What's new

Pakistan has right to self-defense so does US: Pentagon

opps

New Recruit

Reaction score

Washington: As a sovereign nation Pakistan has the right to self-defense, so does the US, the Pentagon has asserted amid reports from Islamabad that Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani had issued direction that his commanders on the ****** border can return fire without permission.
Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt John Kirby told reporters that the last week's NATO bombing that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers along the Afghanistan border has had a chilling effect on the relationship between the two countries.
"I think it's safe to say that the incident has had a chilling effect on our relationship with the Pakistani military, no question about that. Both sides deem it to be as serious as it was," Kirby told reporters at a Pentagon briefing.

"I've seen the comments attributed to General Kayani. I'm certainly not going to speak for him or for the government of Pakistan. But every sovereign nation has the right of self-defense and the right to order their troops to defend themselves. That's what my understanding is what he did: He reiterated their right of self-defense. We certainly respect that right of his. We have it as well," Kirby said.

Pakistan has right to self-defense so does US: Pentagon - World News - IBNLive

pakistan also has the right to quit supporting US

goodbye US and may your soldiers rot in hell
Pakistan has lost that right sice the day it decided to team up with usa in 1947-48 period

So far, there has been one heck of a debate with conspiracy theories abounding. Each side is blaming the other. And now NATO says that it fired in self defence after coming under mortar and small arms fire from the the posts at 'Boulder' and 'Volcano'. They contend that the posts were giving covering fire for pushing in the Taliban militants into Afghanistan.

I think we need to wait until an 'independent' investigation inquires into the actual circumstances under which the incident took place. Otherwise it's just 'your word against mine'. But will an 'independent' investigation ever be possible? If not, we will never get to know the truth.

Washington: As a sovereign nation Pakistan has the right to self-defense, so does the US, the Pentagon has asserted amid reports from Islamabad that Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani had issued direction that his commanders on the ****** border can return fire without permission.
Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt John Kirby told reporters that the last week's NATO bombing that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers along the Afghanistan border has had a chilling effect on the relationship between the two countries.
"I think it's safe to say that the incident has had a chilling effect on our relationship with the Pakistani military, no question about that. Both sides deem it to be as serious as it was," Kirby told reporters at a Pentagon briefing.

"I've seen the comments attributed to General Kayani. I'm certainly not going to speak for him or for the government of Pakistan. But every sovereign nation has the right of self-defense and the right to order their troops to defend themselves. That's what my understanding is what he did: He reiterated their right of self-defense. We certainly respect that right of his. We have it as well," Kirby said.

Pakistan has right to self-defense so does US: Pentagon - World News - IBNLive

:rofl: Stupid statements by Pentagon.

Actually, it means, US have right to kill more on PA. More attacks and slaughting.

So far, there has been one heck of a debate with conspiracy theories abounding. Each side is blaming the other. And now NATO says that it fired in self defence after coming under mortar and small arms fire from the the posts at 'Boulder' and 'Volcano'. They contend that the posts were giving covering fire for pushing in the Taliban militants into Afghanistan.

I think we need to wait until an 'independent' investigation inquires into the actual circumstances under which the incident took place. Otherwise it's just 'your word against mine'. But will an 'independent' investigation ever be possible? If not, we will never get to know the truth.

What a claim.........if they were giving covering fire then they would be ready for the helis to come ,and they would be ready to fry them up.but that is not a case.............

On Topic: Yes they have the right to defend if they get attacked in Afghanistan , but if they are on our land then , we have our rules and we are not going to spare them next time they will try to eff with us.

This downward slide will continue till hostilites come out in the open from both sides, this is where all this is heading

More excuse to permanently close the supply routes, & clamping down on other US presence in Pakistan. Last time Pakistan closed the supply routes for 11 days, they came crawling back apologizing to Pakistan. Their bravado this time shouldn't be salvaged by an apology, it is intriguing that Russia has threatened to close its supply routes as well. The NATO will feel the effects if the routes are closed for even a couple of months. They'll be left trapped in Afghanistan. All this tough posturing means nothing, as it is pathetic how dependent NATO Forces are on the Pakistan routes.

Back
Top Bottom