What's new

Pakistan blocks NATO supplies

I don't think Pakistan has that choice, unfortunately.

Things will cool, some carrots/dollars will be shown, Salala will be buried and supplies will start.

its straight foword question.
should pakistan resume supplies if US apologise and decides to respect Pakistan sovereignty (however unlikly it may be) ?
we all know that the argument that NATO supplies halting will stop terrorism doesn't work as TTP is not interested in Afghanistan its interested in Pakistan.

I am aware of the irony of what I am going to write as i write but

the question needs to be asked, WILL RESTORING NATO SUPPLIES RETURN 24 LIVES OR PRESTIGE TO PAKISTAN ?

If they don't help in that cause, then no use to do favors to others.

I don't think Pakistan has that choice, unfortunately.

Things will cool, some carrots/dollars will be shown, Salala will be buried and supplies will start.
Something in parallel to Kasab Conundrum....right. ?? :cheers:

Seriously, does Pakistan has a choice ? It has neither the will nor the stomach to resist NATO pressure on a medium-long term basis. NATO will throw some chump-change around and simply say "Open Sesame" and Salala will be history.
I think for the past six weeks, Pakistan has shown both the will and stomach in putting the NATO on the back foot. Unlike some in the neighbourhood, we tend to not play politics over our dead, hence you don't see all the Drama Queen display that you accustomed to(apparent in the wordings). More than the incompetent government, it's the goods transporters who are in no mood to resume the supply.

No, Pakistan should not resume NATO supplies.
Nuke Miran Shah and Wazirastan. Kill all bloody terrorists and illegal Immigrants.
Problem Solved.
what a peaceful solution!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are pathetic

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

drones are in the sky again deal has been settled in a trip of gen pasha to centcom supply will resume soon
every thing is ok

I don't think Obama will apologize he did not order the strike on Salala check post. Yes it is possible some senior general might accept the mistake if and only if their investigation concludes that it was all their fault. On the contrary if the investigation reveals that Pakistani check post started the fire on the ISAF helicopter and in the retaliation 24 soldiers died, it will be Pakistani army which will have to apologize. I guess their investigation might be a little biased and blame it all on Pakistani army. If that happens Pakistan will have no options but to resume the supplies.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

One more thing Pakistan must understand, that Pakistan is signatory to the UN resolution and is bound to allow access route to the supplies to the forces in Afghanistan. If Pakistan does not resume these supplies, UN might take action and put heavy sanctions on Pakistan.

they already droned us twice supplies will be opened without a deal or any apology...... we should or could do is irrelevant since we dont hold the decisions now do we?

Personally given who I am, where I'm from and my political beliefs I would like Pakistan to resume the convoys however, if I was a Pakistani I woul be outraged. A sorry isn't going to give comfort to the grieving families, I would be disgusted. But politics being what it is the convoys will resume shortly no doubt.

this is an issue which should ideally discussed between parliamentarians and khakis......a joint statement should be released after a decision is made --and whatever that decision is, it should be one that keeps Pakistans national security and other interests in mind

its a wrong question
they don’t even apologise to British although there have been many blue on blues.
reopening of NATO supplies shouldn’t be based on an apology. But an agreed new rules of engagement and understanding.

Also the NATO report is blaming Pakistanis for firing at them so forget about the apology

DCC decides to keep NATO supply line closed

321490-DCCmeetingphoto-1326555490-589-640x480.jpg

Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani chairing a meeting of the Defence Committee of the Cabinet at the Prime Minister House in Islamabad on Saturday.

ISLAMABAD: The Defence Cabinet Committee (DCC), which met under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, while reviewing the Norht Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) inquiry report into the November 26 attack on a border check post, has decided to keep NATO supply route closed, Express News reported on Saturday.

While addressing the DCC, Gilani said that Pakistan had sacrificed the most against terror, and as resolved in the Defence Cabinet Committee and the unanimously in the Parliament, no space will be given to terrorism and that the sovereignty of Pakistan will be protected.

Speaking at a meeting of the Defence Cabinet Committee (DCC) in Islamabad on Saturday, Gilani said that the government, the parliament and the people were fully behind the security forces and there was complete consensus that no space would be given to terrorism.

He said that decisions taken by the DCC had guided the country in grave circumstances into safeguarding the interests of Pakistan. He said that democracy provided an avenue which allowed a consensus to be forged on the on the national interests of Pakistan.

“National unity is the need of the hour, the parliament provides avenues to forge national consensus each organ and state institution has to play its due role within its respective domain to bring forth the best interests of Pakistan,” he said before calling on the civil institutions to play their due role in socio-economic development.

Calling the armed forces a pillar of the nation’s strength and resilience, the Premier said that the country’s sovereignty was not negotiable and would reject any approach that would undermine the national honour and dignity.

Gilani said that Pakistan had been affected by the continued strife and militancy in Afghanistan. However, it had managed notable success in dealing with terrorism and militancy.

DCC to review NATO attack inquiry report

Referring to the November 26 Nato, ISAF attack on a Pakistani border checkpost, Gilani said that at the time the Parliamentary Committee on National Security had taken clear decisions, which had been subsequently endorsed by the Parliament.

“A full review of the terms of cooperation with US, NATO, ISAF was in process,” the Premier said, adding the decisions in this regard, including a review of the inquiry report of the attack, will be taken in line with aspirations of the people.

:)

You can see picture of Gilani and Kiyani meeting face to face, NATO supply lines is still closed except drones attacks!

Back
Top Bottom