What's new

Pakistan cricketer dies after being hit by ball

Sir agreed, but three points to consider:
1) Availability of trained lay rescuers or HCP with BLS/ALS training
2) Availability of serviced AED in Pakistan
3) Legal protection to lay rescuer bystander providing aid as a "good Samaritan" non existent in Pakistan.
4) Lay rescuers comfort and competence in providing CPR, forget Pakistan, trained people are afraid of giving CPR in developed countries... Cost, fear, lack of information may limit CPR usage for urban minorities
Yes correct but too many variables to consider when considering pre-hospital care in Pakistan. I for one WANT everyone in Pakistan to know FIRST AID AND BLS.

Let me just quote a previous reply here:

What did you say sir....?
I'm a common man of a third world country & it makes no sense to me.

We get to BLS/ACLS and First Aid and Emergency Responders much later along the path of social development. Till then, we will lose people just like this thread mentions. Sad.

Very unfortunate and disturbing!

Hi!
They have the chest guards of all types,the padded one & the hard ones with little padding material.

\/\/Here is a batsman wearing it.
Yousuf-hit-in-the-chest.jpg

But three factors govern that phenomenon you've mentioned.
1-Understanding the risks.
2-Money (a concern at the level of cricket academies).
3-Type of cricket and preference.

The first one is self explanatory.
Money matters a lot for a Pakistani youngster,when he's planning to buy his own gear.Most of them can't afford the whole kit.

We have three versions of the game.

>T-20 version.Fast and very entertaining.
>ODIs-each team has to play for 50 overs.
>Test matches-the real deal.5 days of cricket if the weather is suitable.

People generally prefer wearing a chest guard in test cricket.
In T-20s the usually have to play lot of shots so some of the batsmen do not prefer to use it.

What did you say sir....?
I'm a common man of a third world country & it makes no sense to me.

.___.

Thanks for the information, good insight. :tup:

Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return

inna lillahi wa innâ ilay-hi raji'oon

Inna lilla hai wa inna ellaihi raji'oon

May he rest in peace and May Allah give sabr to his family. May he be protected from the wrath of Grave and the hellfire and May Allah bless him

It is really sad to hear that

Rip. .
We should include killer bowler in the team. I heard that he is very fast and furious bowler .

What the heck is the ball made of? Chest protectors are needed if there are that many injuries.

What the heck is the ball made of? Chest protectors are needed if there are that many injuries.

The cricket ball has a cork core on top of which is a tightly wound string. Two leather hemispheres are then used to cover the string and then sewn at the centre line to create a raised seam. Believe me, that ball is as hard as Stone! I've had my fair share of injuries while playing Cricket.

Forget chest protectors, some batsmen don't even wear helmets while batting and some close-in fielders also forego any protection. :frown:

Here's a small preview.:tup:

Protection should be mandatory in all forms and levels of any sport.

Back
Top Bottom