What's new

Pakistan lowest ranked Asian team in FIFA rankings at 201, India ranked 101

India is hosting Under 17 FIFA world cup later this year, some good signs for football in India in future.

True, it is boring. That's why fans drink lots of alcohol when watching.
To be honest I dont like any of American sports. Their baseball, football (hand egg) and the only saving grace IMO is basketball - Well its fun to play at least.

Thought only 1 country played baseball.

Google 'pakistan' and 'baseball'. You will find some interesting articles regarding Pakistan baseball team visit to New York City

Why India always set Pakistan as benchmark for sports comparison ? Comapre yourself even with iran, turkey ,egypt, Saudia arabia etc and you will see that still long way to go for others to remember one of world fastest growing economy India for football..you should be doing much better after introducing football league

Not many countries care about baseball if you exclude US, Canada and Japan.
Not many countries care about cricket as well

Off topic but are those guys really nude in your DP? wth?

These are monks of the Jain religion. There are two sects in Jainism. Shwetambara Jains in which the monks wear white and Digambara Jains whose monks are nude - the sky is their clothing.

India should submit a bid to host the next World Cup. It will increase interest in the sport.

Reason is simple, Government and media pay literally no attention to football. 90% of us don't even know if a Pakistani football team exist. Even then, most of the players we have were chosen because they were the relatives of influential people.

We need a way of tapping the massive 'street talent' we have. As someone who played in county league in the US, I would easily say - the 'street children' I saw playing would put the league players here (in the US) to shame, that's how much talented I think they are.

LOL when the rank poorly in their national sport cricket why are you surprised they do so badly in soccer?

Nothing to feel great about it for Indian people here..I would have appriciated if the author has emphasised on India moved up with the ranking that comparing Inida's increase in ranking with Pakistan...

Do we really need to feel good with this kind of jignostic journalism where India is not doing well but we take an excuse to feel good with an comparison to Pakistan...???

When Pakistan cricket team loses, Pakistan should focus on football, we have so much talent, :blah:

When Pakistan football ranks last in Asia, do we even have a football team!

Just admit it, you guys suck at sports, not because there is dearth of talent, but because of corruption, lack of organization and lack of funding.

Its embarrassing but true

LOL when the rank poorly in their national sport cricket why are you surprised they do so badly in soccer?
National sport of Pakistan is hockey not cricket
Sport is not our priority any way. But why world super power India is lacking behind in sports compare to others major ecoconomies when they can afford to build sport infrastructure and have resources for training and nourishing sport talent

Nothing to feel great about it for Indian people here..I would have appriciated if the author has emphasised on India moved up with the ranking that comparing Inida's increase in ranking with Pakistan...

Do we really need to feel good with this kind of jignostic journalism where India is not doing well but we take an excuse to feel good with an comparison to Pakistan...???
Is this true that most football player of Indian men and women national teams are from north-east of India?

India should submit a bid to host the next World Cup. It will increase interest in the sport.

Did you mean the bid itself will increase interest? That might be so. I am not too sure though.

But surely you aren't contemplating India getting to hold a world cup in the near future? We have no abilities to do so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom