What's new

Pakistan may get F-16s by July: experts

Indians are so short-sighted, let PAF have 200 F-16's, out which only 40-50 will be able to fly in any war due to embargos,sanctions, especially kill switches, by US.

I seriously doubt they are going to get delivered so soon.

Even if we get these Jets (eventually likely to happen) but strings will be attached. As long as they are Free for our services on WOT its OK but remember. We need to start looking other places for High tech defense equipment. Nonetheless we need some good foreign policy which is activate and constantly lobbying in USA.

Indians are so short-sighted, let PAF have 200 F-16's, out which only 40-50 will be able to fly in any war due to embargos,sanctions, especially kill switches, by US.
The fact is deep down even the Indians know that there's no such thing as ''kill switch''....as for the rest, the on going developments prove that now US realise that this is not the 90s any more.

ok again new episode of 40 years of old drama (mighty f-16 and needy poor ):lol:
F-16 drama surpasses Balaji's Dramas..:p:

The fact is deep down even the Indians know that there's no such thing as ''kill switch''....as for the rest, the on going developments prove that now US realise that this is not the 90s any more.
Yes, this is not 90's but PAF is the same..

Defence experts in the US capital believe that Pakistan may get the disputed F-16s by the end of July, despite a strong opposition from American lawmakers.

They might be referring to approval of funds for these F-16s and sanctioning of funds promised by USA. First Aluminium for these F-16s wud be cut only after that.

I'm sure i read that the original delivery schedule for these aircraft is for 2017-2018 period.
July seems unrealistic as the manufacturing for these hasn't even initiated.

I guess the final decision of F16 purchase from FMF will be done in favor of Pakistan by end of July. Then order will be placed, as we are working on 8+10 formula for Purchasing new Squadron of Blk52.
Obama administration need this time to convince the key members of Congress that this deal is in interests of United States.......

Could this be that the orders of Iraq or some older F-16 block 52's are heading to PAF if it is really July?

This might be interesting.

Habit
Jordan has a habit of purchasing used F-16s while at the same time selling aircraft of the same type. Pakistan received a batch of former RJAF F-16s, the first of which arrived in Pakistan in April 2014. In turn, disused Belgian and Dutch F-16s found their ways to Jordan before, some of which were used for Jordan’s contribution in the fight against so-called Islamic State in neighbouring Iraq and Syria.

It would be no surprise if Pakistan snatches up Jordan’s latest F-16 offer as well, although Islamabad also eyes a small batch of brand new and more advanced F-16C/D jets from Lockheed Martin.

The current Jordanian F-16 fleet is estimated to be around 64 aircraft-strong. The second batch of used Dutch aircraft should find its way to the Middle Eastern country soon. The aircraft are currently being prepared for transfer in the Netherlands.

http://airheadsfly.com/tag/f-16/

@Windjammer

Hello. . . I'm not as well versed as you and many other senior members here in field of military aviation but, I was wondering, why not use the FMF or our own funds -which we were and are ready to put forth for sell of 8 new built falcons- to upgrade our Block 40s to Block 50/52 standard? It won't just be cheap but, will also provide fleet standardization and thus, much more streamlined training, flight hours and logistics etc.

I think its a folly to gamble on with new F16s, specially when they surely can't be upgraded to "V" standard in coming future and USA's tilt towards India for its Asia pivot simply makes the prospect as bleak as it can get. It should be obvious as writing is on the wall honestly. We ought to seek out different venues for our defense needs. And if cooperation must be maintained then, let be on mutually agreeable articles like "targeting pods" which PAF is seeking for Thunders. Why not ask for such technology from United States? I'm sure there will far less friction on the matter as it confers to our COIN needs, lest Indian lobbying raise its ugly head or silly fears of us giving to China.

Your thoughts?

So after all this dramabaizi with US over F-16s, Pakistan will still go ahead with this deal. Wonder if the order for the next ten will require Pakistan to jump through the same hoops.

So after all this dramabaizi with US over F-16s, Pakistan will still go ahead with this deal. Wonder if the order for the next ten will require Pakistan to jump through the same hoops.

What hoops?

We sit back and the indians do their randi rona act, the Americans do their unming and ahhhing

We dont want to buy these aircraft, but low cost second hand or subsidised is too good a offer to deny

Lets us get in with our plans

I will say this again PAF should not be risk averse invest in JF-17 and J-10 by making it equal to or even better than other combat aircraft in service they have the engineers and now they have the money this is a challenge to show Pakistan and China can do!

Why did they invest in JF-17 if all they wanted F-16! what an insult to JF-17 Thunder it can't compete with an old design from the 1970s! SAD VERY SAD! and we make fun of IAF!

What hoops?

We sit back and the indians do their randi rona act, the Americans do their unming and ahhhing

We dont want to buy these aircraft, but low cost second hand or subsidised is too good a offer to deny

Lets us get in with our plans

Indians aren't the only one doing randi rona for these F-16s. :enjoy:

Every time i read about this news, make me more strong to make JF17 more advance and in few years JF17 will be one of best fighter in the world. In sha Allah

JF17 is next best thing to Pakistan after Nuclear bomb

Oh Obama, a good man but congress is not with him. He may be able to convince them.....after all it is the larger interest of USA. You should have plan B and C too. Do not put all the eggs in the same basket.

Every time i read about this news, make me more strong to make JF17 more advance and in few years JF17 will be one of best fighter in the world. In sha Allah

JF17 is next best thing to Pakistan after Nuclear bomb
You can make it but it will need time and determination.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom