What's new

Pakistan jets pound Mohmand, kill 25 militants

hembo

Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan soldiers die in Taliban clash: officials
(AFP) – 2 hours ago

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Three Pakistani soldiers were killed and at least 13 wounded when dozens of Taliban stormed a check post in a tribal town near the Afghan border, officials said Sunday.

The pre-dawn attack was mounted in Baizai village of Mohmand district facing the eastern Afghan province of Kunar, local administration chief Maqsood Hussain told AFP.

"The militants, believed to be more than 50 and armed with light and heavy weapons, launched an attack on Walidad Kor post, triggering a gunfight that lasted about an hour," he said.

Three soldiers of the paramilitary Frontier Corps were killed and at least 13 wounded, he said adding that four militants were killed and an unspecified number wounded.

A military official confirmed the clash and the casualties. The post is about eight kilometres (five miles) from the border.

Mohmand is one of seven districts in Pakistan's semi-autonomous tribal belt where Taliban and Al-Qaeda-linked militants frequently launch attacks targeting police, government and security officials.

Washington has called the tribal zone the most dangerous place on Earth and the global headquarters of Al-Qaeda, where Taliban and other Al-Qaeda-linked networks have carved out strongholds.

Since US Navy SEALs killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan last month, American officials have been increasing pressure on Islamabad to launch an offensive in the North Waziristan district to destroy militant sanctuaries.

With US in 'peace talks' with the Taliban, is it any wonder that these attacks across the border from Afghanistan are on the rise ?

Just like that moron from CENTCOM , shows up here to patronize how 'we' are in this fight togther and 'we' have to fight a common 'enemy' , they are telling the afghans the same thing and paying them to do more attacks in Pakistan.

Also the UN had made its own list of 'good taliban , bad taliban'

Pakistan jets kill 25 militants

skynews_627580.jpg

Pakistani war planes pounded a militant stronghold in a tribal district on the Afghan border in an operation that left 25 insurgents dead, the military said on Sunday.

Pakistan army, paramilitary troops and the air force launched a joint operation to 'evict terrorists' stronghold of Walidad' in the northwest district of Mohmand on Saturday, it said.

'Ground operation was preceded with precise strikes by Pakistan Air Force aircraft on terrorists' bunkers and positions,' it said.

'After an intensive fight, troops were able to secure Walidad Top and surrounding areas of the mountain and managed to kill 25 terrorists, while remaining fled across the border.'

Four soldiers were killed and eight wounded.

The pre-dawn attack was mounted in Baizai village in Walidad.

'The militants, believed to be more than 50 and armed with light and heavy weapons, launched an attack on Walidad Kor post, triggering a gunfight that lasted about an hour,' he said.

The military statement said 'troops are consolidating their positions in the area and search operation for remnants is in progress'.

More attacks frm afghan side........... Awesome coordination by army-FC-PAF!

Next time they should pound the afghan side where these insects come frm.

is this really an afghan side??, i mean the targetted area not considered in pakistan??

mohmand agency is not in pakistan??, are the sources fooling pakistanis???

why waste our resources in afghanistan where americans and nato are responsible, i mean is this not funny, nato bombed us, but the real action which fell to their responsibility they didnt do

and if its inside pakistan, who the fucckkk gave them permission to bomb, i mean is parliment really that useful, is our military becoming so untouched by law, these rubbish shitts??? again coming down to american pressure?? this is abs pathetic beyong recognition

is this really an afghan side??, i mean the targetted area not considered in pakistan??

why waste our resources in afghanistan where americans and nato are responsible, i mean is this not funny, nato bombed us, but the real action which fell to their responsibility they didnt do

and if its inside pakistan, who the fucckkk gave them permission to bomb, i mean is parliment really that useful, is our military becoming so untouched by law, these rubbish shitts???

Why are you so confused about where the strike occurred? Everything is given with clean and clear data, what are you on about?

and if its inside pakistan, who the fucckkk gave them permission to bomb, i mean is parliment really that useful, is our military becoming so untouched by law, these rubbish shitts??? again coming down to american pressure?? this is abs pathetic beyong recognition

Kid, can u read if u cant.thn go to a school get a bloody education n thn come and post.

there is no district called mohmand in afghanistan, there is a place called mohmand in pakistan,

mohmand tribe lives in afghanistan called kunar province and it has no disrict called mohmand there

i dont know why they bombed a nato controlled area, which was to be handled by them??

so i dunno if the news is 100% correct, i think the plane has bombed the same place they were conducting previous year

Where in the news article do they say it's Mohmand District?

The sentence reads... "Pakistan army, paramilitary troops and the air force launched a joint operation to 'evict terrorists' stronghold of Walidad' in the northwest district of Mohmand on Saturday, it said."

It means a district of Mohmand agency, which is Baizai, and not some Mohmand district itself.

Where in the news article do they say it's Mohmand District?

The sentence reads... "Pakistan army, paramilitary troops and the air force launched a joint operation to 'evict terrorists' stronghold of Walidad' in the northwest district of Mohmand on Saturday, it said."

It means a district of Mohmand agency, which is Walidad, and not some Mohmand district itself.

come on yaar, walidad is some militant guy..

R.I.P., our soldiers are paying the price of mistakes that our corrupt politicians made.

Rest In Peace to soilders.:smitten::pakistan:
Rot In Hell to terrorists.:sniper::guns::tdown:

But i don't understand one thing, were these soilders sleeping. They should've beat the hell outta these a$$hole$.

I suspect the P.A. doesn't care much about the FC boys and simply considers them as something less than cannon fodder. When was the last time the FC was able to call for air or ground support from P.A. units? Or that, arriving too late, the P.A. followed up with an investigation and punitive expedition? Hasn't happened, has it?

Already posted in the appropriate thread. Also, The news is of June 18, which means its two days old.

Back
Top Bottom