What's new

Pakistan Missile Technology

Kaiser said:
That is why if pakistan ever developes ICBMs (which is probaly has done already or is working on) then it will be kept a secret

China has only around 20 ICBM's, its very expensive and difficult to build. India is at least five years away from a "true" ICBM and Pakistan at least 8 years.

I dont think if they made it they would hide it, after all every ballistic missile is shown at every military parade there is.

I think Pakistan's approach is the right one, trying to put nuclear cruise missiles on submarines which will enable all the Eastern African continent (including Egypt) and the Indonesia and Australia's western coast to come within range. This is much cheaper than trying to quickly build ICBM and makes use of a cruise missile which is already developed (sunk cost) and the submarine can be bought from overseas.

No nation will help Pakistan build ICBM but are more than willing to sell subs which could be used to deliver cruise missiles.

For the same reason Pak. should acquire a single air refueling craft to enable Pak. nuclear capable F-16's to strike at very long distances.

sigatoka said:
China has only around 20 ICBM's, its very expensive and difficult to build. India is at least five years away from a "true" ICBM and Pakistan at least 8 years.
Quite true...otherwise a possibility:thumbsup:
sigatoka said:
I dont think if they made it they would hide it, after all every ballistic missile is shown at every military parade there is.
Not entirely necessary
sigatoka said:
No nation will help Pakistan build ICBM but are more than willing to sell subs which could be used to deliver cruise missiles.
China will, and infact is helping pakistan
sigatoka said:
For the same reason Pak. should acquire a single air refueling craft to enable Pak. nuclear capable F-16's to strike at very long distances.
We actually dont need long range missles or aircrafts as Pakistan is not an offensive country. What ever they are buliding is purely for their defence not to attack or threat any other country deliberately. Infact to realize other nations to stay away from Pakistan. Simple... , Dont ignore the politics as well.

For india its not different at all. Pakistan is just trying to maintain the military and power balance in the region. Otherwise the one nation can threat the other, because of this inbalance of military power.

You're above points are quite valid and may be the best way to have this long range facility. But again this is not entirely the purpose.

melb4aust said:
For india its not different at all. Pakistan is just trying to maintain the military and power balance in the region. Otherwise the one nation can threat the other, because of this inbalance of military power.

I would agree with you but the cost of nuclear weapons and f-16 is already sunk (that is it is already built) by purchasing a single air-refueling aircraft (cost couldnt be more than $80 milllion to purchase and reconfigure around ten F-16's).

With 80million Pakistan will have another delivery platform for its nukes. It will make Pak. weapons more credible.

As well the ability to stike Egypt, East Africa, Australia and Indonesia ensures that those Nations will always take into account Pak. interests more seriously.

Look at Iraq, without robust WMD capabilites, it was crushed like an ant. For robust WMD cap. nation needs robust delivery system across all platforms, ballistic, cruise, subs and aircraft.

Its pretty cheap too compared to pure conventional power projection. A single Aircraft Carrier will cost more than purchasing refueling aircraft or subs.

Pakistan will need to make a ICBM sooner or later. Subs are different they are to be made to carry BM with 4000-6000 km range not cruise missile with 1000-1500 km range.

Subs are slower ballistic missiles can be deliverd to the target within a matter of minutes after launch. Pakistan will have to make a ICBM to become a reconised nuclear power and major one.

So I think its better that Pakistan makes ICBM with some chinese help instead of purchasing boomers which instead we can purchase more SSK's which we are badly in need of.

Kaiser said:
So I think its better that Pakistan makes ICBM with some chinese help instead of purchasing boomers which instead we can purchase more SSK's which we are badly in need of.
Talkin about ICBM,s NK got the one that can reach US, can we get help with that from koreans ?

Most probraly but then again I doubt we will incase the sanctions

I would only take alittle chinese help

A.Rahman said:
Talkin about ICBM,s NK got the one that can reach US, can we get help with that from koreans ?
Im not sure if its a good idea to get involved with the North Koreans at this stage.
We don't want negative attention, NK is still regarded as a rogue regime together with Iran.

Instead we should pomp more funds into development programmes, we're not in a hurry. I'm sure the technology can be developped within 6-8 years withought foreign help.

Neo said:
Im not sure if its a good idea to get involved with the North Koreans at this stage.
We don't want negative attention, NK is still regarded as a rogue regime together with Iran.

Instead we should pomp more funds into development programmes, we're not in a hurry. I'm sure the technology can be developped within 6-8 years withought foreign help.

I saw in the news they are going to test a three stage missile capable of reaching West Coast of U.S., is this a haox?

sigatoka said:
I saw in the news they are going to test a three stage missile capable of reaching West Coast of U.S., is this a haox?
It could be a bluff, NK is known for it.
But its all over the media including Japanese and Korean websites.
NK's missiles are becoming better and more advanced, just two years ago a missile flew over Hokaido undetected and came far beyong Japan.
A three stage ballistic missile is the next logical step.

I dont think its a hoax the North Korean's are smart enough to make a weapon that can reach the US. Its there only possible deterance to stopping a confrotation with the US

I think the world is moving toward a new war let it be Iran or north korea there will be a war in the next 2-3 years

Kaiser said:
I think the world is moving toward a new war let it be Iran or north korea there will be a war in the next 2-3 years
Do you mean a WW-III?
I don't think so. There are certain area's around the globe wich will see conflicts but we're close to world peace now than ever before during the cold war.
American led war against terrorism will continue till the next government is installed in the USA, meaning that Iran and Syria will pose threat to be targeted next.
North Korea is a different story. It can harm South Korea and Japan if attacked. US will continue to pressurise NK and try to convince China to do the same but I don't think there will be a war.

I dont mean WW3 im talking about the future war the US and its allies will engage in for the so called war on terror meaning the future war against Iran, syria, and maybe north korea

Kaiser said:
I dont mean WW3 im talking about the future war the US and its allies will engage in for the so called war on terror meaning the future war against Iran, syria, and maybe north korea
Now China has come public with its disaproval of Iranian Nuclear Programme, Iran is more vulnerable than ever. Further sanctions or even military action is likely in the cards.

I doubt the iranians will give up there nuclear ambitions, most iranians are ultra nationalist. I havnt met 1 iranian that wasnt a ultra nationalist

The great persian empire and first super power is know bought to its knee's by various nations. What shame

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom