What's new

Pakistan engaged in an undeclared war with Afghanistan: Ghani

Man cut this crap about strategic depth. If even 10% of you Indian members knew what you were talking about when you talk about Af-Pak affairs and 'strategic depth' whatever the hell that is, you wouldn't be saying this.
Jungi bhai, it's amazing you don't know about Mirza Aslam Beg's doctrine of 'Strategic Depth'? And you seem to think that only Pakistanis have the monopoly of talking about WTF is happening in Afghanistan, right? Please save us this crap. We're as educated in world affairs as you think you are.

I'll tell you what the hell (as you said) 'Strategic Depth' is. Here....A complete paper on Strategic Depth and Pakistan's war on terror. Do read it if you have the time and inclination to do so!

"Strategic Depth": Does It Promote Pakistan's Strategic Interests? | raheem haque - Academia.edu

Now you know! :azn:

What is going on behind the scenes is what counts, thanks to the Brits Mi6 and the Scandinavian Security Services, the A-Stanis have started opening up all their books to the Company and it's little friends, this is unprecedented in the total history of Pak-Afghan relations.

This is revolution before our eyes, Ghani has to mitigate the fear in some of the elites in country, therefore the odd aggressive statement, but on the ground, the legs have been spread, totally.

Jungi bhai, it's amazing you don't know about Mirza Aslam Beg's doctrine of 'Strategic Depth'? And you seem to think that only Pakistanis have the monopoly of talking about WTF is happening in Afghanistan, right? Please save us this crap. We're as educated in world affairs as you think you are.

No, you see, Indians when it comes to Af-Pak affairs have the most typical misguided views imaginable, and it seems like they've developed some pretty wild theories, a lot of off the belief that Pakistan is evil, no good and for that reason supports insurgencies.

The Indian mindset on this issues is formulated as follows: initial predisposition to see Pakistan in negative light, learn tid bits about Afghanistan from the war on terror, a few names of the taliban and Mujahideen, and then show up to forums like this as self-professed experts.

I've had long and fruitless debates with Indian members about Af-Pak affairs, plenty of daft nonsense they eventually get into, but they all start with the exact some notions you're making here.

I'll tell you what the hell (as you said) 'Strategic Depth' is. Here....A complete paper on Strategic Depth and Pakistan's war on terror. Do read it if you have the time and inclination to do so!

"Strategic Depth": Does It Promote Pakistan's Strategic Interests? | raheem haque - Academia.edu

Now you know! :azn:

Do you read your own links? If yes, then please tell me what you define Strategic depth in Pakistan's case, why you call it specifically 'strategic depth', why you reserve this term for Pakistan's role in Afghanistan. And what the article defines as strategic depth.

Please enlighten us, if you are so learned on these matters. I have a valid point in calling you out for spewing that phrase in a nonsensical sort of way. And then you have nerve to quote an essay with the word in it, which I am sure you have not read, because had you have read, my points to come you would not argue with.

Go on. In plain words, respond.

Peace wont come in that region if Afghanistan dont merge with Pakistan or Pakistan's disintegration.

All hail to post of the year...!!!
165306.jpg

He's appealing to his local audience.
He's playing to the Pro indian lobby aka NA... After sending cadets to PMA,cooperation against anti Pak forces and ISI-NDS agreement .. He's stuck in deep ..

LOL @ this Khaama Press... Khaama Press running by the Indians and pro Indian lobiest in Afghanistan. First hey hosted on Indian servers thn moved takay loog samjain ye Afghani Content he yHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Nation copy paste Khaama Press news.. like Indians every day... :rofl:

abhe kakoon ka bara time lagayga is level tak pohanchnay may ... ye khali google pe searchain maar maar kar share he karwasakhtay hain news lol

As one Afghan minister put it, "if Pakistan had trained Afghan youngsters as MBA, we would praise them - but all they have done is teach our youngsters how to plant bombs. What do you want us to do but abuse them?"

Kabul- President Ashraf Ghani said Pakistan is in undeclared war with Afghanistan for the past 36 years. President Ghani, while talking at a gathering of government officials in Kandahar, said Pakistan has been given notice of the concerns.

On Tuesday, Ghani said, “Peace with Pakistan is our first priority but this peace should be based on conditions from Afghanistan.”

He highlighted Afghanistan’s land separated by Durand Line. Ghani also believes the enemies of Afghanistan are enjoying safe havens in Pakistan.

Pakistan is in war with Afghanistan: Afghan President
Sala itni sewa ki iski pakistani establishment nain.... aur isne ghar jate hi aukaat dikha di.

There you goes the new found relation between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

No, you see, Indians when it comes to Af-Pak affairs have the most typical misguided views imaginable, and it seems like they've developed some pretty wild theories, a lot of off the belief that Pakistan is evil, no good and for that reason supports insurgencies.

The Indian mindset on this issues is formulated as follows: initial predisposition to see Pakistan in negative light, learn tid bits about Afghanistan from the war on terror, a few names of the taliban and Mujahideen, and then show up to forums like this as self-professed experts.

I've had long and fruitless debates with Indian members about Af-Pak affairs, plenty of daft nonsense they eventually get into, but they all start with the exact some notions you're making here.

Do you read your own links? If yes, then please tell me what you define Strategic depth in Pakistan's case, why you call it specifically 'strategic depth', why you reserve this term for Pakistan's role in Afghanistan. And what the article defines as strategic depth.

Please enlighten us, if you are so learned on these matters. I have a valid point in calling you out for spewing that phrase in a nonsensical sort of way. And then you have nerve to quote an essay with the word in it, which I am sure you have not read, because had you have read, my points to come you would not argue with.

Go on. In plain words, respond
Ok, here's my response in plain words:

My dear Jungi bhai, it seems you are pretty het up reading that link I posted! Never mind, here's another written by none other than your own defence analyst Imtiaz Gul who is currently the Executive Director of the Islamabad-based independent Centre for Research and Security Studies. Here's his article in Pakistan's Friday Times. You see, I love reading and ferreting out serious material that is relevant to not only South Asia but the world in general. (By the way, I stopped reading Tom and Jerry comics half a century ago! :-)) I also suggest you read Christine Fair's Fighting to the End and books written by Bruce Riedel.

Here..... have a peek at this.

Is this the end of the strategic depth doctrine?

Imtiaz Gul

Seeking strategic depth in Afghanistan has turned out to be like digging one’s own grave. It has hollowed out Pakistan socio-economically and polarized it politically. Cultivating and condoning relations with non-state actors represents a fatal blunder and its consequence is the biggest challenge to the country’s social cohesion, peace and security. How can a destabilized Afghanistan, infested with civil war and insurgency, provide strategic depth to Pakistan?

Read the full article here...

Is this the end of the strategic depth doctrine? ‹ The Friday Times

And here's another by none other than your erstwhile Army Chief Gen Kayani:

Afghanistan as a ‘Strategic Depth’

In Pakistan’s strategic calculus, Afghanistan is considered as ideal territory to be used as ‘strategic depth’. Gen Kayani, in a press briefing at Army General Headquarters on February 1, 2010 stated: “we want a strategic depth in Afghanistan but do not want to control it”. A peaceful and friendly Afghanistan can provide Pakistan a strategic depth”

Read the full article here....

Army Chief Gen Kayani: Afghanistan as a ‘Strategic Depth’ - Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS)

However, to conclude, there are two components to 'strategic depth'.

In Politico-diplomatic-economic terms, strategic depth is the ability of a state to reduce threats by a combination of strategies which include improving relations with neighbours and bring the possibility of an armed conflict to zero.This creates additional space for economic development and soft power projection.

The other component of strategic depth is Military which refers to the distance between actual or potential frontlines and key centers of population, logistics, industrial and military production centers. Defensive strategic depth requires vast space in the interior to retreat to extend the lines of communication of the enemy. It corresponds to a state’s ability to deal with an offensive through multi-layered defence, absorb the initial thrust, stretch the enemy forces and inflict attrition on it through counter-strokes. And this is where Afghanistan comes in.

However, the military component of strategic depth doctrine is now heading into the sunset as a destabilized Afghanistan, infested with civil war and insurgency, cannot provide strategic depth to Pakistan militarily - at least at the present juncture. What of the future? Only time will tell.

Want to know more about 'Strategic Depth'? I think that's enough for now! More later. I've other work to do! :-)

Cheers!

They are packaging and exporting Talibunnies, no wonder the Afghans are angry. They are trying to fix their nation and you guys are actively trying to sabotage it.

Another clown talking out of his a$$ lolz too funny ..

Kabul- President Ashraf Ghani said Pakistan is in undeclared war with Afghanistan for the past 36 years. President Ghani, while talking at a gathering of government officials in Kandahar, said Pakistan has been given notice of the concerns.

On Tuesday, Ghani said, “Peace with Pakistan is our first priority but this peace should be based on conditions from Afghanistan.”

He highlighted Afghanistan’s land separated by Durand Line. Ghani also believes the enemies of Afghanistan are enjoying safe havens in Pakistan.

Pakistan is in war with Afghanistan: Afghan President
Maybe the Afghan President smoking that Afghan shit again.

Afghanistan's President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani has been trying to improve ties Pakistan. We have elements in Pakistan and Afghanistan who prefer conflict over cooperation. Afghanistan is still not stable enough to send refugees back into conflict region. First we have to end militancy supported by some elements of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom