What's new

Pakistan looking at Hot Pursuit options in wake of Peshawar attacks

If Afghanistan disagrees we can do the following
1) fence Pakistan Afghan border.
2) stop Afghan transit trade
3) block nato shipments to Afghanistan
4) surgical strike on accurate intelligence using drone
5) stop indian overflights to Afghanistan and any transit trade going on

Bear in mind hot pursuit will give indians an opportunity to do openly wht it has been doing covertly in collaboration with Afghan as they already have sizeable clout there in addition to heating up of LOC. And americans will be silent spectators enjoying every bit of the situation. Therefore option of hot pursuit as a last resort should be exercised keeping all variables into account

ok if we say including LeT would you agree to say also BLA?
Why not. I dont believe in terror tactics. I am with you on this provided you do it with clear heart.

Sir, you are an expert in counter terrorism so I believe you must be aware in International arena, names do matter and so are the wording. There are many co-citizens of yours who are straight away posting that they are only against taliban and will not support any action against LET or any other asset which are created to be used against India. Will you point them your post and take a stand that they are wrong?

But on ground, just by your saying will not matter, as I am not aware how much influence you have on your society or to your government. On Ground, Hafeez said today on TV right in the middle of most happening city of Pakistan that he will avenge the Peshawar attach with India. Do you support him? Will you ask your government to arrest him as he is an international terrorist?

How about a hot pursuit right in the middle of Islamabad on the Red mosque???
Yeah do that than think about going into Afghanistan!

So when is Pakistan handing over Haqqani brothers to Afghanistan..just as they are demanding Fazlullah.

and what about scores of Punjabi terrorist groups operating from Pakistan?
Trust me that they will not walk the talk, this is not the first time they will do so.

Both the phrases 'Hot pursuit' and 'Surgical Strikes' though not coined, but were popularized by India, however, it would be Pakistan that will put them to practical use!

The moment Pakistan puts them into 'practical use', it will have opened up a can of worms Pakistan will come to regret. It will set a very dangerous precedence for Pakistan.

As far as India is concerned, There is no way we are going to stop you from committing your "hot pursuit', for the next time a terror attack targets India from Pak, we will have your example to follow.

You're already reeling from the last precedence you set with limited war under a nuclear overhang, I'd suggest a deep debate before setting the next.

Why only TTP?

Why not get rid of all terrorists, once and for all?

because others are affiliated with ISI for covert foreign policy.

Please tell me frankly if the Pakistan Establishment will deal with India specific terror groups which have been raised funded and trained by it like the LeT and JeM, for the proxy war against India?

Simple answer: NO. These are their 'strategic assets' and will never be touched even with a barge pole. But Pakistan should be aware that it won't be long before they turn on their masters and start creating mayhem within Pakistan itself as is happening. There are a number of off-shoots of these organizations that have morphed into radical terror groups which are not under the control of the Establishment and now challenging the writ of the state.

You still believe in the strategy of protecting and encouraging the 'good' terrorists like the LeT and JeM but train your guns only against the 'bad' terrorists. Check this out........

Adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz on Monday said during an interview with BBC Urdu, that Pakistan should not target militants who do not threaten the country’s security.

And that's why terrorism will unfortunately continue with impunity because of this selective approach.

As Clinton said recently,
"It's like that old story - you can't keep snakes in your backyard and expect them only to bite your neighbours. Eventually those snakes are going to turn on whoever has them in the backyard."
So, the whole drama starts again.

So when is Pakistan handing over Haqqani brothers to Afghanistan..just as they are demanding Fazlullah.

and what about scores of Punjabi terrorist groups operating from Pakistan?

At this time, its our demands and the way army chief went and put his demands forward, its our demands and our demands only.

You are complicit in this terror. There is evidence that has been shared before and today as well.

This is what we wanted. Take action. We have been giving diplomacy too much a chance, now its time to act.

The moment Pakistan puts them into 'practical use', it will have opened up a can of worms Pakistan will come to regret. It will set a very dangerous precedence for Pakistan.

As far as India is concerned, There is no way we are going to stop you from committing your "hot pursuit', for the next time a terror attack targets India from Pak, we will have your example to follow.

You're already reeling from the last precedence you set with limited war under a nuclear overhang, I'd suggest a deep debate before setting the next.
As your gibberish doesnt merit a formal reply, i will just copy.paste what i had already said. This time, try focusing on the bold words:

"Both the phrases 'Hot pursuit' and 'Surgical Strikes' though not coined, but were popularized by India, however, it would be Pakistan that will put them to practical use!"

So, the bottom line is, if you had the balls, you would already have done it

As your gibberish doesnt merit a formal reply, i will just copy.paste what i had already said. This time, try focusing on the bold words:

"Both the phrases 'Hot pursuit' and 'Surgical Strikes' though not coined, but were popularized by India, however, it would be Pakistan that will put them to practical use!"

by the way
we already conducted one strike in Afghanistan during the Karzai regime. so we proved our balls. :)

the SSG person has mentioned that in the interview

The moment Pakistan puts them into 'practical use', it will have opened up a can of worms Pakistan will come to regret. It will set a very dangerous precedence for Pakistan..

Correct. Hot Pursuits should not an option for any state--at least no in the region surrounding Pakistan.

If Afghanistan disagrees we can do the following
1) fence Pakistan Afghan border.

Pakistan has planned number of time to fence Pakistan Afghanistan Border, but it has seen that Pakistan don't have enough logistics to cover that 900 KM long boarder. But yes, this one the best solution to play with these dogs.

by the way
we already conducted one strike in Afghanistan during the Karzai regime. so we proved our balls. :)

the SSG person has mentioned that in the interview
What i want to ask Indians here is why are they pained if we go for the hot pursuit option? Perhaps they are afraid that their investment there in Afg might get blown the f*** out too?

Perhaps it's gibberish, perhaps its not, you're the Think Tank, not me.

It doesn't matter who popularized it, the law of precedence is based on who did it.

But beside that, balls is itself subjective to long term strategic aims, not a flush of adrenaline pumped idiocy. We chose not to do it, because our long term aims required us to not do it, and it's worked out reasonably well for us. But who knows, Pakistan might just help us change the values of the variables controlling our decision.

Next time it would be better to look, and read, before Think Tanking something.

Both the phrases 'Hot pursuit' and 'Surgical Strikes' though not coined, but were popularized by India, however, it would be Pakistan that will put them to practical use!

they will not happen until the consent of NATO, and i think COAS is there just for that........

Back
Top Bottom