What's new

Pakistan Digital City, PTI Government's new Initiative.

FalconStar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has planned to establish the first Digital City of Pakistan. The site of the Digital City is located at Haripur behind Margala Hills Islamabad. The site is not only one of the most scenic of locations, it also has close proximity to the Islamabad capital territory and to the new International Airport Islamabad.

The Digital City will provide competitive, developed land on lease basis to a diverse range of business and technology firms. In order to develop the Digital City according to the industry specific requirements, the KPITB is collecting feedback and requirements from all potential investors. Please fill in the form and specify your requirements. For further information please email at info@kpitb.gov.pk

pakistan-digital-city.jpg

Who should invest?
  • Electronic Manufacturers
  • Mobile, Computer and Peripheral Manufacturers
  • Communications Equipment Manufacturers
  • Semiconductor and other electronic Manufacturers
  • Audio, Video and Wearable Device Manufacturers
  • Software Houses
  • Technology Incubators
  • Academic Institutes (Universities/campuses)
  • Hospitality Services Industry
  • Linguistic Training Providers
  • Business Process Outsourcing firms
http://kpgoestech.com/techcity/pdc

This is a very good initiative taken by the new government. In this day and age many countries are making Billions of dollars cause of their investment in Tech Industry.
Hope this becomes Silicon Valley of Pakistan and not some failed start up.

this should be R&D based city not a mere manufacturing hub of electronics. We can eventually compete israelis if we have R&D based mega cities like these.

lol Even if this becomes a mega R&D base city, they will still be 30 years ahead of us. To build this we need educated hard working professionals with master and PhD degrees. We don’t have the required skilled force for it.
It will take 10 to 20 years to fix the education system including schools, colleges and universities in Pakistan. We need a national standard education system that can be applied in Pakistan.

Current IT Training, computer science and related degrees offered don’t cover new technology. Less than 30% of our graduates have the skill level to complete on the international level.
More than 60% of our work force is unskilled and working odd jobs in ME and other countries. Provinding Training to these unskilled workers will be huge and long task.

Excellent decision by PTI govt. More such cities should be opened in other provinces as well especially Punjab, and Baluchistan.

I agree.....
South Khuzdar in Balochistan province.
New city (Erdogan) in between Karachi, Hyderabad and Thatta for Sindh province
Mianwali for Punjab province.
These are just my suggestions, someone may have better suggestions.

An extremely great move!!!! I am pretty sure it'll be damn successful, especially in the context of CPEC!!! Tons of opportunities, especially in the light of the widening East-West technological dispute with the East catching up damn fast and poised to surpass!!! No more moving to the West en masse only to face the unhinged hatred and extreme despise from the red necks likes of Trump, Bolton etc.!!! Lots of expertise from the Pak expats can be channeled there too!!! It's a good opportunity to "give it forward"!!!

The ingenuity of the young Pak folks can be incubated here!!! And, this will be the ultimate export items for Pak!!!

The setting also looks beautiful!!! Best of luck...

Last edited:
lol Even if this becomes a mega R&D base city, they will still be 30 years ahead of us. To build this we need educated hard working professionals with master and PhD degrees. We don’t have the required skilled force for it.
It will take 10 to 20 years to fix the education system including schools, colleges and universities in Pakistan. We need a national standard education system that can be applied in Pakistan.

Current IT Training, computer science and related degrees offered don’t cover new technology. Less than 30% of our graduates have the skill level to complete on the international level.
More than 60% of our work force is unskilled and working odd jobs in ME and other countries. Provinding Training to these unskilled workers will be huge and long task.
Journey of a thousand miles start with a single step!!! Pak folks are fast learners....

Journey of a thousand miles start with a single step!!! Pak folks are fast learners....

Though I agree, I am bit pessimistic when it comes to mega projects. Our corrupt leaders have looted the country in the name of these projects, for example, Benazir Income Support Program, Zulfiqarabad, Nandipure, PSL, money laundering, housing schemes. Saaf pano, etc.

we need our own infrastructure.
We need to develop a better cheap and easily available AI from such cities!

we need our own infrastructure.
We need to develop a better cheap and easily available AI from such cities!

Cut government overhead to 50%, remove ghost employees by introducing e-government system, increase efficiency and productivity. This will start the process of making institutes stronger.

Someone mentioned about introducing blockchain in Pakistan. I think it will be helpful to digitalization the whole system including land records (personal properties and business properties), Individual and company tax records, Education & colleges degrees and certification records, Automobile/bike ownerships record, mega projects, budget records (federal government, provincial and local government), Government employees performance records, medical records history, criminal records (so it can be shared between law enforcement agencies).

Also make local governments system stronger by giving them more power and resources.

great hope kids born here with 5g sim installed in them :lol:

Excellent initiative... we need 10-12 of these "digital cities" immediately. The world is moving ahead at breakneck speed and we have to catch up.

pakistan-digital-city.jpg

Nice drawing, hopefully we will see this completed by 22th century.

Back
Top Bottom