What's new

Pakistan looking at Hot Pursuit options in wake of Peshawar attacks

Perhaps you should make your point, so that I can counter it.
I was pointing towards OP ZeA,targeting of haqqanis,report by ISAF Comd Afghanistan,warming of relations woh new Afghan govt and so on. Now if you would excuse this topic and discus the one on hand.
Thanks.

NO difference shall be kept or observed. Whoever is challenging the rit of government and is part of a terrorist outfit must be dealt in a similar way.
Please tell me frankly if the Pakistan Establishment will deal with India specific terror groups which have been raised funded and trained by it like the LeT and JeM, for the proxy war against India?

Simple answer: NO. These are their 'strategic assets' and will never be touched even with a barge pole. But Pakistan should be aware that it won't be long before they turn on their masters and start creating mayhem within Pakistan itself as is happening. There are a number of off-shoots of these organizations that have morphed into radical terror groups which are not under the control of the Establishment and now challenging the writ of the state.

You still believe in the strategy of protecting and encouraging the 'good' terrorists like the LeT and JeM but train your guns only against the 'bad' terrorists. Check this out........

Adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz on Monday said during an interview with BBC Urdu, that Pakistan should not target militants who do not threaten the country’s security.

And that's why terrorism will unfortunately continue with impunity because of this selective approach.

As Clinton said recently,
"It's like that old story - you can't keep snakes in your backyard and expect them only to bite your neighbours. Eventually those snakes are going to turn on whoever has them in the backyard."

I was pointing towards OP ZeA,targeting of haqqanis,report by ISAF Comd Afghanistan,warming of relations woh new Afghan govt and so on. Now if you would excuse this topic and discus the one on hand.
Thanks.

Now who is ignorant fool here.

Before even the first air strikes were launched on miranshah, all top commanders of haqqanis were evacuated to an IDP camp near kunar province..
Can you name even a single Afghan Taliban commander who has been killed or captured in the present operations..despite the general consensus being they are all operating from Pakistan.

This issue can not be excused for it is Quid pro quo to your present demands from Afghanistan

You want Fazlullah and TTP leadership from Afghanistan..fine ..but go ahead give then Mullha Omar and Haqqanis?

No. 'Hot pursuits' are never good. Not even now should Pakistan cross international border. I'd say do clandestine operations, work with NATO/Ghani govt, offer economic incentives etc. I think the Ghani govt is a far better partner than Karzai was and Pakistan should work with Ghani.

Now who is ignorant fool here.
Before even the first air strikes were launched on miranshah, all top commanders of haqqanis were evacuated to an IDP camp near kunar province..
Can you name even a single Afghan Taliban commander who has been killed or captured in the present operations..despite the general consensus being they are all operating from Pakistan.

This issue can not be excused for it is Quid pro quo to your present demands from Afghanistan

You want Fazlullah and TTP leadership from Afghanistan..fine ..but go ahead give then Mullha Omar and Haqqanis?
first of all why are you getting hyper and using offensive language? Show some manners.
* This thread isn't about haqqanis.
* I believe mullah baradar and several others were captured by Pakistan.
* Pakistan has targeted Haqqani stronghold and decimated it,praised by both Afghan govt aswell as ISAF Comd (Afghanistan).
* We are doing the best we could and new Afghan govt seems cooperative also.

Last but not the least, Breaking news: COAS & DGISI just returned from Kabul and the Afghan govt has assured help and the latest statement by ISPR : Terrorists will be hunted and killed wherever they go/hide.

If the current ghani regime will not help us or support us then we will have no choice but to do the hot pursuit option because this event has been such a horror event that we cannot sit down and start thinking about borders. If we are to eliminate the TTP threat then we must follow them towards their hideouts in afghanistan and eliminate them there. We cannot CANNOT let this one slide.

even if the afghanistan govt shows support we must follow them across the border. how strong is the current regime of afghanistan? its nothing outside kabul. When they attack our future mercilessly, then we must look at extreme extreme options.

'Hot Pursuit' requires Intel. If Intel is there, then Pakistan don't even need to use 'Hot Pursuit', their Intelligence is enough to do operation inside Afghanistan.

Without moving forward from boarder, F16 can't do much. And with such threats, will those rats will stay in kunar, where PA want to take action?

Pretty tricky situation, But yes, if this happens, Pakistan can test their new weapons on these bugs.

Please tell me frankly if the Pakistan Establishment will deal with India specific terror groups which have been raised funded and trained by it like the LeT and JeM, for the proxy war against India?

Simple answer: NO. These are their 'strategic assets' and will never be touched even with a barge pole. But Pakistan should be aware that it won't be long before they turn on their masters and start creating mayhem within Pakistan itself as is happening. There are a number of off-shoots of these organizations that have morphed into radical terror groups which are not under the control of the Establishment and now challenging the writ of the state.

You still believe in the strategy of protecting and encouraging the 'good' terrorists like the LeT and JeM but train your guns only against the 'bad' terrorists. Check this out........

Adviser to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz on Monday said during an interview with BBC Urdu, that Pakistan should not target militants who do not threaten the country’s security.

And that's why terrorism will unfortunately continue with impunity because of this selective approach.

As Clinton said recently,
"It's like that old story - you can't keep snakes in your backyard and expect them only to bite your neighbours. Eventually those snakes are going to turn on whoever has them in the backyard."
So when is Pakistan handing over Haqqani brothers to Afghanistan..just as they are demanding Fazlullah.

and what about scores of Punjabi terrorist groups operating from Pakistan?

And this is what angers me most about the entire situation. There are STILL people in Paksitani establishment who are unable to see that ALL terrorists are subhuman creatures that need to be exterminated.

Drawing a distinction between the "bad" terrorists and "useful" terrorists immediately makes me lose sympathy for the Pakistani state (not the people) and makes my blood boil.

I see the Pakistani establishment (rightly) angered at the events of yesterday and demanding vengeance/justice but I find it quite disturbing that Pakistanis seem to feel that only Pakistanis deserve vengeance/justice for terror attacks committed against them. Are Indians not humans too?

I see the Pakistani establishment (rightly) angered at the events of yesterday and demanding vengeance/justice but I find it quite disturbing that Pakistanis seem to feel that only Pakistanis deserve vengeance/justice for terror attacks committed against them. Are Indians not humans too?
Nope! They consider us infidels who need to be put to the sword! :coffee:

If the current ghani regime will not help us or support us then we will have no choice but to do the hot pursuit option because this event has been such a horror event that we cannot sit down and start thinking about borders. If we are to eliminate the TTP threat then we must follow them towards their hideouts in afghanistan and eliminate them there. We cannot CANNOT let this one slide.

even if the afghanistan govt shows support we must follow them across the border. how strong is the current regime of afghanistan? its nothing outside kabul. When they attack our future mercilessly, then we must look at extreme extreme options.

Its not a question of helping. They are not capable of securing their country.

We must secure Kunar and Nooristan for them. Leave the rest of the mess to them and they can do what they want with it.

Why only TTP?

Why not get rid of all terrorists, once and for all?
dont get overworked by names

ok if we say including LeT would you agree to say also BLA?

when our operation was started then we repeatedly said over and over again that it was against all terrorists. and the results were acknowledged by Americans and Afghans. but if that's not good enough then it never will be

Question is about all terrorist, not just Talibans.
again my dear I repeat, he is saying for the sake of names that are put up by critics whenever they question our operations.
fill in the blanks for your own pleasure.

even if we mention 50+ organisations for being PC to appease everyone then there is still a chance that few names will be missed.

the mention of good and bad was for the benefit of those who coined this term on Pakistani efforts

Back
Top Bottom