What's new

Pakistan Missile Technology

I always wonder, why pakistani missiles are bulky? compare to Indian or chinese or russian ballistic missiles, even their 5000 Km missiles are slim

I always wonder, why pakistani missiles are bulky? compare to Indian or chinese or russian ballistic missiles, even their 5000 Km missiles are slim

fat missiles are cheaper and cost effective...
better fuel...stronger but lighter special alloys or carbon fiber will reduce missile size but increase cost...
Money is something Pakistan doesn't have.....

fat missiles are cheaper and cost effective...
better fuel...stronger but lighter special alloys or carbon fiber will reduce missile size but increase cost...
Money is something Pakistan doesn't have.....

Impressive answer

Table 1. Pakistani missiles

Name…. Designation… Type… Propellant… Range (km)…Payload(kg)…Accuracy(m)…In service…date… No.

Nasr……..... Hatf-9…………. SS……….Solid………………. 60 . . . ………………………………………………….. (2014)……………
Ra’ad…...... Hatf-8…………. ALCM..Solid/turbojet…....350 . . . ………………………………………………. (2013)………………….
Babur…...... Hatf-7………… GLCM..Solid/turbojet….500–700…………. 300 . ………………………….... (2012) . ……………….
Shaheen II.. Hatf-6….. Two-stage Solid Initially. 2000-2500……..700–1000…. 350………....... (~2010) . ……………
Ghauri II..... Hatf-5…….. SinglestageLiquid……….. 1800……………… 700–1000….. 2500………..... 2003………. 25–50
Ghauri I[= Nodong/DPRK]..Hatf-5..Singlestage Liquid.. 1300….... 700–1000….. 2500………..... 2003……… 25–50
Shaheen I[= M-9/China]..Hatf-4 Singlestage Solid..700–750….....700–1000….. (200)(90 if terminal guidance)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........2003……… 50
Ghaznavi[= M-11/China]..Hatf-3 Singlestage Solid.. 350–400…....500–700…… (250)(50 if terminal guidance)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........2004……… 50
Abdali.. Hatf-2.. Singlestage Solid………………. 180……………………... 250–450……(150)(30 if terminal guidance)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........(2012) . .
Hatf-1A/1B……… Singlestage Solid………………. 100……………......... 500 . . ………………………………1995/2004..100
Hatf-1…………….. Singlestage Solid……………….. 80………………....... 500 . ……………………………… 1992……….. 100

= not available or not applicable; ( ) = uncertain figure.
a This missile may also be air and sea-launched.
b A longer range (4000–4500 km) Shaheen III may also be in development.
Sources: Official Pakistani data (various sources); Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), SIPRI Yearbook 2011:
Armaments, Disarmament and International Security (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2011); International Institute for Strategic
Studies (IISS), The Military Balance 2012 (IISS: London, 2012); Jane&#8217;s Strategic Weapons Systems, <http://jsws.janes.com/public/
jsws/index.shtml>; and &#8216;Pakistan&#8217;s nuclear forces, 2011&#8217;, Nuclear Notebook, Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, July/Aug. 2011.

Hi fellow Pakistanis

Happy Ramadan

Just wanted to confirm my info, I've got a question for you, if I may.

How many indigenous missile has Pakistan developed over the years?

Thanks
If by indigenous you refer to the process of developing the missile, the guidance and other associated systems.
Then.

The Shaheen series..

Babur, Ra'ad and one or two other systems.

Hi fellow Pakistanis

Happy Ramadan

Just wanted to confirm my info, I've got a question for you, if I may.

How many indigenous missile has Pakistan developed over the years?

Thanks

Will give you a good idea of what has been made local and what has been brought from abroad and how they were modified to make better missiles.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-missiles-indigenous-content-development.html

and add to these ballistics missiles the ALCM (Ra'ad) & CM (babur), plus the last of them all the Nasr missile.

Pakistani missile research and development program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If by indigenous you refer to the process of developing the missile, the guidance and other associated systems.
Then.

The Shaheen series..

Babur, Ra'ad and one or two other systems.

Thanks a bunch Oscar, happy Ramdan to you.

Will give you a good idea of what has been made local and what has been brought from abroad and how they were modified to make better missiles.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-missiles-indigenous-content-development.html

and add to these ballistics missiles the ALCM (Ra'ad) & CM (babur), plus the last of them all the Nasr missile.

Pakistani missile research and development program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Happy Ramadan to you as well. God bless :pakistan:

Will A.Q Khan be released soon to work freely at KRL and if yes then will he open new facilities like in KPK, Balochistan, Sindh and Gilgit Baldistan.

Back
Top Bottom