What's new

Pakistan China Defence Production Updates

There's Pakistan military sites you are just bring romurs there's no further variation of HQ 16 but only ly80

@farooqbhai007 also reported extended ranged version of it. It’s probably the 70km ranged BE variant.
RkoNPJ7xQnCZtOq4dUqT0Q.jpg

Last edited:
What we need to move towards is active radar guided system for better simultaneous engagements. Hope that GIDS system is not a vaporware.
its a step in the right direction- though admittedly, ive been out of touch for a while and from what i saw last, the fighter aesa team was disbanded and assigned different tasks and that project stalled, the GBAD Radars are likely a few years out

its a step in the right direction- though admittedly, ive been out of touch for a while and from what i saw last, the fighter aesa team was disbanded and assigned different tasks and that project stalled, the GBAD Radars are likely a few years out
This is just gut wrenching. We are a bunch nihilists that stall, stop and disrupt our own progress. This is catastrophic.

This is just gut wrenching. We are a bunch nihilists that stall, stop and disrupt our own progress. This is catastrophic.
yeah the team lead also left Pakistan after being shifted to block 3 rf stuff then packed his bags and left. he was very, very skilled and experienced

yeah the team lead also left Pakistan after being shifted to block 3 rf stuff then packed his bags and left. he was very, very skilled and experienced
What are the core issues the defence industry faces?

Seems like it's a mix of three primary issues:

-Lack of skilled and competent manpower

- Lack of experienced & knowledgeable project leaders and managers

- Lack of resources and full establishment backing

Why do I get the feeling that these organisations are being run by barely knowledgeable narcissists, like some poorly run babbu set-up which is incredibly toxic to everyone

Pakistan. A story of what ifs. I can’t tell you how heart breaking this is, but then we all are.

What are the core issues the defence industry faces?

Seems like it's a mix of three primary issues:

-Lack of skilled and competent manpower

- Lack of experienced & knowledgeable project leaders and managers

- Lack of resources and full establishment backing

Why do I get the feeling that these organisations are being run by barely knowledgeable narcissists, like some poorly run babbu set-up which is incredibly toxic to everyone
All of the above are fixable. The never ending hunger for the gravy train isn’t. As you can see the airborne radar was canceled near completion. Meaning it’s not the lack of right manpower or bad program management, the program was a success. This is just pure sabotage.

Last edited:
your feeling is correct. Why would anyone want to work in such an environment? Engineers are always going to be in demand, he was very skilled, someone else probably paid and treated him better in a place with real progression

@farooqbhai007 also reported extended ranged version of it. It’s probably the 70km ranged BE variant.
RkoNPJ7xQnCZtOq4dUqT0Q.jpg
Not exactly. As i have stated before this document is outdated since as of 2022 the Chinese were no longer selling the HQ16A (40) anymore. Instead HQ16B (70) had become the new base line LY80 variant.
So that would mean LY80 ER variant would fall in line with the HQ16FE which was unveiled around that time.

Additionally I said PA had acquired HQ16FE as LY80EV purely based on visual differences in the TELs b/w HQ16 A/B/F variants.
Screenshot_20231029-115719.png

Not exactly. As i have stated before this document is outdated since as of 2022 the Chinese were no longer selling the HQ16A (40) anymore. Instead HQ16B (70) had become the new base line LY80 variant.
So that would mean LY80 ER variant would fall in line with the HQ16FE which was unveiled around that time.

Additionally I said PA had acquired HQ16FE as LY80EV purely based on visual differences in the TELs b/w HQ16 A/B/F variants.
View attachment 966276
So basically it’s a HIMAD system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom