What's new

Pakistan, India have a lot to gain from mutually beneficial trade: Shehbaz Sharif

India challenged Pak verdict and asked for the release of Jadhav but ICJ rejects Indias submission... Why? if he is innocent like you say and have evidence then ICJ just find him innocent and should have ordered his release but that never happened and it never will.

ICJ cannot find him innocent because he was NEVER TRIED in ICJ. ICJ determined the illegality of his current sentence.

How hard can this be to understand ?

ICJ however ruled that his trial by the military court was unjust and ordered a fresh trial to prove his guilt or innocent.

He is innocent until proven guilty and his "guilt" by military court has been ruled unjust and unconstitutional. So for all practical purpose he is still INNOCENT.

Islamabad [Pakistan], June 1 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has said that Islamabad is looking to forge partnerships for its geo-economics strategy, especially within the region, which apparently includes New Delhi.

He was responding to a question about trade with India in an interview with Turkish media outlet Anadolu Agency ahead of his three-day visit to the country, Dawn reported. However, Sharif arrived in Turkey for the visit on Tuesday.

Shehbaz said that as part of its shift from geo-strategy to geo-economics, Pakistan is looking to forge partnerships, especially within the region, based on connectivity.

“Pakistan and India have a lot to gain from mutually beneficial trade,” he said as quoted by Dawn. “We are cognisant of the economic dividends that can be accrued from a healthy trade activity with India,” the Prime Minister said further.

It is to be noted that after coming to power in Pakistan in early April, Shehbaz Sharif has written a letter to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressing his desire for peaceful ties with India and the resolution of all the outstanding issues.

This comes in the wake of PM Modi’s congratulatory wishes to the then newly elected Pakistani counterpart. Sharif, in his reply, thanked PM Modi for congratulating him and said that his country desires peaceful and cooperative ties with India, reported ARY News.

In his first address to the National Assembly after being sworn in, Sharif had said, “We want good ties with India but durable peace is not possible until the Kashmir dispute is resolved.”

On Tuesday, India and Pakistan finalised and signed the annual report of the Permanent Indus Commission for the year which ended on March 31, 2022.

The Indus Water Treaty has survived the wars between the two countries and the freeze in bilateral relations.

The relations between India and Pakistan have been strained due to Uri, Pathankot and Pulwama terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir with New Delhi making it clear that talks and terror cannot go together. (ANI)

Pakistan has nothing to offer to India on trade whereas India can flood the Pakistan market with it's products.

Pakistan has nothing to offer to India on trade whereas India can flood the Pakistan market with it's products.

Businessmen will find something to sell and buy. Its wise to give them that opportunity and not prejudge the situation.

In any case, the terms will be more fevourable than trade with China which will always be in chinese favor.

Yes they can with certain negative blow back.

Like Banning of chinese app.
Banning of chinese telecom equipment
ED raid on chinese companies etc.

China had the balls to pick a fight to our face and we paid back in kind.

So talks with them was the next logical step.

India would not be legitimizing state sponsored terrorism by holding talks with pakistan under its shadow.

Yes they can with certain negative blow back.

Like Banning of chinese app.
Banning of chinese telecom equipment
ED raid on chinese companies etc.

China had the balls to pick a fight to our face and we paid back in kind.

So talks with them was the next logical step.

India would not be legitimizing state sponsored terrorism by holding talks with pakistan under its shadow.
No, you talk to China because there is no electoral benefit in abstaining and they would keep turning your soldiers into pulp unless you behave.😁

No, you talk to China because there is no electoral benefit in abstaining and they would keep turning your soldiers into pulp unless you behave.😁

Is this you begging for a talk with India ?

Because its pointless, Indian stand is pretty clear.

As for china, we have a well established mechanism to deal with the situation and that seems to be working so far.

It also helped us get on with the Quad. So quite helpful behavior.

I suppose the allies should have tried that with Adolf Hitler right? Some more trade and get him to give up on his crazy plans? :enjoy:

I apologize for not being able to see the relevance of your comment to my post above.

We both India and Pakistan need to forget our bitter past and come forward to make a new biggining towards prosperity......

We have some border issues but how long we can carry it ignoring growth and prosperity of people..... Major powers will keep making money by arming us both but I think it's enough is enough..... We public should understand position of governments in both countries neither of them will back off or compromise...... So let's forget everything make current boundary in international one and move on.....
Do you think it will stop at that point???
No point in having any relationship with them. We both parties are better off without each other

It is pakistan which is clamoring for talks on kashmir.

I merely pointed out the TERMS for those talks.

The ball is in your court.

No they're not no one is or was and Khan showed that.
The rest is your BS media and imagination.

I apologize for not being able to see the relevance of your comment to my post above.

I can't do much about that. Maybe you should read more into the history of those who currently rule India.

Is this you begging for a talk with India ?

Because its pointless, Indian stand is pretty clear.

As for china, we have a well established mechanism to deal with the situation and that seems to be working so far.

It also helped us get on with the Quad. So quite helpful behavior.
You are the secretary of the QUAD forum, like every shit mongering done through that forum would be dumped on you, and every screw-up would be labeled Indian clerical error. I guess your govt. also got tired of it, and started to stall that's why Americans also clammed up and formed AUKUS, a more practical alliance.

Seriously, if u say China stopping short of completely bending you over backwards is 'helpful behaviour' then I need not to argue anymore.😄😁

A little moronic. First solve Kashmir first then we can do trade.
If only it were in the interests of either country to solve the Kashmir dispute, Kashmir is merely a bargaining chip and tool used by both countries for their interests and to keep the war machine and enmity going. I really don't think either countries have much to gain from trade otherwise

After merger of P0K and gilbit baltistan to India, Any pakistani who do not wish to live in India is free to migrate to pakistan or kill himself as you claim.

That was the basis of the 1947 resolution after all.

India is only for Indians, not pakistanis.

Again our stand on this is pretty clear and consistent. Why this confusion ?

There will never be a merger as your armed forces will be destroyed doing so. After this it will be the liberation of occupied Kashmir.
My elders destroyed your occupation, it's not happening again.
Your population is ageing fast, your population has one of the worst sex ratios on the planet. You pose little threat.
You are also piggy in the middle between us and China.
Stop writing fantasies here.

No they're not no one is or was and Khan showed that.
The rest is your BS media and imagination.

Then what is the need for this thread ?

Its not based on the statement of any Indian leader.

In any case Khan is not around any more , is he ? So clearly his line of though is not in favour among those who matter in pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom