What's new

Pakistan conducted successful flight test of Air Launched Cruise Missile “Ra’ad-II”.

I think JH7 is now an even more mouthwatering prospect :cheesy:as a carrier of such systems.

I think KEPD 350 is based on a SA system!

No the JH7B is new development that is undergoing final tests. It should have many structural improvements but not sure about the power plant upgrade.
JH-7 B has been cancelled. It's not in trials. It was cancelled for J-16

Defence News quoted Mansoor Ahmed, a Pakistan strategic analyst, as saying the Ra'ad-II was "Pakistan’s answer to India’s development of the Nirbhay cruise missile".

........Indian journalism again. Nirbhay is a failing attempt to answer Pakistani cruise missiles which have been in service for years.

Pakistan's ability to hit targets in India has been largely limited to its fleet of ballistic missiles, the use of which could be considered a massive escalation in the event of even a non-nuclear conflict.

So Babur I, II, III and Ra'ad I were planning on sitting it out?

Moreover, cruise missiles, which fly in the atmosphere like an jet airplane, are more accurate than ballistic missiles in hitting ground targets.

Why AWACS want to close in to enemy fighter, PL-15 has range of 150-200 km, ZDK-3 can easily guide PL-15 to its Extreme range

That might not be the best idea. Firstly, no one wants to launch A2A missiles at their max ranges, it decreases the probability of kill substantially. Secondly, 200 km is still pretty close in for an AWACS, we want them to stay as far away from any skirmishes as possible. What if one of the enemy's slips through? Thirdly, its better to leave the AWACS to focus on their primary job which is exponentially more important than downing a bird or two. Trying to down an enemy aircraft will surely reduce their capacity of performing their primary task to the best of their ability. Fourthly, the slower speeds and lower altitudes that AWACs operate at will decrease the max range of the PL-15.

I never liked the orange color tho. Looks like a sausage if you ask me, they should give it a silver/grey/black color similar to SOM of Turkey

We saw this example back in 2008.

5JNTTP3YBZFUFE7XGTY7IFN4L4.jpg

That’s what the solid rocket booster does for Babur. Takes it to altitude and help it achieve high speed before the jet motor kicks in.

For reference, please check Tomahawk range.

The boost phase doesn't really take it anywhere near those altitudes or those cruise speeds. Note in the first video where it levels out. The second video shows the moment when the booster is separated.

[/QUOTE]

Someone please tell that expert that missile tests aren't always conducted with live warheads. "The warhead bounced off and then exploded"......must be made from Vibranium, naughty Pakistanis smuggling it out of Wakanda again. The explosion that we saw was the leftover fuel igniting. Babur III as an example,

Last edited:
Someone please tell that expert that the missile tests aren't exactly conducted with live warheads. The explosion that he saw was the leftover fuel igniting.
The Indian 'analysts' will always find something to whine and complain about when it comes to Pakistan.

The explosion was weird, the flight profile was weird!

Why was it launched from an airplane?!

Why did the missile not fly backwards?! All Chinese missiles fly forwards which means this is 'Cheeni Maal'!

Ha! Pakistani Lies busted"

The Indian 'analysts' will always find something to whine and complain about when it comes to Pakistan.

The explosion was weird, the flight profile was weird!

Why was it launched from an airplane?!

Why did the missile not fly backwards?! All Chinese missiles fly forwards which means this is 'Cheeni Maal'!

Ha! Pakistani Lies busted"

And then suddenly, just like that, all our weapons were rendered useless. Just don't go boom no more.

Last edited:
Ra'ad II range covers ND. Eventually Pakistan will have LACM range to cover all of India iA.
I think the bigger impact is the possibility of deploying the Ra'ad series from the JF-17 -- the PAF would have many more launch platforms at its disposal for SOW/ALCM/AShM. That said, I do think a 1,000+ km ALCM will eventually come, especially if AWC is making headway in flight control, fuel management, and composites.

I would be as interested in seeing if Pakistan could come up with EW-equipped decoys and loyal wingman drones by leveraging the Ra'ad-II and AvRID's target drone programs. Even Integrated Dynamics is working on a larger next-generation target drone. We're getting closer.

So, in lieu of an off-the-shelf 4+/4.5-gen fighter, we could start investing in asymmetry in the air through drones. Not only would this make the JF-17 the lowest cost network+drone integration fighter with on the market, but it'd give a next-gen infrastructure for Project AZM to blend into right away.

The final step to all this would be a larger stealthy UAV (perhaps with AZM's technology) for high-risk deep-strike missions. Combined with drones and SOW/ALCMs, this capability would give the PAF immense flexibility.

A heavy duty bomber carrying many of these beasts under her belly would be a sight to behold. One sortie would be enough to raise the whole new Delhi south block to ground.

One thing I keep on emphasising. Pakistani planners need to test these weapons with some HE explosives. Optics are very important in this day and age, adds to power projection. Need to up our game, and stop testing without warheads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom