What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I'm sure in it's clean configuration, the F-16 is in it's prime however the CFTs also seem to have little or no effect on it's performance.
Nah...I was talking from a pure visual perspective. I can handle the larger vertical stab root of the 'C/D', but the 'A' body is the most visually appealing.

The F-16 is genuinely a fighter jet. Forget about 'stealth', and I do not say that lightly and everybody here know how I feel about 'stealth', but low radar observable is a feature that is not needed to make an aircraft a 'fighter'. When aviation was borned, maneuverability was the rage and the biplanes were designed specifically for that feature. Practically no designer wanted to make a passenger aircraft. Every man wanted an aircraft that under the civilian facade is a fighter. The F-16 is the last of this breed. Never mind the two-seater version. The B/D versions are trainers. It is the single seater that is the fighter. Everything about the F-16 is about making it as pure a fighter as possible.

The F-15 is Mike Tyson. The F-16 is Manny Pacquiao, Sugar Ray Leonard, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Donnie Yen all rolled into into a single body. Although, I am partial to Donnie Yen myself.

There is a difference between a 'mission' and a 'type'. The F-15 was designed to accomplish a 'mission', which is air superiority. I can assign a B-52 to that job if I wanted to. But a 'type' is philosophical and the F-16 was built from a philosophy, not a mission.

In boxing, winning a title is a mission, but whether you have a body type to accomplish that mission is a different issue. You can spar with Manny Pacquiao and even if he does not land a single touch to you, there would still be no mistaking that you faced a fighter. Going up against the F-16 even in mock combat and you will leave the engagement relieved that he was unarmed. Never mind about off boresight missiles. The F-16 is about agility and maneuverability using the most basic forms and quantity of surfaces, then coupled that with an oversized engine, and you got as close to a fighter in the air as can get.

The F-16 may very well be the last of its kind, my friend. And I am glad to have been on that control stick at 9g.

why pakistan air force do it itself, if they can built JF 17, why they can do they overhull of f16, does turky air force is more strong then pakistan.

And that's an opportunity that PAF definitely needs to avail.
Gaining experience on the block 60 will help Pakistan in many ways.
Means that UAE wants Pakistani pilots to carry out the strikes, if so then PAF pilots would need to fly the Block-60 F-16 of UAEAF.

Means that UAE wants Pakistani pilots to carry out the strikes, if so then PAF pilots would need to fly the Block-60 F-16 of UAEAF.

Man, if that is the case, it is indeed a shame for those Arabs proudly flying. Why would they need PAF to fly when they have the latest tech and the US trained them well?

Man, if that is the case, it is indeed a shame for those Arabs proudly flying. Why would they need PAF to fly when they have the latest tech and the US trained them well?
Its because they are not tested.....skills come when the 1 is war tested...

Its because they are not tested.....skills come when the 1 is war tested...

This is more of a air to ground raid than a air-air combat......with the tech in F-16s, it should be a walk in the park.
You have the target.......you designate it and bam. That's what all those those pods/sensors are for.....unless UAE doesn't have info on where to target....because then you should be seriously thinking if this is your war or not.

This is more of a air to ground raid than a air-air combat......with the tech in F-16s, it should be a walk in the park.
You have the target.......you designate it and bam. That's what all those those pods/sensors are for.....unless UAE doesn't have info on where to target....because then you should be seriously thinking if this is your war or not.
Because of idiotic comments of that UAE minister everyone in Pak is really pissed of

Back
Top Bottom