What's new

Pakistan begins work on 700-km pipeline to import LNG from China

Never heard of this project before o_O

its wrong reporting, this pipeline for Chinese import of LNG from Gawadar and will be connected to IP pipeline in the future

Now it make sense...

Uff our reporting standard!!!

This is 700 km gawadar to nawabshah LNG pipeline project to import from gulf not from china. China is only financing the project.

Reminds me of how our newspaper misreported railway engines for transport of coal as coal powered engines. Extremely pathetic reporting and even more pathetic editing.

Import LNG from China ?? What kind of sorcery is this :lol:
@Chinese-Dragon Whats going on ? I am assuming this is will be used to send LNG to China from Gwadar ..

@Chinese-Dragon Whats going on ? I am assuming this is will be used to send LNG to China from Gwadar ..

I think they got it the wrong way round.

We do actually have the largest Shale gas reserves in the world, but that is decades away from being harnessed efficiently.

So unless they have a time machine, I think they got it the wrong way around.

I think they got it the wrong way round.

We do actually have the largest Shale gas reserves in the world, but that is decades away from being harnessed efficiently.

So unless they have a time machine, I think they got it the wrong way around.

As I said before. That's nothing but bad reporting. The actual project is 700 km gawadar to nawabshah pipeline for omitted LNG being funded by China:

On G-to-G contract basis: Chinese company to begin laying 700km Gwadar-Nawabshah LNG pipeline | Business Recorder

In future it can be connected to Iran to start gas import from there too.

Great news , never mind the dumb trolls and haters they will die with hate inside them and to those who say the project makes no sense it makes perfect sense and also why does China invest in Pakistan .. none of any ones business !

The link in the Hon Bilal's post says ”The company has assured Pakistan of completing the pipeline and LNG terminal within two-year”.

It is clearly implied that LNG would be first converted into gaseous form at the LNG terminal and then piped 700 KM pipeline to Nawabshah. Hence it would not be an LNG pipeline, but pipeline transporting natural gas imported as LNG.

Theoretically LNG can be transported in cryogenic pipelines. However such pipelines are usually subsea ( under the water) or aerial. All of these systems are very new and extremely costly. Standard procedure is to import the LNG via ships, convert LNG into gaseous form and then transport inland via the normal natural gas pipeline. This is exactly what is being done in this case.

For the benefit of the fellow members the following links provide basic info about LNG & natural gas transportation.

Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)

LNG: Subsea Cryogenic Pipelines | total.com

China and Pakistan will build 700 km gas pipeline to bring natural gas to LNG production plant.

Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) is natural gas that has been chilled to -160°C. :astagh:Once chilled, the natural gas becomes a liquid, condensing to 1/600th of its original volume.

Only Pakistani journalist, can transport LNG via pipelines :omghaha:

What ??:blink:
China is a major gas importer.

I yhink there is something wrong in this reports.

Aiming to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from China, Pakistan has started construction of its seven hundred-kilometer pipeline, Radio Pakistan reported.

Minister of Petroleum and Natural Resources Shahid Khaqan Abbasi while addressing the media, stated that the project will be jointly funded by Pakistan and China.

Read: China-funded LNG project to turn into Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline: petroleum minister

“Chinese funds will benefit Pakistan and allow it to complete its Iran-Pakistan Gas Pipeline project,” Abbasi added.

According to Abbasi, Pakistan has been trying to overcome its energy crisis by importing gas from Iran however, sanctions on Iran had hampered the work on the project.

Read: Good tidings: Iran deal brightens IP gas pipeline prospects

Further stating that Gwadar port being the central hub for China Pakistan Economic Corridor, will allow Western China to gain access to warm waters.

Pakistan begins work on 700-km pipeline to import LNG from China - The Express Tribune

And later turn out that it was oil pipeline from Pakistan to China

it makes sense to import LNG from Qatar and Iran,

China doesnot makes sense, since they too import gas from Russia and the middle east
Its more of pakistan north south pipe line project..,import frm china is our media's....imgination.,...LNG terminal is being built....having capacity to procesz gas frm IP pipe line n export LNG frm gawadr onwards....

Back
Top Bottom