What's new

Pakistan lowest ranked Asian team in FIFA rankings at 201, India ranked 101

Did you mean the bid itself will increase interest? That might be so. I am not too sure though.

But surely you aren't contemplating India getting to hold a world cup in the near future? We have no abilities to do so.

Hosting a World Cup is far less complicated than hosting the Olympics. After all, India has hosted the cricket World Cup without problem, so why not another one sport World Cup like soccer. India has the facilities. Yes, they need to be upgraded, but highly doable, in my opinion.

FIFA tried to increase the interest in the US, by hosting the World Cup there,
but while on the increase, you can't say it is booming.

Interest in US is growing slowly and steadily since the World Cup was played here in 1994. US team has consistently gained entry into the World Cup since then. US league, MLS, is also growing. Yes, it's still a 2nd-tier compared to powerhouses, but popularity is one the rise.

When Pakistan cricket team loses, Pakistan should focus on football, we have so much talent, :blah:

When Pakistan football ranks last in Asia, do we even have a football team!

Just admit it, you guys suck at sports, not because there is dearth of talent, but because of corruption, lack of organization and lack of funding.
Yeah we sucked at sports when we lifted the odi world cup or when we lifted the t20 worldcup or when we won the hockey world cup four times, more than any other nation or when we dominated world squash for decades with jehangir khan bieng the greatest player ever to grace the squash court, we dont suck at footbal we just dont care about it apart from a few mumi dadis in cities(very few) no one gives a flying phuck about footbal here, there is no infrastructure, no investment into the sport because its is not played at that level in pakistan with little to zero public interest, if we took footbal seriously or more people took interest in it here im sure we would be good at it..
LOL when the rank poorly in their national sport cricket why are you surprised they do so badly in soccer?
We are the most succesful team in world hockey, we have won the hockey world cup four times, more than any other team in the world, so suck it inferiority complex ridden indian..

Last edited:
Why India always set Pakistan as benchmark for sports comparison ? Comapre yourself even with iran, turkey ,egypt, Saudia arabia etc and you will see that still long way to go for others to remember one of world fastest growing economy India for football..you should be doing much better after introducing football league

Because they are still way behind in head to head matches in Cricket and Hockey against Pakistan (two of the most popular sports in the two countries)

There is nothing great in 101 ranking and comparing it with Pakistan is like rubbing salt onto the wound. Guys we were a finalist in 1960 Asian Games, and now we are not even qualifying for it. Hope the current Coach Constantine is given a long run. He is really good. We should get stabilised around 60's and stay there for long.
Our rankings used to Oscillate alot. Its time to qualify for Asian Games and atleast qualify for quarters. We need a 1983 moment for Indian Football. And ISL have helped it. I incidentally watched my first football match in ISL live in stadium. :D

This has got to do with poor infra and lack of physical strength I believe, no wonder Pakistan sucks in sports like football, athletics, wrestling etc. They started sucking in cricket too, I will be surprised if we can't beat them in the upcoming Champions trophy within 30 overs.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing or anything, I mean India sucks at sports too but doing far better compared to Pakistan. I am really shocked to see how the so called warrior people could do this bad in sports.

Hosting a World Cup is far less complicated than hosting the Olympics. After all, India has hosted the cricket World Cup without problem, so why not another one sport World Cup like soccer. India has the facilities. Yes, they need to be upgraded, but highly doable, in my opinion.

I am afraid that the upgradation that you are referring to is beyond us at the moment. Firstly, FIFA has very stringent requirements about everything from stadium facilities to number of hotel rooms and fan entertainment zones. We neither have the resources nor the expertise to do this. As far as stadia are concerned, the 2002 World Cup radically upped the ante and if you see those facilities then you will understand what I mean. As far as fan entertainment is concerned, the 2006 World Cup is the yardstick, and we are currently in the wake of a crazy period where the prospect of hundreds of thousands of foreigners drinking and partying in open areas is inconceivable in India.

Yes, South Africa did host it but then firstly they pulled out a the stops quite literally and then they also have a more tourist friendly culture. Plus the 2010 World Cup was not a great success organization-wise.

I am not trying to be abrasive or dismissive for the sake of it. We should have some perspective as to where we stand as far as our organizational abilities are concerned. The Football World Cup is the biggest event of its kind and we would only end up embarrassing ourselves.

Interest in US is growing slowly and steadily since the World Cup was played here in 1994. US team has consistently gained entry into the World Cup since then. US league, MLS, is also growing. Yes, it's still a 2nd-tier compared to powerhouses, but popularity is one the rise.

The US team's performance is awesome considering the degree of interest (or lack thereof) there is in the sport. Unfortunately it is still considered something for kids and girls, which explains why their women's team is absolutely the best in the world for quite a while now.

Do we even have a football team??

Asking about Men football team ? No.

But

pakistan-women-football-team.png

and here, She is Your Goal Keeper. :smitten:

syeda-3.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_women's_national_football_team

Last edited:
Should tell them if you win, you get to have a grill party.

Watch the rankings improve.

:lol: They'd go from 11th to 10th and still get smoked by the Swedes, Canadians or Finns in any competition. Somehow we're worse then Belarus:blink:. Better then Denmark though:haha:.

Nah, we prefer to put all our effort into skiing where we flat out dominate.

361455.jpg

Cross country, Biathlon, Alpine, Ski Jump... it matters little. This is our forte. We're surprisingly good at speed skating too. Something about lots of frozen water come Winter.

Shouldn't be too hard to understand why we're so good at Biathlon or Cross Country when our military literally trains to both ski and shoot, and even hosts biathlon competitions!

20170209tk_I2076.t58a2c799.m800.x38e53325.jpg

Alliert_Vinterkurs_30km_Foto-Jan_Egil_Kvam-7836.t5108e118.m800.x2dc01ea0.jpg

Both the Men and Women's National Teams used to train with the Military using the AG3 rifle, which is heavier then the competition small-bore rifles used at the Olympics and other international competitions.

arkiv_fms2003_52_document.t44feaa36.m1600.x3cb2a76d.jpg

arkiv_fms20004_1476_document.jpg

They still train with the Military, but have more modern equipment these days.

20161209AA_Fagkonferansen_33.t584c36d1.m800.xe06cdc5d.jpg

Our best Summer sports? Sailing and shooting. Go figure.

Last edited:
National sport of Pakistan is hockey not cricket
Sport is not our priority any way. But why world super power India is lacking behind in sports compare to others major ecoconomies when they can afford to build sport infrastructure and have resources for training and nourishing sport talent

Is this true that most football player of Indian men and women national teams are from north-east of India?

Sport is not our priority too. We have achieved whatever meagre achievements , despite govt. apathy, purely because of individual talents and hardwork.
Fotball is popular in N.E and also it provides largest numbers of players playing for various team at iLeague (top national league).There is good number of players in both men and women team but not most. iLeague teams from N.E have good fan support and all matches are always sold out. Unlike in metros where there are good european club fans but those people would never attend local matches, folks here in N.E are very emotional about their local teams.

Here, some videos of passionate Aizawl-FC team

Sport is not our priority too. We have achieved whatever meagre achievements , despite govt. apathy, purely because of individual talents and hardwork.
Fotball is popular in N.E and also it provides largest numbers of players playing for various team at iLeague (top national league).There is good number of players in both men and women team but not most. iLeague teams from N.E have good fan support and all matches are always sold out. Unlike in metros where there are good european club fans but those people would never attend local matches, folks here in N.E are very emotional about their local teams.

Here, some videos of passionate Aizawl-FC team

North east is giving you football and boxing
Rest of india is crazy about cricket

Back
Top Bottom