What's new

Pakistan coach Woolmer dies

Simplest thing is probably correct...

The injury on the neck could be due to a fall. A strangulation is easily identified and not inconclusive.

He already had a heart condition and throat/lungs problem which lead to the choking and a simultaneous heart attack (the heart attack was probably a result of panic). He was also found lying on his faeces, meaning he was in the bathroom doing his thing.

If there was an assault he wouldn't be using the WC in the middle of it all. Pakistan should recall all the players back just to be on the safe side. One can really doubt the competency of the Jamaican police.

It's libel in print form not slander ..........And printing things from Jamaican papers and Indian papers hardly constitutes "truth". And if someone disagrees with this "truth", it does not make it a cover up. Sheeesh people use Occam's razor occasionally.:disagree:

Police confirm that Woolmer was strangled

Friday, March 23, 2007

Blog this story

Kingston (Jamaica): Ending all speculation, the Jamaican police has confirmed that Pakistan cricket coacb Bob Woolmer was strangled to death but questions still remain as to who was behind it and what was the motive.

Two days after saying that they treated the death in the hotel room of the 58-year-old Englishman as 'suspicious', the Jamaican Police issued a statement saying, "The official report from the pathologist states that Mr. Woolmer's death was due to asphyxia as a result of manual strangulation. In these circumstances, the matter of Mr. Woolmer's death is now being treated by the Jamaican police as murder."

Addressing a press conference flanked by ICC Chief Executive Malcolm Speed and Pakistan Media Manager Pervez Mir, Deputy Commissioner of Jamaican Police Mark Shields said, "Bob was a large man and it would have taken some significant force to subdue him. At this stage, we don't know how many people were there in the room. It could be one or more people involved in the murder."

He also made it clear that the Pakistani players were not being stopped from leaving Jamaica and said both the ICC and Pakistan cricket team had given given an assurance that the cricketers would fully co-operate in the investigation whether they are in Pakistan or in the Caribbean.

Police yesterday took fingerprints of the Pakistani players apart from questioning them.

Jamaican Police have also set up two hotlines for anyone to give information that could lead to cracking of the murder.

http://content.msn.co.in/News/International/InternationalPTI_230307_0900

Bob media say bhi naraz tha ,us na kaha tha kay media her baat ko barha charha kar samnay latein hain ,bob nay kaha tha kay media ko players ki himmat barhani chahiye.
or aglay din us ka Qatal ho gaya . A very shocking news for cricket and pakistani team ...

Okay. It is murder. Confirmed by the Police Press Conference.

Whodunnit?
A. Disgruntled Fans
B. Bookies
C. Mafia

Whodunnit?
A. Disgruntled Fans
B. Bookies
C. Mafia
D. A player who was going to be exposed by Woolmer

Bob Woolmer's murder: Cops arrest one

Friday, March 23, 2007

Blog this story

Jamaica: Within hours of having addressed a press conference on Bob Woolmer's murder, the Jamaican police have swung into action and arrested a person in connection with the case.

They are currently questioning the suspect and may be in a position to disclose who was responsible for Woolmer's death in the next few hours.

This information was given to NDTV by Hamid Mir, CEO of GEO TV.

Mir's information seems to definitely lend credence to the theory that match-fixing and bookies are at the heart of this murder.

This is because Woolmer was writing two books, which allegedly contained information that could have been potentially damaging.

However, this theory is being rubbished by two men who were involved in the book in some way.

Tim Noakes, who was one of the co-authors, said the manuscript did not touch on match-fixing. He said there was no truth in the story because nobody could have known what was in the book.

Manuscript row:

This, of course, is now highly debatable since Woolmer had the manuscript with him in Jamaica and was upset over a few pages going missing.

Now, the entire manuscript is said to have vanished. Noakes goes on to say that the only secret Bob was revealing in the book was how to coach cricketers properly.

To confuse matters further, an earlier statement from Woolmer's family had said that the book was based on Woolmer's experiences and philosophies as a coach and that the final manuscript only reached the West Indies a day after the former Pakistan coach died.

Meanwhile, Ivo Tennant, who was ghost writing the 58-year-old's autobiography, told a London-based newspaper there was "nothing incriminating" in the manuscript.

It was in the early stages, but match-fixing was never mentioned and as far as he knew, there were no plans to do so.

According to the police, it would have taken effort to strangle a large man like Woolmer. So they believe there is a possibility of more than one person having been there in the room.

However, the police said it was too early to say why Woolmer was murdered.

Under suspicion:

As the authorities get on a more rigourous and faster course of investigation into Woolmer's murder, nothing is being ruled out.

Pegasus Hotel, where the Pakistani cricket team and Woolmer were staying, needs punch-in cards to access rooms, suggesting that someone known to the team and the coach could have accessed the room.

The Pakistani team and Woolmer were staying on the same floor and reports suggest that the assailant could also be staying on the same floor as Woolmer's.

Meanwhile, NDTV spoke to Pakistan team member Danish Kaneria, who was staying in the room next to Woolmer in the hotel.

He's the only Pakistani player to speak to the media about the murder.

"I did not hear any noises coming out of Woolmer's room," he said.

The question that is puzzling investigators is how Danish Kaneria did not hear anything even as Woolmer was perhaps involved in a struggle of some sort.

According to reports, Paul Condon, who is with ICC's corruption unit, will assist in the probe.

Mushtaq, Inzamam questioned the most: Geo TV

Friday, March 23, 2007

Blog this story

New Delhi Pakistan cricket captain Inzamam-ul Haq and assistant coach Mushtaq Ahmed were subjected to a "long questioning" by the Jamaican Police investigating the sensational murder of coach Bob Woolmer, a leading Pakistani channel reported on Friday.

Inzamam and Mushtaq were questioned the longest as they were the ones who interacted with Woolmer the most because of their positions in the team, Geo TV said. The television channel also claimed that the Jamaican Police had already arrested a man in connection with Woolmer's death which the police are treating as a case of murder.

The Jamaican Police would disclose the name of the person in the next eight to ten hours.The report claimed that the person, who was not a native of Jamaica, was in touch with the members of the Pakistan, Sri Lankan and Indian teams.

Meanwhile, Geo TV's CEO Hamid Mir told NDTV that the man was a frequent visitor of Woolmer and he was in contact with many members of the Pakistan team. Asked why the channel was discussing the names of Inzamam and Mushtaq, he said "we are not discussing these two persons as prime culprits or involved in fixing".

"I think these two people are important because one is the captain and the other is the assistant coach, and they had some kind of an argument with Woolmer on Friday when the coach pushed them for net practice and they went outside the ground".

Mir said some Pakistan cricketers were asked questions about their links with this man. "The players are disturbed, confused and said they don't know this person. But Police is of the view that this man was in contact with several cricket teams".

© Copyright 2006 PTI. All rights reserved.

|Wolrd Cup 2007: Recap| |Scorecard|
|Fixtures| |Squads| |Trump cards| |Points Tally|

It's libel in print form not slander ..........And printing things from Jamaican papers and Indian papers hardly constitutes "truth". And if someone disagrees with this "truth", it does not make it a cover up. Sheeesh people use Occam's razor occasionally.:disagree:

Read the papers today mate. Another black mark for you Pakistanis.

Whodunnit?
A. Disgruntled Fans
B. Bookies
C. Mafia

A bookie who walked in with a player.

Friday, 23 March 2007

Pybus fears Pakistan backlash
By Simon Austin

People must be very careful about stone throwing at Pakistani cricket

People should not 'throw stones' at Pakistani cricket following Bob Woolmer's murder, says their former coach Richard Pybus.

Pybus, who was in charge from 1999 to 2001 and again in 2003, told BBC Sport: "People must be very sensitive about this not becoming anti-Pakistani.

"That's way too soft a target and I don't think Bob would have wanted that.

"It must not become an issue about Pakistan people or cricket. There are fabulous people involved out there."

The 42-year-old, who takes over as Middlesex coach this summer, added: "People must be very careful about this becoming a stone-throwing exercise at Pakistani cricket.

"I learnt a tremendous amount about the game and Pakistani culture during my time in charge. I gained a great deal from it."

PAPERS ON PAKISTAN
It is a tragedy, but one you could not see befalling any other team but Pakistan.

Derek Pringle (Daily Telegraph)

The challenge of Pakistan cricket is one facing no other nation

Mike Selvey (The Guardian)

Whatever the rumours, conspiracy theories or sheer lies...Woolmer would almost certainly still be alive if he had not taken on the job of Pakistan coach

John Etheridge (The Sun)

Woolmer was found unconscious in his hotel room on Sunday following Pakistan's shock World Cup defeat by Ireland.

Jamaican police subsequently revealed that the 58-year-old had been murdered and rumour has been rife that his death could be linked to match-fixing.

Pybus, the first foreign coach of Pakistan, says he saw no evidence of fixing during his time in charge.

"I wasn't privy to anything with regards to sides underperforming or guys being influenced.

"I would hate to think it happened while I was coach. If it had been, I'm sure I would have known about it because the manager would have brought it to my attention.

"But on the other hand I would be naive to presume that world cricket was completely squeaky clean," he said.

Pybus believes the job of Pakistan coach is arguably more demanding than any other role in the game.

"There are a lot of challenges, with logistics, administration and things outside the sport," he said.

"There's a tremendous capacity to sabotage goals from within the team. It makes it difficult to do consistent planning. As a coach you want to be strategising, not dealing with outside matters. It's an incredibly volatile environment."

But he added: "It can be a very rewarding job. There are some fabulous cricketers and administrators in Pakistan."

Pybus says he believes Woolmer and captain Inzamam-ul-Haq presided over the most successful period in the history of Pakistan cricket.

They reached third in both the one-day and Test rankings and achieved rare stability.

But he says "things went a bit pear shaped with the saga at the Oval", when the players refused to go back onto the pitch during a Test against England last year after being accused of ball tampering by umpire Daryl Hair.

Pakistan players Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif then tested positive for steroids at the end of last year.

"There is a cumulative build up of stress on a coach of Pakistan and I can imagine it was the same for Bob, particularly after the Oval," Pybus said. "But I'm sure the level of success he had would have been reward for that, tempered by a poor performance at this World Cup."

Pybus also paid tribute to Woolmer for helping him early on in his coaching career.

Bob saw a young coach coming through and kept an eye out for me

Richard Pybus

When Pybus was starting out as a coach in the late 1990s, Woolmer was in charge of South Africa.

"He looked out for me and was very kind," Pybus said. "He saw a young coach coming through and kept an eye out for me.

"I am incredibly grateful to him. When I didn't have a coaching post, he tried to set something up for me and then invited me to do some coaching with the national team to keep me occupied.

"It was real kindness. I was a student observing an elite coach. As far as international coaches are concerned, he was right up there.

"He was always up to speed with developments in other sports and other walks of life.

"He was also a fine man-manager - he couldn't have had the level of success he did without being one.

"Cricket has lost a great coach and a great man."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/6485549.stm

Whodunnit?
A. Disgruntled Fans
B. Bookies
C. Mafia

F. Indian player. :D

Read the papers today mate. Another black mark for you Pakistanis.

Naaah I think it is a black mark for the person who committed the murder rather than for Pakistan.

Hey! It could even be a Indian betting type who held a grudge after the South Africa thing! (since we are all coming out with silly conspiracies

Naaah I think it is a black mark for the person who committed the murder rather than for Pakistan.

Hey! It could even be a Indian betting type who held a grudge after the South Africa thing! (since we are all coming out with silly conspiracies

How about Sachin Tendulkar killed Woolmer, all these fucks indian and pakistani's and even more are in match fixing.

How about Sachin Tendulkar killed Woolmer, all these fucks indian and pakistani's and even more are in match fixing.

Yes possibly BTW Adux where have you been the last few days???? I have a few suspicions........:police:

Back
Top Bottom