What's new

Pakistan may get F-16s by July: experts

P8 Poseidon is Indian main Naval warfare and reconnaissance. C-17 is Indian major Transport carrier. CJ-130 is used by Indian Special forces. Apaches are going to be front line Gunships. Chinook's are going to be Indian main mobility helis. Boing Tanker is going to be Indian main Refuellers. And the pride of India the Tejas are driven by GE engines. M-777's howitzer is going to be Indian frontline artillery. Should I again go on. Also where you get your scientist educated our's got education from Germany, UK and Netherland. Our nuke tech is from Netherland and home grown not US. Please clear your confusion.

Doctor,

They still are complimentary systems.

I am not confused---my uncle ( was married to my mother's younger sister ) was one of the pioneers of pakistani nuc program---. He got PhD in nuc physics in UK and job training in the U S---at one time israelis offered him a job in the late 60's to come work in israel. He was one of the original scientists who setup the nuc program long before Dr A Q Khan came into the picture. A couple of his colleagues from U S visited our house in the late 60's early 70's. And as I stayed with my uncle in my early college days---I met most of them at their houses---like Samar M was the next door neighbor---. At that time in early 70's---I cannot recall anyone of them being educated from netherland. It was either UK, Canada, U S, Germany but France I do not remember

Netherland was just one of the conduits that came into picture later on---.

You are a still a muslim nation and no chance of being converted to a christian nation---. If you have not living in the U S for years---you cannot comprehend about this RELIGIOUS war that the U S has waged all over the muslim world----you cannot understand the born again christian american mentality---you may be able to talk about it---but you have to live with them to see and understand the conviction of their beliefs.

The above was the Gist of my comments---about religion and nuc threats---that is what you need to focus on. You raised the nuc threat with your everday and every night slogans---every Jack sh-it yelled that slogan---and now as you have made the world hear that solgan and made them aware of it---they are just retaliating in the way they know the best---.

They give you the rope---which they know---that you will hang yourself with in due time.

There is not going to be any peace for you----. You will have to fight for it to earn peace---you will have to prepare for it to have peace---you will have to be strong to have peace----otherwise it is all TOPI DRAMA.

High Ranks in PAF know what they are doing, or maybe they dont ? Thats atleast 30+ years of service gone to waste in your vision.

Interestingly, i cant make up my mind if PAF needs a good mediator to negotiate F-16's with US for PAF or GOP needs a good mediator to get PAF away from F-16 once in for all.

Hi,

The proof is in the pudding---. They are absolutely pathetic and tactless----. Their job should only be to train and fight---. The deals should be made by civilians.

The guy cancels the deal for mirage 2000's over a paltry sum of around $200 million. Now look at it from a car salesman's perspective-----I say that---because to sell--- I have to make decisions on my feet---I have to think about the consequences at a lightening speed----what is it going to do to me---what is it going to do to the overall picture---.

The failure occured when the overall scenario was not taken into account---a salesman like me would have not looked at the dollar figure but at the UNIT FIGURE it would effect----ie---how many aircraft for $200 million---and that comes to roughly 4 aircraft---so---out of my 36 aircraft that I was to buy---I will lose 4 to bribes---.

Now tell me---would 32 aircraft do the job---I am pretty sure they would----. Again---you have another problem---high maintenance---take out another 4 aircraft---another $200 million---put it in fixed deposit for 20 years---the interest rates were high---.

So---tell me---would 28 aircraft could have done the job----. I am pretty sure they would have.

As I was here in the 80's---it was the same scenario with F16's that is going on now---. Well wishers told paf---not to buy any F16's---go for the M2K's---it was the same fcking excuse that the Paf had at time that many a people are giving now---" we will have to train for another aircraft " WTF.

When the sanctions hit---well wishers suggested to stop the future payments---and ask for the money back and create a lwasuit against the U S govt---for re-nigging on the contract.

These fools in the paf---did not believe anyone---but kept on making payments for the F16's. They could have stopped after they had made the first 50 million dollars payment. The deal was cancelled---why did they make the payments---.

Even at that time---the mirage F1 fighter was available---the last batch of the F1 fighters was as capable as our current JF17 is with basic avionics---so in the worst case---we could have had the JF17 capability with basic avionics in the 80's.

So---someone please tell me where the progress is in the paf---we are 10-15 years behind where we should have been.

That is why you need salesmen do the sales job and fighters need to train for battles.

Last edited:
Hi,

The proof is in the pudding---. They are absolutely pathetic and tactless----. Their job should only be to train and fight---. The deals should be made by civilians.

The guy cancels the deal for mirage 2000's over a paltry sum of around $200 million. Now look at it from a car salesman's perspective-----I say that---because to sell--- I have to make decisions on my feet---I have to think about the consequences at a lightening speed----what is it going to do to me---what is it going to do to the overall picture---.

The failure occured when the overall scenario was not taken into account---a salesman like me would have not looked at the dollar figure but at the UNIT FIGURE it would effect----ie---how many aircraft for $200 million---and that comes to roughly 4 aircraft---so---out of my 36 aircraft that I was to buy---I will lose 4 to bribes---.

Now tell me---would 32 aircraft do the job---I am pretty sure they would----. Again---you have another problem---high maintenance---take out another 4 aircraft---another $200 million---put it in fixed deposit for 20 years---the interest rates were high---.

So---tell me---would 28 aircraft could have done the job----. I am pretty sure they would have.

As I was here in the 80's---it was the same scenario with F16's that is going on now---. Well wishers told paf---not to buy any F16's---go for the M2K's---it was the same fcking excuse that the Paf had at time that many a people are giving now---" we will have to train for anpther aircraft " WTF.

When the sanctions hit---well wishers suggested to stop the future payments---and ask for the money back and create a lwasuit against the U S govt---for re-nigging on the contract.

These fools in the paf---did not believe anyone---but kept on making payments for the F16's. They could have stopped after they had made the first 50 million dollars payment. The deal was cancelled---why did they make the payments---.

Even at that time---the mirage F1 fighter was available---the last batch of the F1 fighters was as capable as our current JF17 is with basic avionics---so in the worst case---we could have had the JF17 capability with basic avionics in the 80's.

So---someone please tell me where the progress is in the paf---we are 10-15 years behind where we should have been.

That is why you need salesmen do the sales job and fighters need to train for battles.
Totally agreed. PAF has excellent, world class pilots and may be they are great at planning war time scenarios but frankly they are incompetent when it comes to strategically plan for future and select the right aircraft....they are like hardwired to bow to F-16 and USA and what is this idiotic argument they give...they are trained for F-16...Don't they had/have F-6,A-5s, F7, F7pgs, Mirages III/V with rose update and now JF17......and only 40 F16..what a lie they tell us they can't train for another platform...I would say that is totally unprofessional, you have to learn a new system and stay ahead of competition instead of sticking to 30 yrs old system that is prone to sanctions and embargoes. Totally disappointing performance there. They should only be allowed to train and plan for tactical battles while the war strategy and what needs to purchased to achieve the end should be decided from the above ...some committee under chairman joints chiefs of staff committee or something like that.

Sir,

Welcome to the board---. Seems like you are a bot out of touch---.

As of now---India does not own any major U S weapons---secondly----india is a hindu nation majority.

I think that you might have lost your directions---you as a pakistani do not have choice of living in peace or not living in peace----so---please if such is the illusion that you have---you are in for a surprise---.

Pakistan is the biggest baddest boy of the third world---and there is no chance for christians to convert it to a christian nation---.

You are lucky that the U S failed in Libya and Syria--otherwise your number was up last year.

So---please do get out of this dream world that you are going to live peacefully----. You will have to chose sides. There are no ifs and buts here.

As for isolation---you have already close to being isolated---when every Jamal---Rahman---and Abdullah---Sheeda---Tidda----Langra was threatening to use nucs all the time if threatened---.

The world and the powers to be have taken this threat seriously---. Now they are slowly but surely started to tighten up the noose---. So---pray hard and find a saviour.

Mastan Bey, thanks to the quantum rise of China, the world may be turning again into a multi polar one, which is good for all the parties involved including the USA. Competition with the USSR brought the best in the USA - peace corps, PL 480, Apollo mission etc. As for Pak, more room for breathing..

Mastan Bey, thanks to the quantum rise of China, the world may be turning again into a multi polar one, which is good for all the parties involved including the USA. Competition with the USSR brought the best in the USA - peace corps, PL 480, Apollo mission etc. As for Pak, more room for breathing..

Hi,

The problem here is that the paf has chosen failure over success. If it had picked up the right number of aircxraft in time----pakistan would not be in a tight spot.

It still has to stand on its own two feet before it can get help from china. And china in itself is still a few years away from taking a hard stand---.

Hi,

Sometimes people give too much credit to people with high ranks. Until and unless you don't talk to them---you would not know how ignorant they are.

As I have already stated---pAF has already sabotaged the defence of pakistan----. They have decided that they are not going to fight---that is why---they did not buy any air superiority aircraft in the last 25 years.

Again---their insistence on getting the F16---without getting another aircraft to compliment it---is again disasterous.

The reason they don't listen is that no one has held their feet to the fire on a live TV discussion. Unless the nation does not know----they will do what they have been doing.
I hate to say it but you are right PAF has gone totally on defensive mode. In future wars the further we fight enemy in its own territory the better it would be. PAF during Musharraf's era must have pressed for F-15s who knows uncle sam would have agreed. However I still believe its not too late we can negotiate with Russia and China and opt for Chinese Flankers in some decent numbers somewhere near 50-60 (3 squadrons)

The probability of Pakistan getting F-16's should improve considering the drone killing of Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour.
I doubt it would happen without help from the Pakistani side. If the deal goes through by July, I guess we will know.

Back
Top Bottom