What's new

Pakistan F-7PG the little plane that could

yup but even than 1 remaining F7s, 3 non ROSE will go very soon followed by PGS and than the ROSE squardons
currently of 19 sq
we have
4 f16s
4 jf-17s
3 ROSE
3 NON ROSE
1 F7
3 F7PG
1 OCU K 8

corrections welcomed

i think by end of this year we will have 5 or 6 thunders replacing all f-7s
this will be followed by non rose which should be done in next 2-3 years and than PGs which should complete in 5 years assuming we will get no f16s
from 2023-25 on wards pakistan will replace the last 2-3 sq of ROSE.
i think PAF aim was to get atleast 2 more squadrons of f-16s

with IAF increasing its strength from 30 to 42 sq and IN flexing it muscles i doubt 18/19 sq are enough

Yes you are right. Taking into account the IN also as PAF has to deal with it too, fighter fleet should be expanded to 21-23 squadrons by 2025.

yup but even than 1 remaining F7s, 3 non ROSE will go very soon followed by PGS and than the ROSE squardons
currently of 19 sq
we have
4 f16s
4 jf-17s
3 ROSE
3 NON ROSE
1 F7
3 F7PG
1 OCU K 8

corrections welcomed

i think by end of this year we will have 5 or 6 thunders replacing all f-7s
this will be followed by non rose which should be done in next 2-3 years and than PGs which should complete in 5 years assuming we will get no f16s
from 2023-25 on wards pakistan will replace the last 2-3 sq of ROSE.
i think PAF aim was to get atleast 2 more squadrons of f-16s

with IAF increasing its strength from 30 to 42 sq and IN flexing it muscles i doubt 18/19 sq are enough
U forgot CCS F7s and Mirages i.e dashings and skybolts...and K8 squadrons fall under FCU(Mianwali) and AJFT(Risalpur)..

U forgot CCS F7s and Mirages i.e dashings and skybolts...and K8 squadrons fall under FCU(Mianwali) and AJFT(Risalpur)..
I though CSS just borrows aircrafts from current squardons..

Our F7s are of the same class and type of the indian mig21 bissons, why are we not upgrading it at least to the level of bisons which can fire Bvr missiles.

Our F7s are of the same class and type of the indian mig21 bissons, why are we not upgrading it at least to the level of bisons which can fire Bvr missiles.

Better spend that money on JF17 Thunder upgrades. We would have upgraded them if Chinese were upgrading theirs (a huge fleet of above 300), which would have meant cheaper upgrade packages due to economies of scale. A specific upgrade package for the PAF would be expensive. As it is usually the systems that cost more not the airframe.
I believe the systems along with engine cost up to 60-65% of a new aircraft.
The upgrade was relevant if we wanted to operate the F7s till 2030. But they will all be gone by 2020 except for some three squadrons of PGs which are relatively newer.

Pak F7PGs as per some pros are also showing their age whether engines or air frame.

And you know better the PAF because you can write on PDF
No, because the PAF has pretty much indicated that the F-7PG is a death trap itself. Even if they didn't, just look at the crash rate, why else do you think the F-7PG was one of the first fighters set to be replaced by the JF-17?

Next time you want to share your opinion, use common sense.

No, because the PAF has pretty much indicated that the F-7PG is a death trap itself. Even if they didn't, just look at the crash rate, why else do you think the F-7PG was one of the first fighters set to be replaced by the JF-17?

The crash rate of F7P is high and not PG...of the last 4 PG crashes,2 were pilot errors,both CFIT and a third one was probably bird strike...F7P is being replaced with JFT and none of the PG squadrons has been replaced with JFT.

where has PAF said F7PG is a death trap. show me proof. and talking of common sense i am calling you out on this. its crash rate isnt as bad as you make out. the number of sorties flown against the number of crashes will show you how bad this aircraft is.........i await your common sense proof

regardless, PGs life is about 3000 hours which will be up in next 5 years
i bet they will go before the mirage ROSE

F-7PG came handy at a time when PAF was struggling for new airframes. it is a fighter of its own class, an ultimate mig-21. With Grifo 7 MKII PG radar it can do all Mig-21 bison can and more. PAF wish to have this fighter in its inventory late 80's. it would have make a tremendous difference throughout 90's.

it was bought 10 years late, not a PAf fault, but was not offered to PAF till late 90's. it is serving its evolving role as a light fighter that is as maneuverable as F-16 and could add to the mix with JF-17 and F-16

@
where has PAF said F7PG is a death trap. show me proof. and talking of common sense i am calling you out on this. its crash rate isnt as bad as you make out. the number of sorties flown against the number of crashes will show you how bad this aircraft is.........i await your common sense proof
Yeah, I'm gonna let @Oscar handle this one.the amount of times I've had to explain this is far too much.

Back
Top Bottom