What's new

Pakistan Digital City, PTI Government's new Initiative.

Great initiative by KPK. It has to immediately start rather than wait for someone to assist. Way to move forward is build IT labs, test centres, software house and IT centres like we have Hafeez centre IT hub in Lahore etc etc.

The place is very beautiful, and location is prime. Hope it really becomes a real thing.

Ten different projects can be opened, what matters is competent people to manage them.

Great initiative by KPK. It has to immediately start rather than wait for someone to assist. Way to move forward is build IT labs, test centres, software house and IT centres like we have Hafeez centre IT hub in Lahore etc etc.

The place is very beautiful, and location is prime. Hope it really becomes a real thing.

If we want our IT industry to grow and become profitable, we need to have multiple DR sites 250km to 300Km away from each other, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar should become proper IT hubs. I hope we can add more... Multan, Gwadar, Nawabshah, Quetta, Khuzdar, etc.

Last edited:
lol Even if this becomes a mega R&D base city, they will still be 30 years ahead of us. To build this we need educated hard working professionals with master and PhD degrees. We don’t have the required skilled force for it.
It will take 10 to 20 years to fix the education system including schools, colleges and universities in Pakistan. We need a national standard education system that can be applied in Pakistan.

Current IT Training, computer science and related degrees offered don’t cover new technology. Less than 30% of our graduates have the skill level to complete on the international level.
More than 60% of our work force is unskilled and working odd jobs in ME and other countries. Provinding Training to these unskilled workers will be huge and long task.
Janab we have enough PHD now more are being produced. The number of PHD being produced are now in thousands. In fact several thousands

Janab we have enough PHD now more are being produced. The number of PHD being produced are now in thousands. In fact several thousands

Thousands PHDs and still no innovation?
Any innovation in bio-medical, renewals energy, advance agriculture technology, IT or EE / electronics?

this should be R&D based city not a mere manufacturing hub of electronics. We can eventually compete israelis if we have R&D based mega cities like these.

this is what our govt/planners dont get

Excellent decision by PTI govt. More such cities should be opened in other provinces as well especially Punjab, and Baluchistan.

stupid decision, establish hi-tech research universities and technical institutes and industry will develop around it

location is not good.it will be prone to land sliding during earthquake.It would be much better to develop such facilities in plan areas

stupid decision, establish hi-tech research universities and technical institutes and industry will develop around it

So USA (silicon valley), China, Sweden, India all are stupid for developing such IT cities and technology parks?
Are you really living in Canada and have such a stupid mentality?

Thousands PHDs and still no innovation?
Any innovation in bio-medical, renewals energy, advance agriculture technology, IT or EE / electronics?
Things are being done also thousands studied in top universities in around the world under HEC initiative. As for research well you have to pay people and make research an attractive job

Things are being done also thousands studied in top universities in around the world under HEC initiative. As for research well you have to pay people and make research an attractive job

Creating and empowering institutions will make a country stronger. Governments will come and go, people come and go but if we have strong institutions, we will always be productive and ahead of the curve.

Let’s just take National Agriculture research center and Pakistan agriculture research council for an example, what are their research and accomplishments in last 34 years?
Farmers from India are going to Israel to attend workshop and learn new agriculture techniques. We are still using 200 years old agriculture techniques and our so Call arm chair critics are saying that Pakistan is a poor country and does not have the resources. We have enough resources to convert half of the Balochistan into a Agriculture land but there is no will because there is no kickbacks in it.

Pakistan institute of Medical services?
What is their responsibility?
Do we have one hospital in the entire country who can give treatment to over elite class? So they don’t have to run to Europe and America.
We don’t have a set National standard for Government hospitals and laws/rules/regulations for private hospitals and are these implemented?

Our education system?
National Education foundation/National Training Bureau/Pakistan Manpower institute.
All of these federal institutions but still over 60% unskilled workers?

FBR for an example, is this working? Is it completely free from political influences?

So USA (silicon valley), China, Sweden, India all are stupid for developing such IT cities and technology parks?
Are you really living in Canada and have such a stupid mentality?

yes I am living in Canada and that is the reason i speak logic, but you go on keep doing stupid things over and over and expect different result next time, built technology cities when you IT graduate cant even write a decent code

yes I am living in Canada and that is the reason i speak logic, but you go on keep doing stupid things over and over and expect different result next time, built technology cities when you IT graduate cant even write a decent code
So what is your solution? Just sit down and do Allah Allah?

So what is your solution? Just sit down and do Allah Allah?
Ignore the ignorant buddy. There are pretty of good rather excellent IT graduates produced in Pakistan and I know through experience and direct interaction..because that's what I do for living. But most of them leave the country sooner or later for better future since not a lot of opportunities are available but if there is a technology part or rather a IT city where all top players are present, it will help retain all this talent inside the country. We have already started a branch in Pakistan in collaboration with a local software house. But I'm anxiously waiting for this city project to start.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom