What's new

Pakistan conducted successful flight test of Air Launched Cruise Missile “Ra’ad-II”.

Actually it would be GREAT NEWS IF this air cruise launched missile IS INTEGRATED into Akinci heavy mission drone
For those who question whether it is possible let me tell you it is because already turkish air launched cruise missile called som will be intergrated so adding another one is no problem for Baykar Makina-the company behind this GAME CHANGER drone
S400 is finished only toilet air defense can counter RAAD II and SOM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
They already have SOM though non-nuclear....somehow our Turkish brothers are more advance in tech but again it takes some time.

@MastanKhan approves oonch as well as neech of range. That is a basic scientific rule :-)

I never liked the orange color tho. Looks like a sausage if you ask me, they should give it a silver/grey/black color similar to SOM of Turkey

The orange color is probably only used for visibility and a test prototype. I have seen Babur missiles in camo.

Babur_aa.jpg

You know the test prototype of this missile are also orange and white.

The pictures are grainy, but first impression is definitely that the missile looks sleeker compared to bulkier Ra'ad I. Looks like aerodynamics got improved drastically. This makes sense if it is going to be integrated with JF-17. A lethal combo. JF-17 is already getting a massive upgrade due to Block 3. With such additional improvements the JF-17 is a different animal all together.

These upgrades is what sets our JF-17 apart from others. It is a true multirole fighter. Such weapons upgrades also add more teeth to our existing platforms.

Last edited:
Alhamdulillah....excellent news....the range of Raad 2 has increased considerably.

A saturation of Raad ALCM fired on enemy positions, at least 600km away from the target - Will considerably erode any advantage that the Indian Armed forces currently posses. It can potentially nullify the Russian S400 missiles that India has ordered. A Saturation strike on key locations of S400 or other strategic missiles can render Indian defences obsolete.

Once key targets of the supporting items for S400 (radars or different supporting vehicles) have been hit...then gaps will emerge in its defence ability. 1 or 2 key items taken will considerably reduce the effectiveness of S400 systems - Albeit cheapley taken out.

Pakistan's current economic position and the 5th generation warfare implemented against it...requires astute reflection and best mechanisms to deny or erode enemy capabilities.

The 50 years old Mirages (with the excellent service by PAC) has made this aircraft still worthy for conducting these kind strike/attack missions. Due to financial constraints, more spares or examples need to be purchased in the interim (until economy improves so that more modern items can be purchased or developed).

More F-7PG's need to bought at a cheap price and upgraded to handle BVR missiles (similar it IAF Bisons).

Increasing number of JF-17 Thunders will take time....block 3 numbers need to increase gradually (total number 250-300) in the long run.

F-16s numbers need to increase (if feasible)..I.e for spare parts and upgrade.

All this will be an interim measure until Pakistan's 5th generation aircraft eventually come into service.

Pakistan Also needs to upgrade existing AWACS and Electronic Warfare aircraft. The numbers of Electronic Warfare aircraft need to increase substantially.

The network centric Warfare of Pakistan needs to increase...so that it can continue to 'surprise it's enemies

There’s a need to focus on supersonic and hypersonic delivery systems as well; else, Pakistan becomes a one trick pony with its collection of subsonic cruisers

why would they make a missile that cannot be carried by half their fleet?

PAF would !!!! It would not suprise me.. Not always the most strategic of thinkers!!! That is why they had to redesign it now with the new tail wings so that it could fit onto something different!

Last edited:
Notice the new X-tail configuration, meaning better clearance for JFT :)
yaap I also felt some difference in tail section but waiting for clear pics .....

I believe Ra'ad II was unveiled back in 2017 on March 23rd. It didn't have an X-tail then.

Raad-II-02-PTV-692x360.png

Did they change the missile drastically or is it because of the poor quality of the video?

Old T shaped tail vs new X-tail. Better compact design may make it easier to integrate on JFT.

View attachment 606945

View attachment 606946

Does seem like they might've changed it.

I believe Ra'ad II was unveiled back in 2017 on March 23rd. It didn't have an X-tail then.

Raad-II-02-PTV-692x360.png

Did they change the missile drastically or is it because of the poor quality of the video?

Does seem like they might've changed it.

More likely they just used Raad 1 as they didn't want to reveal the prototype of Raad 2, nuff said.

More likely they just used Raad 1 as they didn't want to reveal the prototype of Raad 2, nuff said.

Could very well be. Would be less than wise, but I wouldn't put it past us.

Last edited:
South block in New Delhi and Doval office can be easily targeted with precision, avioding collateral damage, while flying deep inside Pakistani airspace.

Good point!!! that didnot occur to me until you said. It is a deterrence for Modi, with a personal promise to ram it up his arse for sure!

The orange color is probably only used for visibility and a test prototype. I have seen Babur missiles in camo.

Babur_aa.jpg

You know the test prototype of this missile are also orange and white.

The pictures are grainy, but first impression is definitely that the missile looks sleeker compared to bulkier Ra'ad I. Looks like aerodynamics got improved drastically. This makes sense if it is going to be integrated with JF-17. A lethal combo. JF-17 is already getting a massive upgrade due to Block 3. With such additional improvements the JF-17 is a different animal all together.

These upgrades is what sets our JF-17 apart from others. It is a true multirole fighter. Such weapons upgrades also add more teeth to our existing platforms.
Doesn’t look slimmer tho, actually more bulkier if you ask me

Back
Top Bottom