What's new

Pakistan counters Taleban advance?

UAV's cant win this war, we have to fight it on the ground, yes we can start thinking about a new force, which can be seen in training in just 8 months, if we can give them at least the same sallary & benifits , what our pakarmy SOLDIER IS GETTING NOW?

Is this rumour simply just a rumour as of today? Question to the OP: Who told you about this?

I think Cluster bomb will take care of them all at once! Lets drop some.

Lets drop some Cluster bomb on their A@#. It will take care of them once it for all.

If this news is real, then i say crush these taliban's forever and make an example out of them, and also once we are done with them, i request army not to leave these areas again, this may give them a chance to regroup and fight against us once again.

Along side, in my view PAF-Afghan border should be heavily monitored or might also be sealed forever with only 1 or 2 crossings, thats it we had enough of this crap.:angry::smokin:

No Pakistani "major military op" expected by the U.S.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday Pakistan's government had abdicated to the Taliban by agreeing to Islamic law in part of the country and that the nuclear-armed nation posed a "mortal threat" to world security.

I am going to take this "news" with a spoon of salt.

Quite alot of salt that is.

In any case lets hope that Pakistani lives are not completely lost however these women beating fear mongering theives must be bought to justice one day.

Hope this thing happens soon as we are running out of time these talibans are getting bolder.

If PA does this operation...............
To what extent this operation will be?
What kind of equipment and arms will be used?
Will it also include air strikes?
If any one could help please.

Last edited:
Hope this thing happens soon as we are running out of time these talibans are getting bolder.If this is true.....
To what extent this operation will be?
What kind of equipment and arms will be used?
Will it also include air strikes?
If any one could help please.

Umm, you know i don't like to spoil tea parties, but there's no evidence for any of that..

The Taliban haven't become anymore bolder since the ideology crossed out of FATA. Their ideology has spread, and it's become more popular. That's all that has happened.

Major operation in the offing: Residents asked to leave Orakzai Agency

HANGU: Orakzai Agency residents have been warned to leave the area before a major military offensive against the Taliban, as army gunship helicopters and air force jets pounded the Taliban’s positions in the tribal agency on Wednesday, witnesses and officials said. The hideouts were targeted in the Ghaljo, Mohajir Camp and Garhi areas. Pamphlets saying “leave the area before April 24, as a major offensive against the Taliban will be launched” were dropped by helicopter in the areas targeted on Wednesday. abdul saboor khan

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

----------------

Nothing indicating action in Swat or Buner though.

An Op. in Orakzai would likely target Hakimullah Mehsud, who claimed responsibility for the recent bombing on the Army convoy.

Pakistan is in its most serious seciurity crises i think in its history, Balouchistan is hardley under control, NWFP anf FATA along with Swat valley is also largely under various groups control. Karachi is under threat now so the situation is not good. Many people play down the situation either through ingnorance or just not want to except the reality of the national crises. A home grown force made largely up of Pakistani's has beheade many brave Police/Military personnel and countless civilians. Pakistan has lost almost all of its international credibility and respect in recent months. The current governement under Zadari has no grasp on the situatuion at all. Whether a operation is mounted the truth is the Army, which for 50years has been trained and equipped for a conventional war has enjoyed few real victories over the current Insurgency. I love Pakistan and have been brought with most if not all my family in Pakistan in the Army and Navy so i am not putting them down as a fighting force. The truth is Pakistan was not prepared for an insurgency war as some ISI elements where thought to have control over them. Clearly that is no longer the case and the groups have turned against us as a people and a nation. The population as whole are still reluctant to admit that the Taliban and other groups are a serious threat pointing to India rather than except that we as a nation are as much to blame. Out side support is undeniable, but remember India is threat which Pakistan can and has succesfully kept at bay for 50+years now. India we will deal with as we always have done. But first we must rid the nation of these savages and rebuild the unity of the Nation so we can be stronger more united and dangerous when faceing outside threats such as India. Military action should have been never ceased in SWAT. However we must looki to US for assistance not just in much need materials, but their on going counter-insurgency exsperiance in order to better own efforts. I also agree with those this foroum that although the militarys part in the War in going to be great. The local Police and Para- military force ( FC Rangers etc) are the key to winning this war in the long term. Pakistan needs its Putin or strong un comprimiseing leader to restore the greatness of our nation.

Regards RS4

Wonder why Mushi stop the operation when army almost finishing the job and stand on roof of Mullah radio school Imamdhari. So, it means army wants to achieve something else behind closed doors ? ....Mullah wast just a one shot away. When Mushi pardon him and his men. But Raman Malik also told reporter today around 9000 hardcore militants are in Mullah militia. How come this thousands of foreigner accommodated in that region. Its not easy task to control over militia of 10,000 people...

Back
Top Bottom