What's new

Pakistan eyes Chinese jets to counter IAF dominance

Why the obsession with the JF-17 to make it into something that its never going to be?

Please use google translate to post your thoughts.
Like this

SAC and hope to be able to pay more to fly on the Five machines , and soon the J-31 and J-20 can have enough combat power . Pakistan needs the equipment I think as long as China has basically not introduce any problems exist , Pakistan friendship not a plane can carry . The key is to be able to digest them Pakistani technology, with independent production capacity increased and improved , so as to really grow their own air force , do not learn in India , by outsourcing everything !
Economy Simple No country would like to spend billions on nothing with all other projects need to start from scratch which some time is better see history Uncle sam created tons of new planes Only few came opertaional while Other went to nothing
JF 17 is already what they got and details knowledge , experience and expertise So it will be alot easier for them to mess with 1 2 prototypes instead of Starting from A it will be alot cheaper faster and easier to do . Well not that cheaper but if you see current jets 4th generation gets are here for a long time atleast 3 4 decades if some how China and Pak comes up with a decent 5th gen jet at low rates the developing countries will love to put their hands on that baby instead of waiting and doing nothing ,

Economy Simple No country would like to spend billions on nothing with all other projects need to start from scratch which some time is better see history Uncle sam created tons of new planes Only few came opertaional while Other went to nothing
JF 17 is already what they got and details knowledge , experience and expertise So it will be alot easier for them to mess with 1 2 prototypes instead of Starting from A it will be alot cheaper faster and easier to do . Well not that cheaper but if you see current jets 4th generation gets are here for a long time atleast 3 4 decades if some how China and Pak comes up with a decent 5th gen jet at low rates the developing countries will love to put their hands on that baby instead of waiting and doing nothing ,

So by that logic it would be economical to turn a Toyota Corolla into a Maserti or Ferrari class car?

JF 17 is a already a very cable fighter jet.
A new engine for block II and export will start...

I think J16 the bomber truck is more killer machine than J15 for PAF navy. I think China can sell J16 to PAF as It is fully indigenous by China? Or we shall persuade Rusky that PAF really need it?

bro , many members here showed their concern that we need heavies . specially with heavy payload .. and probably j-16 will fit in the job ... 1 Sqs alone with 1 sqs of Jf-17 thunder for PN that will make a hi-low mix fleet , and 1 sqs we can dedicate to PAF bombing mission .. well i dont know that j-16 is indigenous product or you have to take permission .. if our Authorities are serious i am sure , Russian will not take much time to agree on sich sales ..

I think J16 the bomber truck is more killer machine than J15 for PAF navy. I think China can sell J16 to PAF as It is fully indigenous by China? Or we shall persuade Rusky that PAF really need it?

And I will come after you:mod:

Why so do they have these concerns?

well in 90's we were behind Iaf in numbers , but now we have no technological superiority over IAF , nor i see in any near future , recent tension on LOC ring many bells , we cant always play the nuke card , peace time is best to prepare for war ..

well in 90's we were behind Iaf in numbers , but now we have no technological superiority over IAF , nor i see in any near future , recent tension on LOC ring many bells , we cant always play the nuke card , peace time is best to prepare for war ..

How is technological superiority linked to "heavy" aircraft?

How is technological superiority linked to "heavy" aircraft?

not related , but do we even have any of it ? technology or heavy fighters ? besides F-16's none of any aircraft is capable to face mki ....

not related , but do we even have any of it ? technology or heavy fighters ? besides F-16's none of any aircraft is capable to face mki ....

That too is a rather layman's view. How do we know that no other aircraft will face the MKI or that only the F-16 will ever face it?
Or that no other aircraft given the right situational awareness can bring down the MKI?

That too is a rather layman's view. How do we know that no other aircraft will face the MKI or that only the F-16 will ever face it?
Or that no other aircraft given the right situational awareness can bring down the MKI?

unless its proven i can shout that jf-17 can beat the sh1t out of F-22 raptor . lolz but i dont want peoples throw stones at me by saying " Pagal hai , Pagal hai "
what i am saying based on the overall configuration of both fighters , one is light weight , and other is heavy Air superiority ..rest you can do the maths .

Back
Top Bottom