What's new

Pakistan could turn into a transit trade hub

I feel you are missing a something chabhar port Iran, where India alone is planning to invest @35billion $, Iran's stability compared to problems in baloch, the Afghanistan support for Chabhar project, Russia and other post soviet countries also more near to India and Iran . Would have an affect
I think India is just a big mouth...Iran is finally recognising that..
PressTV-‘India’s time for Chabahar choice over’
Russia infact investing in pakistan alomost 2 $ billions in gas pipeline...

ou fail to understand..It is already success... go have a burnol plzzzzzz

How? Which road has opened? Which power plant is functional? Which railway line has been laid? Which factory based on the future supply of electricity has been started?

Which world do you live in?

China's only major foreign investment exposure so far has been sub-Saharan Africa. Not saying that it is nothing, but also not that much.

Look, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. But truly meaningful foreign investment comes in the form of direct investment where companies are set up and capitalized and then floated on the stock exchange. China is giving loans at 18% sovereign guarantee, and then siphoning off most of the money as payment for construction, labour and technical fees. Even the labour is being imported from China. Pakistan may get relief from power shortage, and some decent infrastructure. But it will be left holding a steep bill for that, IMO. Of course, something is better than nothing, but don't put all your eggs in the CPEC basket, all I am saying.

Pakistan has always been just on the brink of economic super-stardom. Unfortunately yet to materialize. There is always hope for the future, though.

Provide some details rather than random data. A source of all this information would be nice. I would rather trust analysis of worlds financial institutions rather than some run down analyst who know nothing about finance and economics.

Provide some details rather than random data. A source of all this information would be nice. I would rather trust analysis of worlds financial institutions rather than some run down analyst who know nothing about finance and economics.

Look, I cited various reports in my first post. Read them, that would help. Don't hold against me the fact that I para-phrase what they say. Beyond that you are free to believe what you want.

The announcement that is being referred to in the clipping cited by you has been made:

Decks cleared for India’s role in Iran’s Chabahar port - The Hindu

In addition to that, India is negotiating for setting up a Urea plant at Chabahar. The total outlay of investment in Chabahar by India is Rs. 1 lakh crore (almost $17 billion).

India to Invest Rs 1 Lakh Crore in Chabahar Port: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari

Look, I cited various reports in my first post. Read them, that would help. Don't hold against me the fact that I para-phrase what they say. Beyond that you are free to believe what you want.

The announcement that is being referred to in the clipping cited by you has been made:

Decks cleared for India’s role in Iran’s Chabahar port - The Hindu

In addition to that, India is negotiating for setting up a Urea plant at Chabahar. The total outlay of investment in Chabahar by India is Rs. 1 lakh crore (almost $17 billion).

India to Invest Rs 1 Lakh Crore in Chabahar Port: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari
India is announcing many things for a long time.. But reality is as far as any human reaches to sun physically...

So some roads are being inaugurated somewhere in Pakistan, and it has what to do with CPEC? Random....
Don't just be in hurry to reply a message..Instead first have a look into it..
All the videos are related to CPEC..:hitwall:

Look if something not feels music to your ears don't reject it as I dont believe it , be realistic on this forum. Already there is talks going on where Iran is offering Gas at 2.95$ per mmbtu and India is offering 1.5$ only, even India accepts there price still its more then 50% lower then average Indian Import price.

Look if something not feels music to your ears don't reject it as I dont believe it , be realistic on this forum. Already there is talks going on where Iran is offering Gas at 2.95$ per mmbtu and India is offering 1.5$ only, even India accepts there price still its more then 50% lower then average Indian Import price.
Sapne dekhne ki aazadi sabko hai...
Talks is going on since from 90's.. No progress....Jab ho jaaye toh batana.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

India has probably not invested in Chabahar because Iranian regime has been hostile to America, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Israel. Any time Iran improves relations with these countries India would have no problem developing it. It takes 3-5 years to build the port and the transport links to Central Asia. With Iran we can bypass Afghanistan to access Central Asia.

Russia is building a pipeline from Karachi to Punjab. In India we build those pipelines on our own.

ISLAMABAD: Hard on the heels of a recent trans-Pacific trade pact involving the US, Japan and 10 other countries, the South and Central Asia are making strides in the search for regional integration.

This partnership between the two close regions will lead to economic development in many countries, especially Pakistan, which may turn into a transit trade hub. Tajikistan, on the other side, is emerging as a gateway between the South and Central Asian nations and is working with Pakistan on developing economic and transit trade corridors.

During a visit to Pakistan in the middle of this month, Tajikistan President Emomali Rahmon praised the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), insisting the project would facilitate economic and trade links between Pakistan and Tajikistan as well as other Central Asian states.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, on his part, made an offer to Tajikistan to use Pakistan’s seaports for imports and exports as these provide the shortest route for movement of goods.

Pakistan is working with Central Asia on two energy projects – one with Turkmenistan for gas import and another with Tajikistan for electricity purchase.

Beijing also wants to reach Central Asia through the CPEC. As Afghanistan is not willing, China and Pakistan are working on an alternative route – the Quadrilateral Agreement on Traffic in Transit. This route will deprive Afghanistan of an opportunity to cash in on the benefits that will emerge from the CPEC.

Before the agreement on the $46-billion CPEC, Pakistan gave control of Gwadar Port to a Chinese company for developing and running the facility. China also plans to establish an oil refinery at the port.

source:Pakistan could turn into a transit trade hub - The Express Tribune

Look at the map - why would Russia and China trade with Central Asia via the CPEC ? They have direct access
Trade with Central Asia is possible only if you unwind your little wars in Afghanistan. Practically all Afghan trade is through Pakistan.

Sapne dekhne ki aazadi sabko hai...
Talks is going on since from 90's.. No progress....Jab ho jaaye toh batana.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sapne dekhne ki azaadi nahin hoti toh kya tum CPEC ke bharose baithe hote?

Any sane person would realize that China lending money at 18% sovereign guarantee will spell disaster, let alone make Pakistan into an economic powerhouse. But does that stop you from dreaming?

:pakistan:

India is announcing many things for a long time.. But reality is as far as any human reaches to sun physically...

Don't just be in hurry to reply a message..Instead first have a look into it..
All the videos are related to CPEC..:hitwall:

You talk of a $2 billion pipeline as if it is a big deal. Such projects are undertaken on an annual basis by Indian companies such as Reliance, Cairn Energy and ONGC.

Beta doodh ke daant gire nahi chal diye takkar lene.

You name any topic and I mean any topic and you can find a list of article on pros and cons. I can actually find something about people who post useless google links

The conversation on the thread has moved on...you should try and catch up.

Sapne dekhne ki azaadi nahin hoti toh kya tum CPEC ke bharose baithe hote?

Any sane person would realize that China lending money at 18% sovereign guarantee will spell disaster, let alone make Pakistan into an economic powerhouse. But does that stop you from dreaming?

:pakistan:

You talk of a $2 billion pipeline as if it is a big deal. Such projects are undertaken on an annual basis by Indian companies such as Reliance, Cairn Energy and ONGC.

Beta doodh ke daant gire nahi chal diye takkar lene.
Ohh no.. Sirji aap toh bura maan gaye...
What we are dealing with china is our interest...Modiji sare desh mein ja ja ker bikh kyon mang rahe hai.. phir agar app itte amir ho to..
Reliance, Cairn Energy and ONGC se hi le lete..:rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom