What's new

Pakistan begins work on 700-km pipeline to import LNG from China

is it not much easier to complete the 70 km pipeline from Iran than to complete 700 km pipeline from china,am i missing something here,and china improts natural gas for itself.something dsnt seem right or am i missing something.

its wrong reporting, this pipeline for Chinese import of LNG from Gawadar and will be connected to IP pipeline in the future

is it not much easier to complete the 70 km pipeline from Iran than to complete 700 km pipeline from china,am i missing something here,and china improts natural gas for itself.something dsnt seem right or am i missing something.

What it actually means is that the pipeline is being financed entirely by China. Pakistan is giving security cover.:lol:

There is something ‘Essentially wrong in this report. I have never come across anywhere in world where LNG is exported by “Pipeline”. There are three things wrong with this news item.

A. It takes a lot of investment to convert natural into liquid and then convert it back into gas. It is much easier and far more cost effective to transport natural gas via pipeline. Transport of LNG is normally by ships and natural gas by pipeline.

B. China does not export LNG or natural gas. In fact China is a major importer of LNG. Chna imported 1.5-million tons of LNG during April 2015. Total imports are about 20-miilion tons per annum. Latest info is: Uncertain Future for China’s LNG Imports - China - Blogs.

C. China is also a major imported of natural gas from Central Asian countries. Imports during March 2015 alone were 2.73-billion CBM (96.4 – billion CFT or about 3-2-billion CFT per day)

China's March natural gas pipeline imports rise 41.3% on year to 2.73 Bcm - Natural Gas | Platts News Article & Story

It is absolutely ludicrous to say that Chinese LNG will be exported to Pakistan via pipeline. But what do you expect from Pakistani journalists who believed in Water Car engineer!!

This is certainly a misrepresentation. It is probably natural gas pipeline from Turkmenistan. LNG Import via Gwader is also unlikely because China's Eastern neighbour Turkmenistan is a major natural gas exporter.

Last edited:
Oil import from KSA doesn't make any sense, Iran pipeline don't make sense, CEC passing through sindh and Punjab don't make sense, international mining companies don't make sense, locomotives from China and buses from Turkey don't make sense, Norway solar panel are shit, seriously, if you Pakistanis are so why don't start making your buses, locomotives etc, why then you are totally waiting for government to do something and when they does than it is not acceptable to you guys.

We (Pakistanis) are sore loosers, who just keep dreaming about how great Pakistan is yet keep dragging our leaders down, who are nothing but our own reflection.

Title is misleading.. It's Irani gas going to China. Not other way around.

Indians... Please use this

image-axd.jpeg
31HUewAyPcL.jpg

Oil import from KSA doesn't make any sense, Iran pipeline don't make sense, CEC passing through sindh and Punjab don't make sense, international mining companies don't make sense, locomotives from China and buses from Turkey don't make sense, Norway solar panel are shit, seriously, if you Pakistanis are so why don't start making your buses, locomotives etc, why then you are totally waiting for government to do something and when they does than it is not acceptable to you guys.

We (Pakistanis) are sore loosers, who just keep dreaming about how great Pakistan is yet keep dragging our leaders down, who are nothing but our own reflection.

Title is misleading.. It's Irani gas going to China. Not other way around.
So why all this grumbling . Could have told earlier . If something doesnt make sense u ask !!!. Thats what most of the posters are on about.
So its the media thats wrong

Its surprising to note that why the pipeline with Iran is not being pursued strongly when sanctions are being lifted ?

Last edited:
It will be our personal matter son. You should worry about your paybacks to Russia.
Son? Ok, dear grand dad, when you start paying Rs 18-20 per unit for your electricity to Chinese companies then we'll talk! :P

And what 'payback' to Russia, grand dad?? There's nothing we need to pay them. Zero! Zilch! :azn:

Its surprising to note that why the pipeline with china is not being pursued strongly when sanctions are being lifted ?

You mean to say with Iran? Kamal kerta hain app. You do realize that we have a government of NS in Pakistan and Nawaz is but a humble servant of the house of Saud. Do i need to say more?

You mean to say with Iran? Kamal kerta hain app. You do realize that we have a government of NS in Pakistan and Nawaz is but a humble servant of the house of Saud. Do i need to say more?

Oh yes i misquoted i meant to say Iran

Thats being completed also

Its surprising to note that why the pipeline with Iran is not being pursued strongly when sanctions are being lifted ?

Its being completed soon

You need funding for such a big project. No bank is willing until such time sanction are lifted. I am sure that it will pursued but we will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom