why???
Indian navy will have 2 AC Carriers and hence 2 Battle groups, so what's the plan?
Indian navy aspirations are different, why we need to match them?
Obviously it would have been great if we could order 052 class rather than 054 P but the P in 054 represents all what PN needed. It will be a modified version and will be able to bridge the gap.

Why???
Indian navy will have 2 AC Carriers and hence 2 Battle groups, so what's the plan?
Indian navy aspirations are different, why we need to match them?
Obviously it would have been great if we could order 052 class rather than 054 P but the P in 054 represents all what PN needed. It will be a modified version and will be able to bridge the gap.
Bcz of LRSAM. Its better to detect and destroy Supersonic Anti ship Missile from as far as possible. Also you don't want enemy MPAs closed to your surface fleets. Also your Long range Radars of destroyers can help guide your Long Range Anti Ship Missiles

Kindly your views requested whether PN should in the next step go for Typ 52 Destroyers along with HHQ9 and Z20 like heavy Heli or rely on lighter frigates.
Pakistan Navy will definitely move ahead to Destroyer size vessels once it will complete its contemporary fleet modernization process.

Provided that Economic Support is available, PN will transform into a conventional deterrent and will be able to counter entire Indian Navy of future in case of conflict. Alongside procurements of new platforms, a wide array of missile systems will continue to develop.

What we see now - the projects of OPVs, subs upgradation, scout drones, Type-54AP, MPAs, AEWCS are initial phase of PN Modernization program. (2018- 2022).

Next phase includes J-class, New helicopters, Midgets, F22P overhaul, New AIP Subs, Destroyers, LR-MPA, MALE UAVs. (2022-2028).

There are atleast two confidential projects underway which will also complete somewhere within this time frame.

Back
Top Bottom