What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on a note; 54 are in active service with having two variants. One being RF-4E and the other one Israeli upgraded F-4 2020 Terminator. They support 239 F-16C/D CCIP/Block 50/50+ with reconnaissance and ground attack roles. They'll be phased out by 2015-2020 with the upcoming 100+16 F-35A/B orders. The first squadron to operate F35As will be 171th "Korsan" (Pirate) FİLO whom are currently flying with F-4 2020, they'll get the first two aircraft at 2015. Thank to God we'll get rid of them :)

Offtopic but, a direct leap from F-4 to F-35? Wouldn't it better, some F-16 squadron converts to F-35 and then convert F-4 squadron to F-16 and phase out F-4?

Interesting, I see some MLU upgrade done on F16A/B, how come they can't be under Block 40 standards?

I hope PAF will upgrade it again.

Block 40 requires for C and D variants of Viper

They have been through MLU plus have many years of life left in them , and again they will be used for ADF roles so not a bad deal for us period .
Yes, not a bad deal for us.. but not a bad deal for Jordan either. Them being beat is just their being "left alone" for a customer by Jordan. They might get a fresh coat of paint soon.

i think this deal is not good for Pakistan
Pakistan needs air superiority fighter.....Pakistan already has many F-16s and JF-17 considered to be like F-16
So Pakistan needs aircraft like Typhoon for example
I like the best for Pakistan :-):pakistan:

Offtopic but, a direct leap from F-4 to F-35? Wouldn't it better, some F-16 squadron converts to F-35 and then convert F-4 squadron to F-16 and phase out F-4?

I don't know. In fact, if you remember the jet downed by Syria. They were also from the 171th. Due to recent events all combat squadrons are at highest readiness level right now except for the 171th which is demobilized. Thus, Malatya AJÜ (HQ of them) has reported that the Squadron is ready for transformation.

Pakistan Airforce should save some money. IMO J31 if improved with Chinese engine, that one will be great choice.

i think this deal is not good for Pakistan
Pakistan needs air superiority fighter.....Pakistan already has many F-16s and JF-17 considered to be like F-16
So Pakistan needs aircraft like Typhoon for example
I like the best for Pakistan :-):pakistan:

Thanks bro but for next 5-7 years we need to focus on economy without indulging in expensive weapons deals. Once our economy is strong then we can buy typhoons or similar aircrafts.

Thanks bro but for next 5-7 years we need to focus on economy without indulging in expensive weapons deals. Once our economy is strong then we can buy typhoons or similar aircrafts.
That is good plan....
and also you have the nuclear shield and that is very good you can overcome gaps in other weapons

If I am not wrong Jordanian vipers were already MLU upgraded by TAI.

The MLU was carried out on the Peace Falcon II Purchase. These aircraft are from Peace Falcon-I mostly and of 2sq RJAF(which may be put on cold status till a new platform arrives to take its place or F-16s from other squadrons are assigned to it)

2sq RJAF had 14 airframes assigned to it from 220 to 235 but 224 crashed in 2008 leaving 13 airframes which are now the PAF's.

Interesting, I see some MLU upgrade done on F16A/B, how come they can't be under Block 40 standards?

I hope PAF will upgrade it again.
Block 40 requires for C and D variants of Viper

Block 40 is a vague descriptor. Block 40 may mean structural standards, avionics standards.. etc. In terms of structure, the Peace Falcon-I articles are capable of mounting the latest engine which is the PW-220E. In terms of avionics they are essentially Block-15s and not MLUs. A MLU may be performed on them using the same process from TAI as those from Peace Falcon-II.

Ah I see. It make sense now, these F-16 Block 15A/B MLU will be inducted to PAF, that's it. I don't know why these deals are excellent but not bad.

Jordan's history trade F16s with some countries.
Royal Jordanian Air Force F-16s

These are F-16 Block 15 ADFs.. they have been MLU'ed but that standard of MLU is old and essentially out of date. It does allow them however the ability to use the AIM-120 AMRAAM which makes them potent Air Defence aircraft.

Still, If I am to understand the PAF's idea.. these airframe may be MLU'ed again through TAI to bring them up to the current PAF MLU standard or they may be left as they are. 13 aircraft are insufficient to form a new squadron so it is possible.

The PAF had 32 F-16s left over from Peace Gate-I&II .. Since then it received 12 F-16 A/Bs(some in MLU and some not) from its Peace Gate III & IV order of which 11 are left after 1 crashed in 2008. That gives it 43 F-16 A/B(MLU).. add to that the 18 Block-52..which makes it 61 and now the 13 RJAF F-16ADF which makes it 74 aircraft.

Now both 5, 9 and 11 sqs have 18 F-16s each. An option may be taken to beef up 9 and 11 sq with 6 and 7 F-16s to beef their strength or somehow 5 other F-16s have to be found to form a squadron.

So @Oscar did we figure out how weapons are getting transferred via jordan in a hush hush way:)

First cobras, now F-solas...

So @Oscar did we figure out how weapons are getting transferred via jordan in a hush hush way:)

No hush hush required, Jordan is pentagons back office.

i think paf should ask nawaz to convince saudis to pay for 18 optional blk52s...that will be a great deal.

Next one would be AIM-9X and if we still remain lucky, MLRS

Most probably, we get those weapon by exploiting a loophole which is M-NNR does not require congress approval. Presidential is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom