What's new

Pakistan Eyes Acquisition of Chinese Training Aircraft

This trainer seems to have the traits of an actual combat aircraft. The Chinese need to just stretch the dimensions of this bird and we'd be having another mainstream combat aircraft around the world. By stretching the dimensions I mean:

Increasing the size of the airframe and adding larger wings for more payload and fuel, more powerful engines, powerful radars, etc.

It could be the Hornet of the East.

:what:twin engine air craft in PAF....?
what about that policy
NOT TO INDUCT A TWIN ENGINE AIRCRAFT BECAUSE OF HIGH MAINTENANCE COST.:cheesy:

Weren't we looking in to the czech trainer?

:what:twin engine air craft in PAF....?
what about that policy
NOT TO INDUCT A TWIN ENGINE AIRCRAFT BECAUSE OF HIGH MAINTENANCE COST.:cheesy:

...go back to 80s...PAF's backbone, j-6, was a twin engine aircraft
even A-5s were twin engine..
the problem is that every twin engine fighter nowdays is a heavy class fighter, and YES they r costly to maintain!.....but as for now PAF doesn't have anyrequirement for heavy class fighter
but in future we will have to induct them as almost every new 5th generation fighter is twin engine even the future chinese jet(apart from f-35)

Air-Force Technology News: (05 Feb 2010)

The Pakistani Air Force (PAF) is to acquire L-15 supersonic jet trainer aircraft from China to equip its transition pilots with advanced fighters and reduce the number of its trainer aircraft from four to two.

The Hongdu-developed L-15 can carry light rockets and bombs, and air-to-air missiles. It mainly fulfils a counter-insurgency role.

The L-15 aircraft, equipped with two seats and two engines, features technologies such as digital quadruple fly-by-wire and glass cockpit (two multicolour head-down displays for both the front and rear cockpit.

The L-15 aircraft also features an additional head-up display for the front cockpit, and hands-on-throttle-and-stick (HOTAS) flight control.

The L-15 aircraft will replace the K-8 Karakorum basic / advanced jet trainer, which is currently used by the PAF.

The air force has conducted detailed examinations of the L-15 aircraft, and is currently undergoing negotiations on technical aspects and pricing.

link: Pakistan to Acquire L-15 Supersonic Jet Trainer Aircraft - Air Force Technology

Hey whats that i was wondering that JF-17 Thunder will be our AJT and we are going to procure about 50+ K-8 for IJT role. And now whats happen even the Dual seat JF-17 was more for AJT then just training for single seat JF-17(as it was said that its a pilot friendly plane). So the money which we invested in K-8 had gone for only 12 K-8s and in JF-17 had gone for nothing just even taking lones and our GOP is buying newer and expensive car and eating 15+ dishes dinners??????
Anyone answer me in the right manner as our forum members try to take the side of PAF rather than the real people that are paying the hefty cost for such projects which ended in trash.Thats why some members that are in abroad say PAF should buy instead of building in JV.i am quite angry :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::china:

05 Feb 2010???????????? seems very old news

Last edited:
ohhhhhhhhh sorry bro i don't wanna be look like an indian in any cost sorry next time i will never laugh:frown:

Its O.K. If it was a real sorry. Hey bro. did you see the new for which i have provided you people the link. If not then go now have have look as it is credible site.

there was news of 4 l-15 only bro not to replace whole k-8 fleet but god know whats current deal

Please search the forum for existing threads on the topic instead of starting new ones, especially if the event that is being reported is a few months old.

Please search the forum for existing threads on the topic instead of starting new ones, especially if the event that is being reported is a few months old.

Yaar admin....Its a problem faced by me too whenever I search the forum, there is no thread similar to what i intent to post but when a post....there is a sweet surprise in the related posts tag:hang2:

Aslam-O-Alikum,
Hey admin u didn't notify me and you just merged my thread its a bit different from the one you have merged. Being the thread starter, i request to you to gain un-merged my thread. Hopefully you didn't mind it and take care.
Allah-Hafiz

The PAF plans to accquire twin jet trainer and Saudi AF plans to accquire 100 EF Typoon with ToT along with lots of PAF aircraft engineers arriving in KSA training facility rings some bells and whistles in my mind. A lot of retired PAF and PN are finding new government jobs in Saudi recently.

The Saudi government enjoys close releations with PA and ISI and we are significant source of their naval and airforce training. It is rumored that 4000-6000 undercover SSG commands are stationed in KSA under civilian disguise. To protect the important installations and royal family in event of uprising or terrorist attacks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom