What's new

Pakistan may Purchase Chinese Surface-to-Air Missile System HQ-9

It is reportedly a better system than the S-300. Most probably has been in limited service with Pakistan.

Also, HQ-9 has little to do with India's S-400 acquisition. We have FM-90's for short rage, SPADA's for short to medium range and HQ-16's for medium range. HQ-9 will be the medium to long range system.
only 3 batteries of HQ 9 are not worthwhile..
We need 15 batteries along the eastern border i suppose....at least

I am dead sure something special is being done in recent visit of COAS to China.
One of these development could be HQ 9 SAM that have some ABM capabilities too.

Dont you think Q16 and FK 3 fulfill the same role regarding to range.
At the moment we are looking for two feature
1 long range and high altitude air defence.
2 ABM capabilities.

HQ 9 satisfies these requirements to some extent.

That completely missed my mind - FK-3 would be a good option too.

I am dead sure something special is being done in recent visit of COAS to China.
One of these development could be HQ 9 SAM that have some ABM capabilities too.

Dont you think Q16 and FK 3 fulfill the same role regarding to range.
At the moment we are looking for two feature
1 long range and high altitude air defence.
2 ABM capabilities.

HQ 9 satisfies these requirements to some extent.
FK-3 is a medium-to-long range system, but can reach 100km too.

How does compare HQ-9 with S-400 in Pak-India scenario. Why should we be content with S-300 variant while our arch rival has got a deal for S-400.

one thing is sure our brass is committed to alteast have deterrence n happily they are doing
HQ-9.its sure we will induct them in numbers.j-10 B/C will be in PAF before IAF have Raffles flying in their squadrons.

0,,19053102_403,00.jpg

These news of Pakistan trying to buy HQ-9 and 16 from Sinos have been there since quite a while..
Secondly PAF is a defensive airfirce i.e main role is to score kills and protect the airspace in case of Indian intrusion instead of initiating an air attack on India.
Therefore it is very unlikely that a S-400 will shoot the Pakistani birds but any platform like HQ-9 is bound to score a lot of kills in case of an Indian intrusion.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom