What's new

Pakistan in England 2016 - ODI Series

Being retired and living in the UK I was able to watch all the Test Matches as well as the 3 ODIs.

In the last 70 years (my entire life time) I have seen Pakistan come down from the best in the world in Hockey and Squash to the level that we cannot even qualify to play in the world championships. Because of the money involved, cricket has done a bit better but we are down in the dumps there as well.

In my opinion attack on Sri Lankan cricket team has done irreparable harm to Pakistani Cricket. Our lads have lack exposure to the cricket at world class level. Pakistanis are still playing ODI in the style they did in the 90’s when we won the world cup. The format of the game has changed strongly in the favour of the batsmen and now 300 or 6 runs an over is considered the ‘par’ score.

Whatever one says about Pakistani bowling attack, it is still adequate. Where the talent is missing in in the batting department and the fielding. A good batsman in his day can hit out any bowler. Remember last ball boundary by Miandad against Windies, when he took 16 runs off Courtney Walsh last over! No one can deny the Walsh was a world class bowler, it so happened that Javed Miandad was better.

We batted first in the first 2 ODIs, batting 2nd you tend to adjust your batting to the total. Who knows what England would have scored if they had batted first? Yesterday England batted first and showed what they can do. Pakistani team is worth about 250 to 280 runs, immaterial if they bat first or last does not matter. In fact 275 were Pakistan’s highest score even though they were batting second. In other words, our team's batting fall short by about 40 to 50 runs to make a competitive score.

Batsman of Joe Root’s calibre can make any bowling side look ordinary. Let Pakistan go out and make say 325 runs or more batting first. You will see that England batting will have tough time making this score under pressure.

No matter if we fail to make the World Cup, we are simply not good enough. Who is responsible ? In my opinion everyone in Pakistan who carries soft spot for Taliban and religious extremists and that includes our cricketing hero Imran Khan because the Taliban and / or their allies are responsible for Pakistan's alienation from the International cricket.

Do you have a better spinner than Yasir Shah in the country? we have no replacements, we are missing Ajmal.

Flawed logic, it's their line of work. Why should they stop getting paid?
We produced many good spinners and we still can.. but yasir is not one of them. Would you pay your employers if they do not work properly, you will probably replace them or stop paying them.

Ya Allah Leeds UK mein abray rahmat barsa dy!!

We produced many good spinners and we still can.. but yasir is not one of them. Would you pay your employers if they do not work properly, you will probably replace them or stop paying them.

if he was there would have been an objection on his bowling action.

When chairman of a cricket board has played 9 test matches.
When a journalist govern cricket team.
When cricket team is trained by Armed forces
When a team have captain whose name is not even in final squad and have played only six matches while he has award captaincy.
I doesnt expect much of such team.
Like i am afraid cricket future in Pakistan is not different than that of hockey.

IMHO, the whole mindset towards ODI has to be changed; we are still playing old style cricket where the batsman need to face 20-30 odd balls to settle in...but in our case there is no surety that they will make 50 - 70 odd runs. We need mentally tough 4 top order hard hitters at least (with good techniques as well).

I really hope we don't need to qualify for the WC 2019 that will be really embarrassing...

Who has the current lead in the ODI series?
Pakistan lost in the last two matches i saw in England series.

Jidar humare jeetne k chance hoon udar 3 ODI aur jidar hum jeet nhi sakhtey udar khelte aur haartey hain 5 ODI lol

Back
Top Bottom