What's new

‘Pakistan is for Islam’

Then what is Saudi Arabia.

A country in the middle east.

Nope wasn't referring to the Taliban ! Have you ever seen lectures delivered by Zakir Naik and fellows like him ? How thousands if not well above a hundred thousand people flock there to listen to them ! And not once or twice but many times over ! Then there are people who are progressive, liberal and yet Islamist...people who look at (say!) the English Civil Law and then at the Shariah and think...hmmn..an alternative paradigm that could work ! Then there are the extremists and the truly secular ones who don't want religion to have any place in one's political life ! Unfortunately its not the Taliban who are calling the shots in Pakistan either...there is domestic demand for an 'Islamic State' ! I think sooner or later the Muslims in India too, when they find themselves in a position of greater leverage, demand similar things; it probably is going to start from some sort of government patronage to institutions of Islamic Finance to some of the more communal aspects of the Shariah being enforced later on ! Additionally when Muslims are told that India is the only country in the world that they're truly emancipated because of our laws, our traditions and our way of life; sooner or later they're going to say - Yeh kiyaa backwass hai what do our traditions, our laws and our way of life lack ? Have you forgotten that the time of the 4 Caliphs was the golden age of Islam or that not only Akbar was the only one worth mentioning...the others were pretty good too ! In short, they're going to snap back at the implied assertion 'We weren't treated all that well when Muslim Dynasties ruled parts of the India Subcontinent and you're laws were regressive and oppressive of us - the Non Muslim majority' but look how well we've treated you once we're in the driving seat ! Some day...thats going to invite a backlash !

I think the only way to avoid that is a) Islam is reduced to a mere cultural or quasi-religious thing in India instead of a separate organized religion on its own ! Or b) a much more syncretic Islam is developed in India...even more so that it is now ! A little like how Hinduism absorbed and incorporated Buddhism, Jainism and a few other such dharmic traditions in India ! Which is to say a truly India Islam embellished by some of the best local traditions of India is created !

Otherwise...I do fear for the worst and I say this without glee ! However much I support the Partition...no one can dispute the enormous blood shed and suffering the Indian Subcontinent went during it and in the years leading up to it ! Nip this in the bud and you should be fine and by this I mean the divide that compels either party to identify the 'other' as truly...'the other' !

This a very good analysis. You can already see signs of this with the recent protests occurring in India and the negative backlash that the Hindu majority exhibited heck go to the thread on this forum and see for yourself how the Hindus feel about this. The Muslims of India are only going to become more assertive as their population grows and so the clashes will grow along with it, we can only hope blood is not spilled.

A country in the middle east.

This a very good analysis. You can already see signs of this with the recent protests occurring in India and the negative backlash that the Hindu majority exhibited heck go to the thread on this forum and see for yourself how the Hindus feel about this. The Muslims of India are only going to become more assertive as their population grows and so the clashes will grow along with it, we can only hope blood is not spilled.
And that may lead to rise of any leader in likes of Hitler.(just a low version)...putting all the blame on minorities......and even if a hint of such leader emerges, that day India will be on path of massive riots.....

And that may lead to rise of any leader in likes of Hitler.(just a low version)...putting all the blame on minorities......and even if a hint of such leader emerges, that day India will be on path of massive riots.....

And riots are nothing new for the sub-continent.. anger will be vent by some but then how we will come out of it will matter..

Based by some of the replies in the thread I specified your countrymen are looking forward to someone in the likes of Hitler.

The trick will be how to accommodate this ever growing population with the already tremendous population India houses. Poverty is a problem in India (not trying to single you guys out I know Pakistan has it too) and as the population grows more people will be hungry. We have to remember that for most people forget religion the most important thing for them is how they are going to put food on the table for their children. The resources will be scarce when that day comes.

Here's the speech of Gen. Kayani

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on how the survey was taken..

A survey of PDF would reveal that most Indians and Pakistanis are bloodthirsty savages that only wish to see the other side maimed and mutilated.

I guess you are smart enough to realize thats just a wiggle out, using an invalid comparison.

PEW's surveys do hold high credibility, and mostly are a truer reflection of the population.

@Kayani, not a very encouraging sign to see one of the biggest institutions has to use the crutches of religion to justify itself.

Muslims of NE India. ?????

And after Partition even India didn't try to eradicate Islam....so point here is ???

Current Pakistan that is today , discounting Bengal. The original map was even more elaborate as you are well aware.
The Bengali Muslims had East Pakistan

Point being that the Chief is not out of line in saying that.

Pakistan was created, but with a different name, over one thousand years ago. We created this entity called Hindustan or India and ruled it for almost a thousand years and later retained it as Pakistan. Pakistan is a continuation of our rule with a break of around 200 years. The nearest anybody else reached to create such an entity were Buddhists and that was over 4000 years ago. After our rule, the British ruled it for almost two hundred years.

For the current rulers of Bharat, it has just been slightly over 60 years.

btw Happy Independence Day to Indian friends visiting here.

I for one am happy that I don't live in India. Even with 15% Muslims they are hopping mad with hate against Muslims. I wonder what they would do if it was 33%, in united India. I would have to live under constant suspicion of the majority Hindus, and would have to constantly "prove" my loyalty to India. I would probably need a character certificate to go to a public toilet. You have seen how much love Bangladeshis get from Indians, even though BD is an "ally" of India.

Point being that the Chief is not out of line in saying that.

I was hinting on not what the chief said but rather the motive if any.. because he is the Chief of Army Pakistan..

Truth said by Army chief..Pakistan is the castle of Islam..

Let the Infidels burn in their jealousy :rofl:

He is preparing pakistan for something big.

Oh no...hide under your bed... and soil your diapers..
The Muslims are coming :blah:

Back
Top Bottom