What's new

Pakistan must provide support to its true allies in Afghanistan: Dr Latif Pedram and Tajiks.

Its Pakistan incompetence that they cannot find an ally other than the pashtun.

View attachment 919181View attachment 919182

Not sure how accurate this is but majority of Afghanistan is not Pashtun but due to Pakistan support for the Taliban, the Pashtun are dominating Afghan politics. Turkey a Pakistan friend has many allies in Afghanistan, why doesn't Pakistan make good relations with all ethnic groups and find a common goal rather then supporting Taliban and then Taliban supports TTP.

Pakistan leadership as usual doesn't have the backbone to make the right decisions for the state. They're too scared that the taliban will be upset but the Taliban has the backbone to not recognise the international border and on top support the TTP and anti Pakistan movements.
Not necessarily incompetence; Pakistan's own institutions were hijacked by Pashtun ethno-ultranationalists at one point or those who had sympathy for Afghanistan. (Although yes incompetence is a huge factor in everything to do with Pakistan)

So even when they could have easily found non-Pashtun allies and ended the fued easily, they were hellbent on supporting Pashtuns.

Honestly I wouldn't trust Pashtun handling Afghanistan-based policy. Simply their personal interests will come in the way of national interests and its not a risk worth taking.

Not necessarily incompetence; Pakistan's own institutions were hijacked by Pashtun ethno-ultranationalists at one point or those who had sympathy for Afghanistan. (Although yes incompetence is a huge factor in everything to do with Pakistan)

So even when they could have easily found non-Pashtun allies and ended the fued easily, they were hellbent on supporting Pashtuns.

Honestly I wouldn't trust Pashtun handling Afghanistan-based policy. Simply their personal interests will come in the way of national interests and its not a risk worth taking.

I wouldn't blame a certain ethnic group. I believe it started back in 1980s when the Pakistani state funded and trained a certain jihadi ideology, we are still influenced by the same ideology and our policy makers have a soft corner for them. So supporting anti Taliban groups is against their beliefs as they still consider them mujahdeens. A few of my relatives met ex army people in Islamabad and they said all ex officers were clean shaven and modern but were praising the Taliban groups as being mujahdeens etc.

We need to do a research on Pakistan ex army people links and close connections with a certain Islamic preaching movement, you will get your answer.

My point is the least Pakistani state can do is make amends with other Afghan ethnicities and try to atleast protect them and give them their rights, maybe then we will find natural allies. Turkey has many Turk allies in Afghanistan, why not use this to make contacts.

Same as Pashtuns in Afghanistan, all the nationalities in Pakistan, the Baloch, Pashtun, Mohajir and Sindhis don't want Punjabi control any more. However, Pashtuns have the biggest percentage in the army and bureaucracy after the Punjabis. Both get along well in service. With a migration from KPK to Punjab for economic reasons.

Same as Pashtuns in Afghanistan, all the nationalities in Pakistan, the Baloch, Pashtun, Mohajir and Sindhis don't want Punjabi control any more. However, Pashtuns have the biggest percentage in the army and bureaucracy after the Punjabis. Both get along well in service. With a migration from KPK to Punjab for economic reasons.
There's no Punjabi control especially not after the 18th amendment

And all your posts in this thread are spam and off-topic...

Dr Latif Pedram is an ethnic Tajik who is the leader of the National Congress party of Afghanistan and the former member of parliament from Badakhshan.

He has consistently expressed his views that he and the Tajiks of Afghanistan/Khorosan do not seek any animosity with Pakistan at all, and do not support the separatist goals and hatred of Pakistan and it's people, like the others in Afghanistan are hell-bent on.

Dr Latif Pedram exclaims that the paritionist goals of Pakistan are a zionist project and the Tajiks stand firmly against it.

He strongly advocates for national unity on the condition of equal share of power between all ethnic groups, and not only for some individuals/ethnicities.

We should stand firmly with such parties that seek to form a peaceful and co-operative government that is fair to all stakeholders and ethnicities, rather than Pashtun chauvinists and ultranationalists who do not mind seeing the region burn down for their own selfish goals.

Opinions on the above? It seems that soon the Taliban project will prove to be an incredible failure as the little pro-Pak sentiments die out or are forced out by the overwhelming organic hatred based in Afghan society and history. This makes the oppressed Tajik ethnicity a natural ally against a common enemy.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. A Tajik government which will naturally be more progressive will prevent the emboldened sentiment of Pashtun ethno-ultranationalists and chauvinists we are witnessing today.

@PanzerKiel @Signalian @Maula Jatt @Menace2Society @villageidiot @fitpOsitive @Sayfullah @Areesh @_NOBODY_ @SQ8 @M. Sarmad
Pakistan is run by duffers ..duffers have no Brain 🧠

You are right 18th amendment has changed a lot of things now.

I was just trying to widen the horizon from Mutalia Pakistan of 75 years to Indo-Pak History of 1400 years.

[
Mujahiddeen was necessary bec we all know Pak was next to be attacked by soviets, who had already started overt military ops inside FATA.

Whataboutery

US/Israel were sending massive help to Afg because Soviets were a threat. We don’t know if Soviets would’ve won. America didn’t win with latest technology. We don’t know if Soviets would’ve been hostile to us. We also could’ve helped without creating terrorists in our country.

Suppose Afg fell and Soviets attacked, Pak-China-US-India-Israel nexus would’ve been difficult to defeat.
Talibs were a failed experiment at getting a friendly govt in.

That was never the goal. The goal was create self destructing people who would blow themselves like a bomb on command. Talibans were a successful experiment by Pak-CIA, too successful and they went rogue. The training hijacked by rogue elements. Terrorists are trained from birth.

You'd rather Pakistan get steamrolled by the US for siding with the Talibs who sheltered OBL?

Whataboutery again

Besides we were sabotaging US. I remember it like yesterday, we were blowing US aid trucks/supplies, giving Intel to Afghanistan. We helped Afgh maybe by not physical fighters anymore but through every other means possible. We ficking sheltered OBL and our ex-PM calls him Shaheed.

I don’t see Pakistan getting steamrolled by US. On the contrary US would’ve been proper fcked like Societs if they tried anything against us, China has wet dreams of being superpower and Russia wouldn’t have given up on this golden opportunity.

[

Whataboutery

US/Israel were sending massive help to Afg because Soviets were a threat. We don’t know if Soviets would’ve won. America didn’t win with latest technology. We don’t know if Soviets would’ve been hostile to us. We also could’ve helped without creating terrorists in our country.

Suppose Afg fell and Soviets attacked, Pak-China-US-India-Israel nexus would’ve been difficult to defeat.

That was never the goal. The goal was create self destructing people who would blow themselves like a bomb on command. Talibans were a successful experiment by Pak-CIA, too successful and they went rogue. The training hijacked by rogue elements. Terrorists are trained from birth.

Whataboutery again

Besides we were sabotaging US. I remember it like yesterday, we were blowing US aid trucks/supplies, giving Intel to Afghanistan. We helped Afgh maybe by not physical fighters anymore but through every other means possible. We ficking sheltered OBL and our ex-PM calls him Shaheed.

I don’t see Pakistan getting steamrolled by US. On the contrary US would’ve been proper fcked like Societs if they tried anything against us, China has wet dreams of being superpower and Russia wouldn’t have given up on this golden opportunity.
Soviets were hostile to us.

@fisher1

India was a Soviet ally, and China was weak as ****.

Both US and Israel are halfway across the world.

You would have turned Pakistan into a war-zone and destroyed it...

Overall the intervention during Soviets was a good choice - but it was horribly executed

Why don't we think of becoming a Power ourselves after defeating two Superpowers by making regional agreements with neighboring Islamic Countries? That was the vision of both Bhutto and Zia for which both were killed.

Why don't we think of becoming a Power ourselves after defeating two Superpowers by making regional agreements with neighboring Islamic Countries? That was the vision of both Bhutto and Zia for which both were killed.
your mindset is stuck in 1940s. No one believes in this regional agreement islamic stuff unless you bring something credible to the table and share actual links like culture, history, etc.

dont fall into this trap of ummah chummah. the world doesn't operate like this

your mindset is stuck in 1940s. No one believes in this regional agreement islamic stuff unless you bring something credible to the table and share actual links like culture, history, etc.

dont fall into this trap of ummah chummah. the world doesn't operate like this
I mean the alternatives are pretty degrading like becoming a vassal state of China or India or being divided into parts. Atleast we have some chance by forming regional bloc. We are economically down and that is why IMF is twisting our arms at the behest of America. Today China has brokered agreement between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

I mean the alternatives are pretty degrading like becoming a vassal state of China or India or being divided into parts. Atleast we have some chance by forming regional bloc. We are economically down and that is why IMF is twisting our arms at the behest of America. Today China has brokered agreement between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Not possible as long as we have politicians whose sons, daughters, properties are held hostage in UK and US.

Unfortunately those are the exact people who keep coming to power and people keep voting so an Islamic bloc is a pipe dream.

And don’t listen to the idiot, your idea is actually great. Look at the GCC, look at Kafir Union in Europe/US etc and Kafirs are particularly known for their lack of unity but they still achieve it.

Back
Top Bottom